JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Video of guying yelling at shooter "shoot here MFer!" to distract him. That's a brave dude! This is the video that looks more like .308 recoil. The video in the daily mail article above looks more like .223 recoil. Hard to tell.

Honestly not my idea to be here, but we are doing a quick multi-country tour. Right now in Prague near Charles Bridge/Old Town, for those that know.

Our hotel is off a main road where the trains like our Max runs 24hrs. It's like that scene from the Blues Brothers. They run so often you hardly notice.

I was a little concerned when we got here because there is a fair amount of graffiti and the cops with American style sirens runs plenty often down the main drag Starsky & Hutch style. But it really seems safe overall.

Went to the local castle and it was guarded with two levels of security. Uniformed long gun carriers and local cops with side arms. I couldn't see what the long guns were but they had Zhukov style stocks. For the cops, some had Glocks and others had something that looked like a Hi Point grip.

Being unarmed myself feels strange, but not at all like being in California or another commie state 🤔. Outside of the graffiti there is little evidence of crime. There no "Spidey" senses going off. The area is super diverse and touristy, butt, for the local businesses, 1) know what you want. 2) No questions. Anything else, refer to #1 and #2. The "other" businesses and people have been very nice, helpful and friendly.

Again, after carrying every day outside of work for at least 10 years, I don't miss it or feel unprotected. By the way, there are thousands of people at these Christmas markets and only a small police presence. Police seem respected but I did see some ACAB graffiti in one area, but it's probably old. Also, zero homeless. A few actual beggers with cups at the Christmas market and we've only been getting around by train the past three days. Homelessness does look like a problem.
The Czech Republic is the only European country that has a Second Amendment. A goodnplace for it's ctizens.

Let me get back to you on that one. The one's that can answer that are a little less chatty. So, was your momma German or really Czech?

Ironically, there is a big building sporting a German flag down the road. I assume it to be the German Embassy.

Thanks for the support. It's my wife's birthday and she's the guide on this one. The pizza is really good, too. All you can eat and no gas or heartburn.
I'm Czech...we hate Germans.

FFS - I don't carry a gun on a regular basis because I am fearful of walking around outside, or because I expect to encounter issues, or because I get "bad feelings" in public places.

I expect to live my life not needing to use my gun, but that's not why I carry it. I carry it because if a situation arose that I could have succeeded in, but didn't, because I wasn't carrying, the inconvenience is worth it to me as a matter of insurance to avoid that scenario.

Funny thing about this OP post, there are plenty of nice places that on a regular basis are perfectly fine, until they are not… it's just a matter of bad people, bad time, circumstance.

As far as bums go, bums have existed pretty much as long as societies have existed, but bums congregate where they get support. Places that don't support bums don't see very many of them, places that give them a lot of support become saturated.

If you didn't see a lot of bums, my first question would be what type of welfare system that city had compared to other areas.

I'm Czech...we hate Germans.
How do you feel about the Russians?
The Czechs did a pretty good job of telling the Ruskies to F-off.

I don't understand why all the ex-Soviet Eastern European countries aren't flooding the Ukraine with material and manpower to butcher the Bear.

Last Edited:
I saw a lot of bravery in the coverage of the shooting. People jumping from heights and using the thick walls as cover from the shooter. I heard one woman unfortunately fell to her death from a ledge, but, she did what she could.

Instead, a lot of coverage wants to limit the conversion to fear Instead of action. It will be interesting to see what direction their laws heads after this tragedy.

It's interesting that the shooter went from outside of the city to the city center. How are firearms viewed in the country vs the cities? I don't know how their voting system works.

Just what you would expect from the MSM...quote someone unwilling to take responsubility for their own safety. The Czech have concealed carry and a 2nd amendment.....use both.
Ive said this before in other discussions here, but the vast majority of humanity does not want to accept responsibility for their own personal safety. It is the core reason we have the whole gun control debate. Czechoslovakia will now grapple with the same subject, it will be interesting to see how this affects their gun laws.

The KGB bunker by the palace and fallout shelter build by the Sovs was pretty cool in Prague.
I didn't hear about that. I saw a video of a guy showing one in his village outside of Prague. The communist history didn't hit me until Budapest. While in Czech Republic I was thinking more about the castles, churches and food.

I may be repeating this, but my wife asked why I never came to these countries before, because they were communist when I was there.

Out little tour guide in costume!

IMG_6200.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews