JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Magpul makes a grip with a rubbery feel to it. I put the regular magpul grips on all mine and like them a lot, until I felt the rubber ones. Way better.

I'm a total magpul fanboy though.
But you can't go wrong with BCM.

That's the nice thing (and bad) about ARs the possibilities are endless.

I like the foregrip more towards the middle to rear of the handguard as well.
Doesn't wear your shoulders so much, and on a 16" it's not a big difference anyway.

Now on my 24" bull barrel, that's a different story. That pif is wasay front heavy. Bench gun for sure.

Have fun with it, soon enough you will have a drawer full of spare parts like the rest of us.
If you like a comfortable, "rubbery" feel to a grip (as do I), you really should check out the Hogue grip. Hogue OverMolded Pistol Grip AR-15 Rubber These are my absolute favorite and I've tried lots of different grips.

Last Edited:
Now I'm looking at butt stocks, but I can't find a solid answer if my buffer tube is milspec or commercial... o_O

I read commercial buffer tubes have a slant at the end and are not flat. Mine is flat, but I don't wanna mis order based on that. Anyone know?

Last Edited:
Now I'm looking at butt stocks, but I can't find a solid answer if my buffer tube is milspec or commercial... o_O

I read commercial buffer tubes have a slant at the end and are not flat. Mine is flat, but I don't wanna mis order based on that. Anyone know?
Here's a pic.
Click on it to enlarge...
Using a caliper to measure is best, but lacking that...

Mil spec threads are "rolled in".
Commercial threads are cut.
Commercial will usually (but not always) have the slanted end as shown in the pic.
Buffer Tube2.jpg

Last Edited:
Thank you guys! I think I'm gonna go over molded Houge on both grip and stock. I told myself I wasnt gunna modify anymore this month but I didn't go combat arms in the army cause I make good choices... ;):s0067:

Hell yeah man thank you for the offer. I've been looking for some ranges where the dues arnt too crazy. I make it around Northern Oregon quite a bit. My fiance works downtown at psu. Plus I don't ever mind driving if it's for some pew pew

Well let me know! They are closed the first Monday of every month for maintenance, otherwise good to go. You bring yours, I'll bring a few of mine and we can have some fun. And since I appreciate your service to our country, the range fee is on me! :)

Well let me know! They are closed the first Monday of every month for maintenance, otherwise good to go. You bring yours, I'll bring a few of mine and we can have some fun. And since I appreciate your service to our country, the range fee is on me! :)

Oh man brotha thank you. Very appreciated. I will let you know! My gal is still recovering from surgery so I'm on medic duty for a bit. Once she's cleared I'll let you know we'll set something up!

What about a sling ? :D

I have a BFG Victory that is unpadded but very nice for only $26 but sadly they don't have that model anymore.
And I have their Vickers padded....BFG is very well made....stitching, craftsmanship and material is excellent.
You may have seen BFG slings overseas ?
Some use seat belt material which I don't like....too slick.
Here's the Blue Force Gear site....MSRpricing, so shop around for lower prices.
Vickers Slings

What about a sling ? :D

I have a BFG Victory that is unpadded but very nice for only $26 but sadly they don't have that model anymore.
And I have their Vickers padded....BFG is very well made....stitching, craftsmanship and material is excellent.
You may have seen BFG slings overseas ?
Some use seat belt material which I don't like....too slick.
Here's the Blue Force Gear site....MSRpricing, so shop around for lower prices.
Vickers Slings

Slings I'm not too worried about. I don't mind a basic 3 point sling, when I do use one it would be for outdoor range training and I'd probably only use it in relation to my plate carrier. I usually just wolf clip it to my plate carrier for a straight hang to my right side.

As far as slings go savvy sniper slings are pretty good, though pricey. I have one of them and I'm in the process of getting another to replace the sling that's on my AR. Its a 2 point and a single point sling in one.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top