JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Don't have an SKS specifically, but have had enough AK clones to know not all of them like coated ammo. It gums up the chamber and causes extraction and feed issues. Unfortunately the only answer I know is to not use that kind of ammo in guns that do not like them. It might be possible to ream out the chamber a skooch more, but I cannot imagine that will do wonderful things for your accuracy. I think the best answer is probably the one you do not want to hear.

legend1.jpg

If you're comfortable with this level of disassembly. Clean the firing pin channel and examine all associated parts for wear or damage. Be careful about reassembly, as a firing pin protruding and stuck can cause slamfiring. A runaway sks is no fun.

I have an SKS D? Thumbhole stock, Chinese import....
It absolutely hates commercial brass cased ammo, no issues with steel cased....
Sorry I can't help with poly cased...

Joe
Burr on the chamber possibly? The steel would be hard enough to skate over that, but it would bite on the brass and foul up feeding. I would be curious if there are any indicative marks on the brass that could tell you exactly where the problem is. If it is a burr I bet it would hate poly coated stuff too.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top