JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I just updated my original post and put a screen shot of what's on the NICS login page.
I received a phone call and an email about it.
If you do happen to buy one and it slips thru the background check you will be getting a phone call from them.
What will the purpose of the phone call form them to someone that purchased one? Just curious. Thank you

So, here's how I see it:
Oregon law (ORS 166.210(12)) says that a
"Short-barreled shotgun" means a shotgun having one or more barrels less than 18 inches in length and any weapon made from a shotgun if the weapon has an overall length of less than 26 inches. [Amended by 1977 c.769 §1; 1979 c.779 §3; 1989 c.839 §1; 1993 c.735 §14; 1995 c.670 §3; 1999 c.1040 §2; 2001 c.666 §§32,44; 2003 c.614 §7; 2007 c.368 §1; 2009 c.610 §4]"

However, no where in the definitions previously does it say what a shotgun is. They would have to fall back on the federal law, which defines a shotgun as:
"26 U.S.C. Chapter 53 § 5845(d) — The term "Shotgun" means a weapon designed or redesigned, made or remade, and intended to be fired from the shoulder, and designed or redesigned and made or remade to use the energy of the explosive in a fixed shotgun shell to fire through a smooth bore either a number of ball shot or a single projectile for each single pull of the trigger."

Since neither the shockwave, nor the tac-14 have ever been designed to be fired from the shoulder, they are NOT shotguns. Period. Dot.

If you think my argument is invalid, then explain how AR pistols aren't considered SBRs in Oregon given their definition in ORS 166.210(11)

"Short-barreled rifle" means a rifle having one or more barrels less than 16 inches in length and any weapon made from a rifle if the weapon has an overall length of less than 26 inches."

No mention in Oregon law as to what a "rifle" is either. Here's the brass tacks from the ATF themselves on the matter:

"Pistol Grips and Shotguns
Firearms with pistol grips attached:
The definition of a shotgun under the GCA, 18 U.S.C.
§ 921(a)(5), is "a weapon designed or redesigned, made or remade, and intended to be fired from the shoulder and de- signed or redesigned and made or remade to use the energy of an explosives to fire through a smooth bore either a number of ball shot or single projectile for each single pull of the trig- ger. Under the GCA, 18 U.S.C. § 921(a)(29)(A), handgun means "a firearm which has a short stock and is designed to be held and fired by the use of a single hand." Federal law provides under 18 U.S.C. 922(b)(1), that if the firearm to be transferred is "other than a rifle or shotgun," the purchaser must be 21 years of age or older.
Certain commercially produced firearms do not fall within the definition of shotgun under the GCA even though they utilize a shotgun shell for ammunition. For example, firearms that come equipped with a pistol grip in place of the buttstock are not shotguns as defined by the GCA.
A firearm with a pistol grip in lieu of the shoulder stock is not designed to be fired from the shoulder and, therefore, is not a shotgun. Since it is a firearm "other than a rifle or shotgun," the purchaser must be 21 years of age or older. Additionally, interstate controls apply. The licensee and transferee must be residents of the same State.
Other questions raised pertain to entries made in the licensee's required records with respect to firearm "type." These entries should indicate the firearm type as "pistol grip firearm."

https://www.atf.gov/file/56446/download

Cooler heads will prevail in this matter.

Buy a howdah. It is a legal shotgun pistol. 20 gauge. Might get the antis a little confused.

upload_2017-7-8_13-14-53.png

Talked to my FFL this morning about this when I went to pick up a gun. He said he's had several of his customers that suddenly want these and have asked if there is any way he can push it through by concealing the type of gun - listing it as a rifle or pistol, for example. He made it clear to those customers he has no interest in trying to help folks circumvent the current hold by the OSP. I thought it was interesting that folks would ask an FFL to basically try and work around the law. I would probably pass on any further business from such customers myself.

Ah, I gotcha.

Well, it ain't got dem evil features that makes em piss their pants so in that regard its safe. And it isn't an all black gun, so that's another safe point. So they'll probably ignore it until they finish everything else.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top