JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Perhaps it would be valuable for us to anticipate what the democrat,s NEXT move might be, you can bet they have one planned!! And, take steps to counter it until we can elect pro-2nd amendment people and empty Salem of the vermin.

Sheldon

I have no interest in the shockwave or rem's version. I don't want one more now that I can't have one.

But I'm still going to buy what I want/need in case someone decides they don't like the way it looks.

It appears there is a question of definition with regard to these delays - here is what OFF just sent out a short time ago:

The Oregon State Police have confirmed that they are "delaying" all sales of "Shockwave" and "Tac-14" shotguns.

It appears this new policy started on Friday. They said they are awaiting a decision from the Department of Justice on whether these firearms are "legal" under Oregon law.

ATF has already determined that these firearms are NOT regulated under the National Firearms Act.

Oregon law describes "short barrel" shotguns as:

"a shotgun having one or more barrels less than 18 inches in length and any weapon made from a shotgun if the weapon has an overall length of less than 26 inches."

However, Oregon law does not define what a "shotgun" is.

Under Federal law, these are not shotguns at all since they are not designed to be fired from the shoulder. These firearms are not considered to have been "made from a shotgun" either since they come from the factory configured with no stock.

While Oregon law prohibit shotguns with barrels shorter than 18 inches, it provides for an "affirmative defense" if the shotgun "was registered as required under federal law."

Of course, these guns cannot be "registered" under Federal law because they are not regulated under the NFA.

My suspicion that this was a question of definition seems to have been on target. So apparently, someone (likely an anti, I would guess) probably tipped off the OSP and/or the legislature in an attempt to use a grey area in the definitions to try and block sales of legitimate, legal firearms. Maybe the anti's got an idea from Ohio, where these are definitely not allowed.
If the state has no definition for it then the federal definition should be what determines it by default.

Guess politicians gotta make things harder than it needs to be.

Yeah, but I was JUST about to buy a 590 Shockwave, now I can't! :(

Okay, not really, but generally speaking, once a gov agency says I can't have something, I want it! Even if I didn't want it before! Pretty much the same reason I bought my first AR - thanks Obama!!

Vantucky is just on the other side of the river... they are still legal/not delayed there.

Vantucky is just on the other side of the river... they are still legal/not delayed there.

Would that work though? I understood, at least by definition, that you can only do that for rifles and shotguns - if this isn't a rifle or a shotgun, by definition, could someone buy it out of state? Or does it get treated like a handgun, meaning you can only purchase in your home state? I know on Mossberg's site it said purchase of them was restricted to 21 and over, which is the same as the restriction on handguns.

Yeah, but I was JUST about to buy a 590 Shockwave, now I can't! :(

Okay, not really, but generally speaking, once a gov agency says I can't have something, I want it! Even if I didn't want it before! Pretty much the same reason I bought my first AR - thanks Obama!!
I am with you. My local FFL had one last week for $360 w/ BGC. I almost bought it because of the novelty aspect... wish I had
Government saying I should not be allowed to own a AR15 or 62gr green tips, pushed me to own plenty of each.

Would that work though? I understood, at least by definition, that you can only do that for rifles and shotguns - if this isn't a rifle or a shotgun, by definition, could someone buy it out of state? Or does it get treated like a handgun, meaning you can only purchase in your home state? I know on Mossberg's site it said purchase of them was restricted to 21 and over, which is the same as the restriction on handguns.

All you would lose is your time if they treat it like a handgun. It's unlikely they would throw you in jail for asking, though that may be Bloody Brown's next executive odor.

Yet another overreach by the Draconian Democrats in Salem...

Just waiting to see this there's enough consternation among the subjects of the State to actually do something about it...

I suspect that small core of belivers in the Constitution will be vocal, but Oregon gun owners, by far and large, are a compliant group...

Sorry, but the last several legislative sessions have proven that Oregon gun owners cannot flex sufficient muscle or provide a sufficiently sized crowd to get the Draconian leaders to take notice...

Although few like to admit it a WHOLE BUNCH of gun owners voted for Kate. They either decided they "feel" that guy Bud was not good enough, voted for some other person who had no shot, or stayed home. So they voted in Kate. This keeps happening over and over again.

I am thinking that they will have to pass legislation to ban these. At that point it will be up to the legislators whether they grandfather them or not.

OTOH, if the OR DOJ decides that these are already illegal without further legislation, then there will probably be some court cases, and if the state wins those, then I doubt there would be any grandfathering.

This is similar to Calif. and Connecticut in that they have had a number of state DOJ decisions that basically banned different categories of firearms.

How do you grandfather in something that was being sold / made in Oregon before Mossberg and Remington started producing them commercially? I'd say there are hundreds of the 'original' shockwave/birds head grip 'firearms' floating around in Oregon alone. Many before their draconian sb941.

And why are we even entertaing the idea of letting them push us around again! Seriously? Why the hell are we all even celebrating the 4th? :mad:

Independence my bubblegum.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads