JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Very nice work. Sorry for the newb question, but are you going to re-blue it? (the pic I see makes it look very silver)

I was thinking about Rebluing the barrel. I'm VERY new to restoring and fixing up firearms. So I am waiting until I do more research on how to do it.

I'm leaving it "NAKED" for now. Kind of has nice look to it. I just rubbed plenty of gun oil on the barrel for now.

I ordered it from Brownells, it called oxpho-blue cream p/n 124-004AA. Its like 10 bucks a bottle but it works great. Just follow the instructions on the bottle, I found that you get a deeper blue if you heat the metal up with a blow dryer

I think I'll stick to WOOD refinishing. I tried painting a different stock this evening and it didn't go as well as this wood one did. A lot more mess and more cost, and much harder to get just right. Drips, marks, dust, etc. I just don't have the time or tools it takes to properly custom paint stocks. Blah!

I think I'll strip off the $15 dollars worth of paint I just put on and go for a nice wood finish.

I'll post it up when it's done.

I read somewhere that if you put it in the oven (UNLOADED of course) at about 200 degrees for a few minutes... just until its hot enough to be uncomfortable to hold... that the cold bluing stuff turns out even better.

Someone please correct me if I am wrong... but that's what I read.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top