JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm wondering how many people have safes in there pickup? My work pickups backseat is all safe for firearms(custom made by protec) and my personal f150 has a safe in the center console. The one in the f150 doesn't get used much cause I prefer to keep my tools on my person. Wife stores her firearm in there when she works twice a week

I'm wondering how many people have safes in there pickup? My work pickups backseat is all safe for firearms(custom made by protec) and my personal f150 has a safe in the center console. The one in the f150 doesn't get used much cause I prefer to keep my tools on my person. Wife stores her firearm in there when she works twice a week
That could be a good thread all by itself. "What car safe do you use" or something like that.

That could be a good thread all by itself. "What car safe do you use" or something like that.
Ya I'd like to get some ideas to easy access but secure. My work safe I have to get out of my pickup to access my tools. I really need something faster. We used to use over head racks but big sky stopped making them for the new aluminum body ford's. So now I just have firearms sitting on my passenger seat and thats definitely not ideal(obviously they go in the safe when I'm out of my vehicle)

Ya I'd like to get some ideas to easy access but secure. My work safe I have to get out of my pickup to access my tools. I really need something faster. We used to use over head racks but big sky stopped making them for the new aluminum body ford's. So now I just have firearms sitting on my passenger seat and thats definitely not ideal(obviously they go in the safe when I'm out of my vehicle)
Did have a secret compartment for a gun. Also had a secret battery disconnect installed with an on off lever hidden within reach of the driver.

Very true. Any safe using a cylinder type key is incredibly easy to bypass... IF... a guy is prepared and carrying the right tools around in his pocket just waiting to run across one. 🤣

Let's face it... most any type of securing method really only helps keep typically honest people "honest". A prepared and determined thief... not a lot you can do but slow them down.

I'm not sure how to post a link. You wanna start one?
The easiest way is to click the Quote button to the lower right of the post you want to quote. Then, in your new post, click the Insert Quotes button (it will only show up if you have a quote ready to insert).

Here's the new thread:

What do you use for a gun safe in your car or truck? Right now I just have a cheap "personal vault" with a tether. All it will do is slow down a thief. I broke into my old one pretty easily after I lost the key. What do you use and why?
I'd suggest that you repeat what you posted here first because it would be helpful to people. Normally we don't duplicate content like that but I think it would be appropriate in this case.

Nice work! I made the mistake of going to the ODFW site, loading the E-regs and finding very little information there. There were some more hotlinks to various sites buried within, but I was bored by then.

If you can explain duck and geese identification and bag limits to me in 10 minutes - LET'S GO DUCK HUNTING! 😂 (If we bag a crane or swan, he's all yours.)
California Condors are pretty beaky but hey.

Very true. Any safe using a cylinder type key is incredibly easy to bypass... IF... a guy is prepared and carrying the right tools around in his pocket just waiting to run across one. 🤣

Let's face it... most any type of securing method really only helps keep typically honest people "honest". A prepared and determined thief... not a lot you can do but slow them down.
Can you put a different lock on it? I don't own this vault but maybe different lock can put to make it more secure. 18 gauge metal is not that thick either

Can you put a different lock on it? I don't own this vault but maybe different lock can put to make it more secure. 18 gauge metal is not that thick either
I'm sure something could be jerry rigged, but then that kind of defeats the easy access purpose in spending any money on it in the first place. Mounting a steel box through the floorboard with a hefty padlock would be cheaper and more "secure", but also a PITA to get into and retrieve your backup. If you're going for your backup I would guess you would NEED it as quickly as possible.

It's a situational choice.. I sense that the original poster was picking up some very sketchy vibes from the felon and decided to protect his own rights to hunt. Not saying the firearms restrictions were fair or justified. But he was restricted and knew it, there's no excuse.

There's no way to know that a neighbor didn't also call in and report gunshots that day...

How would it have played out if the officials arrived and found two guys dressing elk.. one is a felon. Could have easily had ALL guns permanently seized and charges for everyone. Legal costs.. fines.. etc etc.

At the risk of sounding like a boy scout... Sometimes you have to be the responsible party and follow the rules, even awkwardly reporting crap to protect yourself. It sucks, it's not a good feeling, it's not ideal but you have to protect yourself sometimes.

Truthfully, I've got zero problem with someone turning in a poacher. If we could eliminate poaching, maybe we wouldn't have to wait 10-20 years to draw some tags.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top