JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This belongs here

IMG_7815.JPG

So what is the bottom line here? Are such purchases being delayed? Because of the Oregon State Police Identification System? Are the buys being denied or delayed by OR SP?

IF DELAYED, seems our local gun shop would wait the required by law 3 business days, (around that time limit?) then they would transfer the firearm anyhow as provided by FED LAW?

If this IS the situation, and I am not sure yet, then what is the problem? Or am I missing something important? If delayed, then wait 3 days, then transfer anyhow? Our shop does this.

Some enlightenment please. Respectfully submitted by me because I am not sure.

So what is the bottom line here? Are such purchases being delayed? Because of the Oregon State Police Identification System? Are the buys being denied or delayed by OR SP?

IF DELAYED, seems our local gun shop would wait the required by law 3 business days, (around that time limit?) then they would transfer the firearm anyhow as provided by FED LAW?

If this IS the situation, and I am not sure yet, then what is the problem? Or am I missing something important? If delayed, then wait 3 days, then transfer anyhow? Our shop does this.

Some enlightenment please. Respectfully submitted by me because I am not sure.
The purchases are no longer being delayed. The initial delay was because the Oregon DOJ was looking into the barrel length vs. what the Oregon Constitution says is a "shotgun". My guess is the way dealers were filling out the paperwork set them off, hence the clarification on that point in he letter posted here. This since what I understand.

That one would need to be registered by law, the titular versions cannot have their stocks removed, which i believe is part of what makes them legal.

That one would need to be registered by law, the titular versions cannot have their stocks removed, which i believe is part of what makes them legal.

If it came from the factory with a pistol grip I think it should be alright. I don't know that the ever made a non-JIC pistol grip marine, so with that finish it'd have to be one of these.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top