JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Very nice work. Sorry for the newb question, but are you going to re-blue it? (the pic I see makes it look very silver)

I was thinking about Rebluing the barrel. I'm VERY new to restoring and fixing up firearms. So I am waiting until I do more research on how to do it.

I'm leaving it "NAKED" for now. Kind of has nice look to it. I just rubbed plenty of gun oil on the barrel for now.

I ordered it from Brownells, it called oxpho-blue cream p/n 124-004AA. Its like 10 bucks a bottle but it works great. Just follow the instructions on the bottle, I found that you get a deeper blue if you heat the metal up with a blow dryer

I think I'll stick to WOOD refinishing. I tried painting a different stock this evening and it didn't go as well as this wood one did. A lot more mess and more cost, and much harder to get just right. Drips, marks, dust, etc. I just don't have the time or tools it takes to properly custom paint stocks. Blah!

I think I'll strip off the $15 dollars worth of paint I just put on and go for a nice wood finish.

I'll post it up when it's done.

I read somewhere that if you put it in the oven (UNLOADED of course) at about 200 degrees for a few minutes... just until its hot enough to be uncomfortable to hold... that the cold bluing stuff turns out even better.

Someone please correct me if I am wrong... but that's what I read.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
May 26, 2024 Oregon Arms Collectors
Portland, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top