JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Did you go with vang comp? That is something I want to do with mine. Us there a noticeable difference in felt recoil?
Yes, but without the ports.
Personally I hate all ports. They're loud and concussive, and blow debris whether it's dirt from the ground (when shooting prone) or un/partially burnt powder, carbon, on in a shotgun's case, wadding.
I own no ported guns, and anything with a threaded barrel has a linear comp, suppressed, or left with a thread protector on it.
To answer your question:
I think, maybe, the recoil is reduced. Possibly the impulse is spread out a few more miliseconds making it less jarring. But it was a 3 week turnaround time, so may be all in my head. But for certain, the patterns improved. No doubt about that.
And the cleanup is much easier. The original 'forcing cone' was only about ¾" long, and very rough. Now it's about 3" long and almost a polished surface.

Last Edited:
Actually, with 3" magnums, it is one handful because the hand that is holding the forend won't be able to hold it when it recoils - that is why they have the strap.
I have never shot 3" magnums in my Shockwave or my Tac-14. :s0002: Don't wanna. Full power buckshot is plenty. I have a sling on the Tac-14 and I make new shooters wrap the sling around their forearm, and I load it with the lightest birdshot that I have with me. Several of my friends do not want to shoot either of those guns no matter what ammo. These are not feeble or timid people either.

I have never shot 3" magnums in my Shockwave or my Tac-14. :s0002: Don't wanna. Full power buckshot is plenty. I have a sling on the Tac-14 and I make new shooters wrap the sling around their forearm, and I load it with the lightest birdshot that I have with me. Several of my friends do not want to shoot either of those guns no matter what ammo. These are not feeble or timid people either.
Believe me - the recoil with 3" magnum buckshot feels about 2X the recoil of 2.75" magnum buckshot - subjective impression, but I believe anybody who tries it will certainly notice. The first shot it did literally take the foregrip out of my hand. The second time I made sure I had the strap in the right place and I held on tight.

Yes they are, and they prolly sit down to pee, too!

Man-card turn in!! :s0118:

Believe me - the recoil with 3" magnum buckshot feels about 2X the recoil of 2.75" magnum buckshot - subjective impression, but I believe anybody who tries it will certainly notice. The first shot it did literally take the foregrip out of my hand. The second time I made sure I had the strap in the right place and I held on tight.
I almost lost the front grip shooting #4 buck 2.75" when I thought I had loaded birdshot. It's definitely an adjustment, but once you learn to grip the forend as hard as you can (I'm going to pay for that one) even 00 buck is manageable.

I almost lost the front grip shooting #4 buck 2.75" when I thought I had loaded birdshot. It's definitely an adjustment, but once you learn to grip the forend as hard as you can (I'm going to pay for that one) even 00 buck is manageable.

IMG_1360.jpeg

Have a ½"x10" AR500 round plate.
I hang it with chain with 2, open-end links.
The Shockwave with 3" shells is one of the only 2 firearms that'll knock the plate off one of its hangers.
(The other is a 375 H&H at distance)

First I know a LOT of people see no reason for these to exist, I don't (as far as I know) own a piece of Mossberg, so my opinion here is worth what people are paying for it :D
Took it out today to run it and my impression is probably should have bought one years ago. It sure turns some heads when setting it off indoors. :s0140: It is a handful with full with 2 3/4 inch rounds. After 20 rounds nothing hurts but damn things sure as hell lets you know each time you touch off a round. We are sitting on a powder keg here right now over some LEO's who had a drugged up guy die after going nuts and taking several Cops to get him under control. The County charged them with murder in a trial that is a sham. If they do not find them guilty we can be guaranteed riots here. So I bought some Less than 12GA ammo and then decided to pull the trigger on one of these too. The gun left me impressed. Will test out the Less than tonight as range said no to testing them there. I paid the extra to get the Crimson Trace sight for this thing. Again I know many love to hate on lasers and again far as I know I don't own a piece of CT either but I love their stuff.
Snap shot of 10 rounds of slug on the left buck on the right at 30ft. For some reason I seemed to be pulling a little on the slugs but OO seemed center no problem. Not going to be running slugs in this one anyway so no something I wanted to waste more ammo on trying to correct.

View attachment 1748485
I don't even know why anyone would join LE anymore, risking death or imprisonment for doing your job or keeping thugs from killing you.

I don't even know why anyone would join LE anymore, risking death or imprisonment for doing your job or keeping thugs from killing you.
Sadly many places are finding this out the hard way. Many forces can no longer find people of quality to even apply. Good people are moving or just quitting. Sadly this means many are to the point they will hire people who would have never made the cut in the past. This is going to lead to a lot of mistakes that are going to get real expensive. The old be careful what you ask for, you might get it, coming home.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top