JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I ordered 5 days ago and still hasn't shipped. Can you believe these guys?!
I was getting a little P-O'd but in my defense…. I'm a selfish SOB. Then it dawned on me, obviously they are busy, everyone is right now. But beyond that even is the fact that Aero and every manufacturer in Washington and Oregon are being issued an order of cease and desist operations. They'll have 90 days to liquidate inventory and then retool, adapt, or pack out. If I wasn't such an inpatient motherstuffer, I'd at least try to conjure up some compassion. But I'm not. Where's my freaking part?!
Seriously…can't imagine the angst they're feeling. The anti-gunners have no idea what problems this invites and division it creates.

I've heard old timers and cowboys say 'good riddings' to AR's then ride off into the sunset on their new quads. Personally, I've never been a huge fan of the AR and yet here I am scrambling to put one together at the last minute. I'm afraid the time is nigh for getting the ubiquitous small caliber rifle. Parts are prolific and excepting alternative calibers and piston jobs, completely interchangeable. It's ugly, it's dirty, and know matter how much you spend on custom parts, it will never stir the soul like a good lever/bolt/pump action does. BUT… there's no alternative that meets the requirements of one rifle/one caliber/one nation. There are I arguably better ones but they're too few, too expensive, too hard to source parts, and ammunition. I know it's all been said before but it bears repeating. I never thought I'd be feeling this way but it's time to say it. These little black rifles matter more than ever. There will likely never be another like it in any foreseeable future. The range of calibers is staggering to me. Less than 50 years ago my entire family owned a revolver, shotgun, or rifle. I was damn certain the only ammunition in existence was 22LR, 30~06, 30-30, and 12ga birdshot. I'd heard of the exotic like .38, .270, 20ga, and 410 but just rumors and movies. And here we are in this crazy mess of a world that I thank The Lord Almighty, my grandparents did not bear witness to.

1680674563677.png

This reads like a guy who's alarm clock rang 5 minutes after work already started and he's blaming traffic for being late

Wish you luck @FnM
I felt it all came pretty fast too. I feel it'll work out for the OP, but it's still anxious.

The classic, 'ole reliables the OP was so use to, were in the forefront and I was scrambling to get primers because I was trying to get into hand/re loading. Before the AWB proposal. I bet the bolts, lever and revo's are going to be in high demand (already are) as well. Harder to fulfill my cowboy load out.

I'm fortunate to have gotten into the Black rifle soon enough to be able to enjoy 7 different chamberings (8…12g AR style). But really thinking about the stuff I "need to get" before I cannot. Hopefully we have little more time to get components but still not aware of how parts are gonna work.

I encouraged some neighbors and acquaintances to get into the black rifle if they had the smallest curiosity about them. Offered answers to any questions they had. But I'm now watching them go through a similar emotional roller coaster.

So…

Am I the only one reading this thinking, Aero got slapped with a cease and desist? I'd think I've heard about that?!?

Wish you luck @FnM
I felt it all came pretty fast too. I feel it'll work out for the OP, but it's still anxious.

The classic, 'ole reliables the OP was so use to, were in the forefront and I was scrambling to get primers because I was trying to get into hand/re loading. Before the AWB proposal. I bet the bolts, lever and revo's are going to be in high demand (already are) as well. Harder to fulfill my cowboy load out.

I'm fortunate to have gotten into the Black rifle soon enough to be able to enjoy 7 different chamberings (8…12g AR style). But really thinking about the stuff I "need to get" before I cannot. Hopefully we have little more time to get components but still not aware of how parts are gonna work.

I encouraged some neighbors and acquaintances to get into the black rifle if they had the smallest curiosity about them. Offered answers to any questions they had. But I'm now watching them go through a similar emotional roller coaster.
I've a feeling some neighborly help from brothers and sisters will help out.

This bill will pass and inslee will sign it into law. It will likely be overturned by SCOTUS but that will take 2 years or more. I would love to be wrong.
Again, you can't enforce a law with a cease and desist if the bill hasn't yet become law.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews