JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
How do you grandfather in something that was being sold / made in Oregon before Mossberg and Remington started producing them commercially? I'd say there are hundreds of the 'original' shockwave/birds head grip 'firearms' floating around in Oregon alone. Many before their draconian sb941.

And why are we even entertaing the idea of letting them push us around again! Seriously? Why the hell are we all even celebrating the 4th? :mad:

Independence my bubblegum.

Sadly a lot of those "we" you mention allow this and even vote for it.

How do you grandfather in something that was being sold / made in Oregon before Mossberg and Remington started producing them commercially? I'd say there are hundreds of the 'original' shockwave/birds head grip 'firearms' floating around in Oregon alone. Many before their draconian sb941.

And why are we even entertaing the idea of letting them push us around again! Seriously? Why the hell are we all even celebrating the 4th? :mad:

Independence my bubblegum.
Might as well abolish the Fourth and just have mandatory Soviet-style May Day goose-step-a-thons...

I think the hardest part is knowing that if we stood together, even just a small number of us, by this time tomorrow we could be...... oh wait, I can't finish that statement, now can I? When did it become wrong / against the rules / illegal to say we won't put up with tyranny anymore? Even at just a local (Pacific NW) level?

On the lighter side, if anyone has some ammo to burn, I may have access to one of these super evil firearms. No guarantee after tomorrow though.

If you ask nice, and are not just wanting to arrest me, let me know. We can meet up at the local range, and kill some tennis balls or something.

Last Edited:
Remember to Federal murders at Ruby Ridge started over shotgun barrels being half an inch too short.

I don't know if he has changed his story but after that was all over that's not what Randy said. At that time Randy admitted he made an illegal weapon and knew he was. He said the guy who asked him to saw one off was told he could just do it himself. The clown talked Randy into doing it by paying him. Randy said he felt pretty stupid after, duh. Now the response from the SS was way over the top which is why they were all acquitted. The sniper that murdered his wife should have gone up but it's not a perfect world. The moral to the story is when someone asks you to make them a sawed off shotgun tell them hacksaws are sold at every hardware store.

No.
The only thing that is current, is that the OSP are currently "holding" all BGC's for these firearms, nothing more.

Welp it looks like the OSP is delaying everyone trying to purchase a Mossy 590 Shockwave and the Remington Tac 14.
I knew it was only a matter of time.
I called OSP and confirmed it tonight.
So, go buy a regular shotgun and then go buy the short barrel separately. Apply to the ATF for a short barreled conversion permit using a trust. It never needs to go thru any state agency because you already own the original gun.

Remember to Federal murders at Ruby Ridge started over shotgun barrels being half an inch too short.
But Randy Weaver knowingly shorten the shotgun barrel himself. Warrant was issued but he failed to comply. Armed resistance to a lawful court order never turns out good. Who's fault? Randy Weaver caused the whole tragedy by not complying in the first place. Did the government overreact?
Yes, and the courts agreed with Weaver's attorney. Yes, Weaver won but he caused the death of his son and wife. It would have never happened if Weaver would have complied with the warrant and fought it in court, instead of with guns!

He may have set events in motion, but Lon Horiuchi was the one who had the finger on the trigger and chose the cold-blooded murder of a nonthreatening noncombatant.

There were a lot of links in the Failure Chain that led to that event, plenty of which had their seeds planted in Jackbooted Federal Fascism before many of us here were ever even born.

He may have set events in motion, but Lon Horiuchi was the one who had the finger on the trigger and chose the cold-blooded murder of a nonthreatening noncombatant.

There were a lot of links in the Failure Chain that led to that event, plenty of which had their seeds planted in Jackbooted Federal Fascism before many of us here were ever even born.
Your comment shows your hate for our government. I'm sure white supremacists and anarchist would agree with you, but you missed the whole point. Weaver is morally at fault. And a Deputy US Marshall paid for it with his life also.

Whatever. Bite me, troll. And I don't like white supremacists, anarchists or many Republicans either.

YOU missed my point that there were a lot of dominoes on the table going all the way back to when ORIGINAL Fascist and KKK Terrorist Woodrow Wilson first started building the Bureaucratic Regulatory State, and removing any ONE of them would have stopped it.

Also, welcome to the Ignore List.

Your comment shows your hate for our government. I'm sure white supremacists and anarchist would agree with you, but you missed the whole point. Weaver is morally at fault. And a Deputy US Marshall paid for it with his life also.
Personally, I think Diamondback is showing a healthy distrust for a government that doesn't enforce laws on one group of citizens but does on others. Who picks and chooses who to make examples of, who doesn't evenly apply the tens of millions of laws in existence...

The same government that stores our emails, text messages and phone conversations... The same government that oversteps its bounds in nearly every aspect of American life, right down to having additional taxes on soft drinks...

I too distrust this government that is self serving... Every elected politician is accountable to those who elected them, but hardly ever are in reality...

We had BGC's long before SB941. SB941 only extended it to private sales.
Its important to note that this topic nothing illegal was done, they are working the letter of the laws.
SB941 never added any additions to required BGC just the private sales, it did however secure private family transfers.
I guess as I have said if we had proactive lobbies passing laws and going after these bogus laws already on the books we at least have a chance at progress.
We will be unhappy just as long as we keep sitting on our hands watching the clouds fly by ...............

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top