JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi all. I don't have a lot of experience with 1911s. But I do find a full size too large. And I prefer 9mm. A few years ago I bought and quickly sold a Browning 1911-380. Great idea for my wants… but too small. Yesterday I got to shoot a Springfield EMP 4 in 9mm. This one felt great for me. Though it had some feeding issues and a little web research suggesting that's common.

Anyone have suggestions or advice for the best EMP sized (specifically grip circumference) 9mm 1911?

Much appreciated
Red

Hi all. I don't have a lot of experience with 1911s. But I do find a full size too large. And I prefer 9mm. A few years ago I bought and quickly sold a Browning 1911-380. Great idea for my wants… but too small. Yesterday I got to shoot a Springfield EMP 4 in 9mm. This one felt great for me. Though it had some feeding issues and a little web research suggesting that's common.

Anyone have suggestions or advice for the best EMP sized (specifically grip circumference) 9mm 1911?

Much appreciated
Red
DW ECO.

Nope. I bought it used, I've probably only run 100 rounds through it, 124gr S&B. I'm really impressed with it so far. Yeah, it's really accurate too. I'm actually shocked how accurate it is. Caveat: I've only shot in the 7-10 yard range.

I like my p938 so much I gave my wife my micro 9 and got a Legion p938.
Small enough for the pocket or on the belt.

Screenshot 2023-05-07 at 3.49.54 PM.png

Standard Commander in 9mm. Alloy frame if that is an issue. Clones abound. Originals are scarce and usually expensive.

BBR 3.10 9mm ?

Tisas 1911 Carry B9 (R) with or without rail

Beretta 84 DA/SA in 380

Tisas Fatih 13 ^^^^ same only different

Girsan MC 1911 C

Just spit balling here because I have little interest.
You may have though.

Much appreciated
Red
Go with a commander sized(4.25") Springfield Ronin, they come with thin grips, reducing the grip circumference and making the pistol much more comfortable. Aluminum alloy frame, blued steel slide. Looks like this:

AEE0D611-9DD3-4A90-A0ED-50D1B18A27C1.jpeg

Go with a commander sized(4.25") Springfield Ronin, they come with thin grips, reducing the grip circumference and making the pistol much more comfortable. Aluminum alloy frame, blued steel slide. Looks like this:

View attachment 1452701
I wanted to love this gun , but a glaring design flaw came to light recently.

IMG953029.jpg IMG953028.jpg IMG953027.jpg

That cut in the slide holds on to a 9mm empty like a raccoon on a corndog.

This is a ronin emp

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show