JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The way I see it, all the guys who post on firearms forums, or survival forums are all on the same "side." I like to give forum members the benefit of doubt unless they prove otherwise to me. I like to think that those of use who prepare for bad times are more like a voice of reason amidst potential chaos. Why not make friends if the opportunity is there?

<De lurk>

Hey all. Pierce County, WA here. I am in agreement with many of you...I don't care if TEOTWAWKI is a combo zombie/hari krishna invasion, or as I have been dealing with for the last several months...unemployment...prepping is a way of life. It is in the name. It is preparing for the worst case, and having the mindset and stores to overcome catastrophe. Now I live by an AFB, and if a snuke lands on my head then my preps are for naught, but that wont preclude me from preparing...by educating my family, and doing what I can to be self sufficient. This unemployment has put a serious drain on my food stores, but the knowledge is forever.

<Re lurk>

Food/Water first - you gots to eat. I've heard some folks say they have enough weapons to take whatever they need, but I'd rather not go that way - that kind of thinking got us in this mess to start with. My priorities have been as follows:

1 - A place to hang your hat.
2 - Food/Water.
3 - Medical supplies.
4 - Tools.
5 - Lead.
6 - Silver.
7 - Gold.

Knowledge is free (for now). Keep studying.

A quick question for all the preppers out there. I am starting to find it hard to focus on one thing while buying supplies, I see deals and buy some food/stores here, ammo there and other misc items. So, the million dollar question....What area/items should I focus most on first?

I'd like to hear some your thoughts and Idea's on this topic.

sailorman2010

Idea! What do you think about folks meeting. There are two representing states here Oregon and Washington. If there was enough interest, a get acquainted group meeting could be organized to discuss private thoughts. I think that if people could share their locations with one another, names, phone numbers, only privately, perhaps an exchange of business cards, this informal network would or could come in handy if the need arose. Perhaps a meeting could be held in Northern and Southern Washington and Oregon. Or, a central meeting place in Washington and Oregon.

Many of us are members of rifle and pistol clubs which has a large network of members. However, despite that they would be a great source of a network, I doubt that they would want to take the exposure on an organizational meeting on prepardeness. Something to think about. I live in Portland and would be more than willing to meet with any folks during a week night or a weekend. tkdguy

I was able to meet with Alphapygmy Sunday before last and it was definitely productive. I'm looking forward to meeting again for breakfast or some target shooting. :s0155:

Have any of you guys meet in your respective areas yet? If so, how did it go?

Personally, i think this is a good idea and have no problem meeting more members.

Just my .02, Lefty.

I hadn't seen this thread before but I'm glad it's here. I share concerns about risks of exposing one's self but there's also risk in not having potential friends and allies when TSHTF.

Anyway, I'm definitely up for getting acquainted with some fellow west side folks. I'm in Portland, a stone's throw from Beaverton.

I'm also curious, is anyone here a member of CollapseNet (<broken link removed>) and/or familiar with Mike Ruppert's work?

1) What will I need if my home burns down? Records of bank accounts, credit cards, photocopies of drivers licenses and passports, and so on. Scanned copies on a USB drive or DVD and kept in a safe deposit box or a relative's safe may be sufficient.

Most people that are "experts" in the prepping field suggest that you do not keep important papers in a safety deposit box. If the SHTF big time, you may not be able to retrieve those papers because the banks are closed.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top