JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
First I know a LOT of people see no reason for these to exist, I don't (as far as I know) own a piece of Mossberg, so my opinion here is worth what people are paying for it :D
Took it out today to run it and my impression is probably should have bought one years ago. It sure turns some heads when setting it off indoors. :s0140: It is a handful with full with 2 3/4 inch rounds. After 20 rounds nothing hurts but damn things sure as hell lets you know each time you touch off a round. We are sitting on a powder keg here right now over some LEO's who had a drugged up guy die after going nuts and taking several Cops to get him under control. The County charged them with murder in a trial that is a sham. If they do not find them guilty we can be guaranteed riots here. So I bought some Less than 12GA ammo and then decided to pull the trigger on one of these too. The gun left me impressed. Will test out the Less than tonight as range said no to testing them there. I paid the extra to get the Crimson Trace sight for this thing. Again I know many love to hate on lasers and again far as I know I don't own a piece of CT either but I love their stuff.
Snap shot of 10 rounds of slug on the left buck on the right at 30ft. For some reason I seemed to be pulling a little on the slugs but OO seemed center no problem. Not going to be running slugs in this one anyway so no something I wanted to waste more ammo on trying to correct.

590-2.png

The shockwave is a short, painful reminder that the 3" mags are best saved for the Beretta A400.

However, the Shockwave outfitted with a Salvo suppressor, pistol brace and 1-3/4" mini-mags is an absolute backyard blasting amusement fest!

The shockwave is a short, painful reminder that the 3" mags are best saved for the Beretta A400.

However, the Shockwave outfitted with a Salvo suppressor, pistol brace and 1-3/4" mini-mags is an absolute backyard blasting amusement fest!
My next buy is going to have to be one of the adapters to use Mini shells so I can buy some of those to try. Never have shot those things but they should be just the ticket for this things.

Forgot to mention too I think we have switched over to the "new system" here for doing BGC's. I was fully expecting to have this gun sit in jail at the shop for weeks. Had worked a 14 hour day so Wife Unit went down to pay the balance for it and set up the wait. A couple hours later the shop was calling her to say she could come get the gun. Now this of course does NOT mean this will be the normal thing here but it did shock the crap out of me when I got up and she told me.

For me now a shotgun has to be mag/drum fed and has to take a muzzle brake. After shooting a 12 gauge with 70% less recoil due to the brake it's pretty much impossible for me to go back. I still keep one SxS though cuz I love the gun, but that's the only exception for me. And this is from a long time hunter (I don't hunt anymore though) with traditional tube fed pumps and semi autos. I'll never go back.

The muzzle brake allows you to shoot at 300 rounds per minute accurately. And extended capacity offered by a 12 , 15, or 20 round drum means you can accurately put down massive amounts of lead in an incredibly short time. Couple that with a folding stock and 19" or so barrel and red dot and it's an incredibly good set up for a tactical type shotgun imo.

Last Edited:
The Shockwaves are super cool guns! Powerful and super fun at the range. I owned one in 12GA for a while and it was great fun! With the mini shells, it was easy to shoot and held plenty of ammo. When the 20GA came out, the 12 got sold off and I've never looked back. I wanted to love the 12GA but the 20GA recoil was just soooo much easier on me and the little rubber mini shell adapter wasn't reliable enough to trust for serious use. It would move around sometimes at the range. Now they make a version of the Shockwave that runs mini shells and full size shells. That's the one I wish I could have bought first.

The Shockwaves are super cool guns! Powerful and super fun at the range. I owned one in 12GA for a while and it was great fun! With the mini shells, it was easy to shoot and held plenty of ammo. When the 20GA came out, the 12 got sold off and I've never looked back. I wanted to love the 12GA but the 20GA recoil was just soooo much easier on me and the little rubber mini shell adapter wasn't reliable enough to trust for serious use. It would move around sometimes at the range. Now they make a version of the Shockwave that runs mini shells and full size shells. That's the one I wish I could have bought first.
I did not know that Mossy put out a version set up for the Mini's. I had wondered about the adapter. Will have to do some reading up before buying one.

My next buy is going to have to be one of the adapters to use Mini shells so I can buy some of those to try. Never have shot those things but they should be just the ticket for this things.
I've never even seen those mini shells in person. Nobody even remotely local sells them. Don't want to buy a case of them online and find out they're not for me.

Picked up a Shockwave when they first came out (2016?)
Mine's in FDE, but looks more like desert tan.
Got a tritium bead, light, aluminum follower and had the barrel backbored and forcing cone lenthtened among other things, to make it 'mine'.

The Shockwave is a hoot & hollar to shoot, and with Federal's 'flight control' wads, accurate and dense patterning.

A nitch firearm that's fun to play with, and can also be a formidable weapon should the need arise.

Last Edited:
If you got the new S model, I'd love to hear how it does with a mix of full size and minishells.

I've found that low recoil buckshot is actually less recoil than #7 1/2 and it still sends 8 pellets at 1100 FPS. I run that in my Tac-14 that won't run minishells. I've run plate racks all afternoon with # 7 1/2 and it's not tiring. Also, low recoil slugs, if you get the right brand, are over 1000 FPS for as far as you can shoot them accurately from a Shockwave.

Forgot to mention too I think we have switched over to the "new system" here for doing BGC's. I was fully expecting to have this gun sit in jail at the shop for weeks. Had worked a 14 hour day so Wife Unit went down to pay the balance for it and set up the wait. A couple hours later the shop was calling her to say she could come get the gun. Now this of course does NOT mean this will be the normal thing here but it did shock the crap out of me when I got up and she told me.
Before the change they would have processed it as an "other" which meant 4473 only in WA. It sounds slower now.

I've never even seen those mini shells in person. Nobody even remotely local sells them. Don't want to buy a case of them online and find out they're not for me.
SG has them but looks like right now have to buy quite a few. So will find a place to sell me a couple boxes first. Don't want to end up with a couple hundred of them and then find out the damn thing will not feed them :eek:
Edit well SG does have them 10 at a time again so can try tossing some on the next order

Before the change they would have processed it as an "other" which meant 4473 only in WA. It sounds slower now.
I was fully expecting it to take weeks since they got a "new system" going. The "norm" seems to be anything gov touches turns to crap. WA changed it so ALL firearm sales have to get the nod from both the Fed and state. The state part was what had me fully expecting to not hear from them for a good long while. Of course this does NOT mean that the next guy who goes to buy will not have a long wait while they screw it all up. I have zero faith in the state gov here to do anything well given their track record.

If you got the new S model, I'd love to hear how it does with a mix of full size and minishells.
Does not look like it. I had no idea they had made a version set up for the Minis. looked at Davidson's, which is where I bought this. Do not see one offered there yet. Will have to read up on the adapter and if looks good will have to buy some mini's to give them a shot.

First I know a LOT of people see no reason for these to exist, I don't (as far as I know) own a piece of Mossberg, so my opinion here is worth what people are paying for it :D
Took it out today to run it and my impression is probably should have bought one years ago.

The Shockwaves are super cool guns! Powerful and super fun
Yep, got me one of them. 12 ga Shockwave is a hoot to shoot. I put a pic rail and a green pistol laser on top of mine (upside down). Ain't used it much for anything but blasting things and taking it camping for a truck gun. Got the adapter and some mini-shells but haven't tried them yet.

Bought one in 410 as well 'cause I just couldn't have only one. I think my granddaughter probably has put more rounds thru it than myself. And, not much at that 'cause 410 is expensive to have fun with.

Awesome toys!!! :D

Does not look like it. I had no idea they had made a version set up for the Minis. looked at Davidson's, which is where I bought this. Do not see one offered there yet. Will have to read up on the adapter and if looks good will have to buy some mini's to give them a shot.
I have the OPSol adaptor for my Shockwave, and it works well for me. Mini shells are super low recoil. Neither the buck nor slugs are amazingly accurate in my gun, but they'll do. Eventually I'm going to change to an S model.

As a follow up just tried a couple of the Less than rounds. Have just one rubber ball in them. Took a heavy cardboard box and filled it with more cardboard. Shot it at about 30ft expecting the rounds to stay in the box. Damn things sailed clean through a LOT of layers of cardboard. :eek:
As the guy at the range said they are not anything close to loud. Fired them inside a metal and concrete building no protection. Damn things would have to hurt like all hell.

Picked up a Shockwave when they first came out (2016?)
Mine's in FDE, but looks more like desert tan.
Got a tritium bead, light, aluminum follower and had the barrel backbored and forcing cone lenthtened among other things, to make it 'mine'.

The Shockwave is a hoot & hollar to shoot, and with Federal's 'flight control' wads, accurate and dense patterning.

A nitch firearm that's fun to play with, and can also be a formidable weapon should the need arise.
Did you go with vang comp? That is something I want to do with mine. Us there a noticeable difference in felt recoil?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top