JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Workie now !

I like Magpul stuff.

OK, now let's spend your money...:D

I like these grips (without beavertail) some like beavertail
<broken link removed>

I put a CTR on my first build...(not bad for the money)
Make sure you know what your receiver extension (buffer tube) is before you buy a buttstock.
(commercial or mil spec ?)
<broken link removed>

DSG is a good shop, BTW
NOT TO CHANGE THE SUBJECT, BUT ARE THERE ANY SHOPS OR PEOPLE SELLING AR 80% LOWERS IN ORE?

If you lived nearby I'd let you finger my triggers ;) LOL

Seriously though, take ya out to my shooting spot...well not this time of year cause snow unless someone has a range membership nearby, but when the snow clears and all..Let ya run a few mags through it and see how ya like the trigger with live fire.

Geissele makes SSF triggers for spec ops military use, so special forces teams and seal teams, etc will sometimes have their M4's fitted with the enhanced triggers. SSF can be used in civilian rifles as well but without the auto sear and the M16 selector switch it is still just semi auto. the SSF just has the auto sear catch on the hammer where the SSA does not. (SSA = semi auto, SSF = select fire)

My rifle I built from individual parts.
20141216_143418_zps0019f547.jpg

A buddy of mine that was in the air force loves that thing and his first words after shooting it were: "holy sh*t dude this thing is a f*ckin tack driver!"

optics co-witness with iron sights
20141216_182050_zps59365635.jpg

lower 1/3rd co-witness
20141216_182119_zps64ddf88b.jpg

Just put that there to give ya some ideas ;)

Ultimately you gotta decide what you like and what works best for you to be consistent, comfortable with your weapon, and accurate.

If you lived nearby I'd let you finger my triggers ;) LOL

Seriously though, take ya out to my shooting spot...well not this time of year cause snow unless someone has a range membership nearby, but when the snow clears and all..Let ya run a few mags through it and see how ya like the trigger with live fire.

Geissele makes SSF triggers for spec ops military use, so special forces teams and seal teams, etc will sometimes have their M4's fitted with the enhanced triggers. SSF can be used in civilian rifles as well but without the auto sear and the M16 selector switch it is still just semi auto. the SSF just has the auto sear catch on the hammer where the SSA does not. (SSA = semi auto, SSF = select fire)

My rifle I built from individual parts.
View attachment 341181

A buddy of mine that was in the air force loves that thing and his first words after shooting it were: "holy sh*t dude this thing is a f*ckin tack driver!"

optics co-witness with iron sights
View attachment 341182

lower 1/3rd co-witness
View attachment 341183

Just put that there to give ya some ideas ;)

Ultimately you gotta decide what you like and what works best for you to be consistent, comfortable with your weapon, and accurate.

I drooled a bit looking at that...

Last Edited:
Here a few target pics from a cheap Delton light weight middy at 100 yards with a stock trigger and the cheapest ammo you can buy. I scoped it too see if it liked Herter's and UMC. The trigger is not a good as my DDM4-v4 or is it as accurate. But good enough for me for a truck, beater AR. Just depends on what your after. 1"-2 groups w a milspec trigger isnt uncommon.

IMG_20170208_133413.jpg IMG_20170208_133520.jpg

Or you get serious. In good fun.

IMG_20170208_134035.jpg

Last Edited:
Found this hand guard and Foregrip on MidwayUSA for a steal. One step closer to tacticool ;)
Cant wait to take this baby to the range!

View attachment 340046
Sense I'm in a good mood if 13BWAYTobe private msg me your address I'll give you this magpul grip IMAG0717.jpg IMAG0716.jpg it's just basic black magpul moe grip I'll mail to you and if you don't like it you can give it to someone else

Last edited by a moderator:
Would like to give a huge thanks to @EPS for the magpul grip. Super comfortable! (Updated pic below)

P.s. That attachment screw was a painnnn to get in there!

P.s.s. I store my AR as I did in my units armory (Bolt forward weapon on fire) Before I get flak for the fire selector :)

20170216_140718.jpg

Next up the stock!

Thank you! Gotta give some credit too NWFA for all the help in selecting parts and the rifle itself. You guys have made the civilian crossover to buying and building firearms a breeze!

If you ever want to build one from scratch, I'm sure there are plenty of us willing to lend you a hand in assembly and parts required.

I built mine pretty much from scratch other than the bolt/carrier...that came assembled and staked. But aside from that if you need a hand assembling an upper or lower: I have the tools to do it ;)

If you ever want to build one from scratch, I'm sure there are plenty of us willing to lend you a hand in assembly and parts required.

I built mine pretty much from scratch other than the bolt/carrier...that came assembled and staked. But aside from that if you need a hand assembling an upper or lower: I have the tools to do it ;)
I bought my first AR 15 a stock basic AR started up grades when it got to where I could not up grade any more I decided to build one or put one together LOL NOW I HAVE BUILT 4 one pistol one 300 black out one for my sisters Xmas present and in the process of doing another thinking of a 6.8SPC

I plan to build an AR10 next. Im pretty sure ill need punches and a castle wrench(?) for the barrel.

I am also in the slow process of building an "AR-10." (LR-308) Some day I'll get around to finishing it. Not really a high priority at the moment for me due to financial reasons. I bought the stripped lower before all the new laws in the past year or so came out. Put a lower parts kit in, a trigger, and a grip, and that's about as far as I got for now.

Still need to get a buffer assembly and stock to complete the lower. For that one I actually found a complete upper that came with everything I wanted in it including the barrel I want (blackhole weaponry .308/7.62x51) So I might actually go that route and just buy a complete upper. Just haven't decided yet if I want a fixed position rifle stock or an adjustable stock which is why I haven't gotten the buffer assembly for it yet. Also saves me from having to buy a AR308 vice block to assemble an upper. I have the AR15 vice blocks but not the AR308 blocks.

The "AR10" and "AR308" are two different specs. AR10 is considered the "Armalite" spec and the "AR308" or "LR-308" is the "DPMS" spec.

Don't be fooled: there is no "milspec" for the .308 platform.

I chose the DPMS spec because it seemingly has more 3rd party support, and the more manufactures make parts for your gun the better. Means better prices due to competition, more parts availability, and usually better quality parts available.

Many AR15 parts interchange with the DPMS 308 platform including the lower parts kits, the fire control group, the buffer tubes, grips, and depending on barrel: the gas blocks can also be the same as well. However gas tubes are usually different length/bend.

Buffers themselves are different too. If memory serves the 308 uses a shorter buffer to accommodate the larger bolt/carrier group.

Other than ensuring you get parts for the same spec you choose to go with they should go together pretty much the same way with subtle differences. (screws instead of roll pins in certain places on the lower for example like on the bolt catch.)

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top