JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I work in a medical facility and I'm quite surprised at how many people broach the topic of prepping, survival, or even EMPs. It's like something you're not supposed to talk about, but if you get someone one-on-one in a little room, they talk.

South King County, Washington

This thread seemed like such a good idea, but in a month and a half it's only collected a dozen responses. I think it reflects how we're taught these days to NOT talk to strangers, NOT trust our neighbors, and isolate ourselves from community at every turn. What a shame.

easier for the government to keep us in our place, supplying them with a income source. If they keep us scared of each other then they win cause no crowd large enough to cause a possible threat to them will show it's self... That's why Janet "Hitler" Napoliatano listed Vet's (VFW Hall) and almost all social groups on her threat assessment alert that was email to all federal law-enforcement agencies.

I just came to the realization that when/if the bubblegum goes down my best option is to stay put. I've just begun to start prepping, but I have lots of previous knowledge. It's just time to brush up and start prepping, growing food, building a refuge in the basement.

I used to think the hills were the answer, but there are only so many hills, plus I'd have to get there, then what? Best option for me is here.

I like this thread.

Snohomish, WA :s0155:

Preparedness doesn't necessarily equal bugging out. Bugging out is your last choice. Bugging in should be the first course of action :thumb:

I continuously work on my bug out kit, and plan, as I live in an apartment complex... might not be the best place to be when crap goes down... but it's worth trying to make the best of things staying put first. Should I need to, I am sure I can get out of the area if I had to.

Kenno, I am curious about your reasons for NOT being willing to actually meet any of your neighbors? Care to elaborate? Seems obvious to me that in a very challenging time.... "going it alone".... is not a terribly feasible survival plan. Seems as though it would be much better if we get to know each other and can become mutually supportive.

Since you are omnisciently aware of my personal situation and have deduced that I am doomed to die without your intervention as a personal savior I suppose the only cogent defense I have is OPSEC. Something you seem desperate to personaly maintain while violating other's.

I'm in Columbia, Multnomah, and Wash Co. We've been somewhat uprooted due to wife's illness. Very open to discussion and meeting within this region. Very good idea.

I can't decide how I feel about OPSEC. On one hand, it's generally smart not to broadly advertise a number of things about yourself, home and possessions. Nothing specific to "prepping", but just common street smarts.

Just hypothetically, suppose I am a "bad guy" - whatever that might mean. I live in the general Seattle area, and learn from infiltrating a "meet up" of preppers that there are 4 dudes in Puyallup with a bunch of long term food stores, and tons of ammo in all my favorite calibers.

Am I most likely a thief? A government mole? Something else?

If I'm a thief, and I'm interested in your stores/arsenal, I have a lead. But do I really want to enter into a potential "Rambo" scenario just so I can make some coin?

If I'm the government (ours or foreign), and had reason to investigate you - it'd be pretty slim that you could hide all signs of "prepping". There might be a legit risk that after a meeting, now knowing your name, you might be added to some "list".

Hey fellas......I just arranged to have available 52 acres of westside forest in SW Washington for our use....

If there is enough interest of course....

We could spend a day or so practicing some bush craft and such..

There is even a garden that folks could learn from..

A river runs through it..

Wheeler44

ps. Howdy Smurf Hunter..

pss. I suppose that folks could come incognito..for OPSEC and all...

Since you are omnisciently aware of my personal situation and have deduced that I am doomed to die without your intervention as a personal savior I suppose the only cogent defense I have is OPSEC. Something you seem desperate to personaly maintain while violating other's.

Cyborg, there's your answer! Pitch-perfect, I'd say.

Originally Posted by kenno
"Since you are omnisciently aware of my personal situation and have deduced that I am doomed to die without your intervention as a personal savior I suppose the only cogent defense I have is OPSEC. Something you seem desperate to personaly maintain while violating other's."

Wow!

For the record I am not looking to violate anyones privacy and I am not sure why someone would suggest that.
I have never suggested I am anyones personal saviour.

I can understand people being concerned with maintaining their privacy which is why I would not suggest divulging too much personal info to any stranger regardless of how or where you meet them. That said... I personally do not know my neighbors well enough in my opinion. The more aware and prepared ones especially.

Smurf Hunter, I share your concerns about giving out too much information... my solution is to simply be particular about who I meet and who learns details about me. Getting to know people slowly and cautiously seems to be a good way to balance privacy concerns with a desire to expand your supportive social network.

Katonic, I very much agree with you that it would serve to benefit a tyrannic government if we were to remain apart and suspicious of each other. Not much point in all of us having guns and such if we are using them against each other and playing into the hands of a potential tyrant.

Lefty, I have done exactly what you suggested. Meet someone for lunch and a beer, get a feel for what kind of person they are and maybe with time... you could become friends and mutually supportive in some ways.

Good stuff Cyborg, hope your meeting went well. Some of us on the West side are trying to get something going. Should happen soon.

I can understand ones wish to remain anonymous and respect that. But from what i have gathered on this site the members come from all walks of life. Electricians, Doctors, Mechanics so on and so forth. In a SHTF situation, natural disaster or whatever comes at us things will be totally chaotic. We will all have a job to do and knowing who's who in our respective areas will hopefully reduce the stress. Who knows? Like i said if it doesn't work we just walk away. Just my $.02.

Lefty.

I cant beleive how scared people are to simply communicate with PM`S or meet for a beer and lunch. Cyborg and I met over a beer and lunch, exchanged some great ideas, both brought new links to supplies and resources to the meeting. Wasnt scary at all, learned some new things and made a new friend. We didnt exchange house plans or photos of loved ones and pics of our preps. Just simply exchanged info and had a good meal and some good drinks. No man is an island, we all can learn something new every day, even from people we just met. I for one will continue to meet fellow preppers and share info, for if any of us are to survive shtf, we wont do it alone. just my two cents. so here is my challenge go and meet a fellow prepper and see what you learn and can benefit from....................you never know what or who will help save your butt.:s0155:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top