JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Saw this and thought you 1911 fans might be interested. Maybe they have been around forever and I just never saw one I dunno.

Anyway, made in Phillipenes by

5E730D97-9938-46B1-AB79-B49C7BCEDD35.jpeg

Earlier in the year, I had a wacky plan for one. Now, nah. Pains me to admit it, but I have not plans for any new firearms or builds any time soon. But if someone gives this one a spin, let us know how it works out. :s0155:
I'd kind of like to have one of the luger carbines. But don't want to spend $20k. There is an outfit that does conversions from a regular luger for $8000. They can also convert into baby luger for $2500. Not worth it to me but pretty cool service.

Originals I think

0C85CB35-4013-4727-A603-F4267D59A330.png
Baby conversion
782A6D97-F549-49FB-B78D-F5A19CDD7A3B.png

I believe Sarco also offers a kit to carbine up your own 1911? I actually think theyre neat and seem like a fun range toy, but every time I have the opportunity to buy one of those kits I get cold feet. I think I need to read more reviews before buying but theres not many out there.

A carbine in .45 ACP would be neat...

Something along the lines of the Marlin Camp 45...but without all the issues that came with that model.
Two models could be made...one for Colt 1911 magazines...one for Glock magazines.

Wooden stock and a M1 Carbine style peep sight would be cool too.
( Later production...not the early "L" type of sight )

A pump action carbine would be cool as well...something based on the Remington 141.
I would think that would be too damned expensive however.
Andy

Last Edited:
Saw this and thought you 1911 fans might be interested. Maybe they have been around forever and I just never saw one I dunno.

Anyway, made in Phillipenes by

View attachment 1792784
Does it sink? Fingers crossed.

A carbine in .45 ACP would be neat...

Something along the lines of the Marlin Camp 45...but without all the issues that came with that model.
Two models could be made...one for Colt 1911 magazines...one for Glock magazines.

Wooden stock and a M1 Carbine style peep sight would cool too.
( Later production...not the early "L" type of sight )

A pump action carbine would be cool as well...something based on the Remington 141.
I would think that would be too damned expensive however.
Andy
I'd take another Camp 45 before that "1911" thingie...

Fugly.

Yah, the Marlin Camp-45 broke my heart. Light-handling, traditionally styled carbine with wood furniture, fed from standard 1911 magazines, and in .45 ACP; what's not to like? Sadly, the execution was no good. :(

That said; there is no reason why the concept couldn't be made to work. My better half recently acquired a carbine for herself in 9㎜ Parabellum that is pretty much that.

Yah, the Marlin Camp-45 broke my heart. Light-handling, traditionally styled carbine with wood furniture, fed from standard 1911 magazines, and in .45 ACP; what's not to like? Sadly, the execution was no good. :(

That said; there is no reason why the concept couldn't be made to work. My better half recently acquired a carbine for herself in 9㎜ Parabellum that is pretty much that.
Tommy gun seems like a lot more fun to me personally. Don't know what camp gun costs though. Tommy guns are about $1150 now.

I hear you. I was tempted by AO's SBR Thompson*. But after experiencing their M1 Carbine, wasn't going to take the plunge. :eek:

View attachment 1792984
Ah that's very good to know! I like the vertical foregrip kind but they cost a little more. I have no clue on manufacturers quality but price seems to be coming down compared to past years. The three manufacturers I see are Kahr arms, auto Ordnance, and THompson. I wonder if those are all the same gun from the same factory and re-labeled or if they are from separate factories? I have no faith in any drum pretty much so stick mag with vertical grip would be cool but quality has to be high or not worth messing with IMO.

Screenshot 2024-01-01 104724.png

The two things I didn't like about the Camp, it tossed empty cases a long ways and sorta out to the front/right of me. I lost more cases than I picked up.
The other was the buffer failed and caused the stock to crack. I ended up with a Choate folder on it. That shoulda been cool, but I quickly lost interest.

Choate 1.jpg Choate 2.jpg

Ah that's very good to know! I like the vertical foregrip kind but they cost a little more. I have no clue on manufacturers quality but price seems to be coming down compared to past years. The three manufacturers I see are Kahr arms, auto Ordnance, and THompson. I wonder if those are all the same gun from the same factory and re-labeled or if they are from separate factories? I have no faith in any drum pretty much so stick mag with vertical grip would be cool but quality has to be high or not worth messing with IMO.

View attachment 1792987
I believe Kahr owns Auto Ordinance. I hear them advertising on Arm American Radio and the AO thompson is mentioned.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top