JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Hello all!
I Joined today after meeting a guy from SGN and getting an item from him. He said there was "more" here than on SGN and not just talking area of influance. Nothing bad about SGN, I've done a lot of busineess with folks there and it is a good site, but this thread alone is worth "the price of the ticket"!
I'm in the DuPont/JBLM (Ft. Lewis) area and have been prepping for for 12-18 months - mostly since my son's return from Iraq.
I'd be interested in talking over coffee or lunch just to share ideas and to continue to learn. This is a good threat, I think I've read all the posts, and am probably one of the newest members.
Send me a PM, I'll answer as I can - I still have to "work" to feed the family and my toy habits...
The Ham :)

i wont say im ready because can any of us be fully prepared? However im prepping. Glad yall got a forum for this, no one will listen to me about getting prepared, even my friends, and they need to know if it goes down and they aint prepared they can join the rest of the community in mass hysteria and chaos

A quick question for all the preppers out there. I am starting to find it hard to focus on one thing while buying supplies, I see deals and buy some food/stores here, ammo there and other misc items. So, the million dollar question....What area/items should I focus most on first?

I'd like to hear some your thoughts and Idea's on this topic.

sailorman2010

In this order( my opinion )

1. Water and a way to make more drinkable.
2. Shelter (even away from home, IE. tent, bivy, and/or building supplies
3. Food & First aid ( storage first, then think about packable longer term stuff)
4. Clothing ( we only get a few months of "good" weather and in the situation you will more than likely loose allot of weight)
5. protection
6. A way to feed yourself long term. ( I have a years worth of food for my Family of 5. That will be what we live off of as we grow, gather , and can the next years)
7. Tools ( I have been teaching my self carpentry with out the use of power tools. A large draw knife and a axe would be damn nice if I had to build a cabin somewhere)
8. The rest are creature comforts and I would add them as necessary.

Just my 2cents

I like the idea but you guys have to be on high alert status. Unfortunately, you must be cognizant of moles and opportunistic criminals. Never meet at your home or exchange too much info until you are SURE of with whom you are dealing with.

Thanks for the heads-up! I'll keep this in mind! Now, back to tying my own shoes and feeding myself!

I live in Beaverton/Aloha and work in downtown Portland (got a get-home bag in my desk drawer), and have family in both Washington (Centralia and Longview) and Oregon (Portland, Molalla, Canby, and Oregon City). Also my pal Thebastidge in Vancouver, and backwoods friends in a few other small locales. My (adult) kids think my prepping is nuts, but it's wearing off on them nonetheless (which amuses me to no end).

I'm more than willing to meet up with like-minded souls, as my schedule allows (I work graveyard shift).

I'm in Steilacoom, WA (right next to Ft. Lewis), and I like being prepared. My Wife thinks I am paranoid, and I hope with all my heart sh is right and nothing bad ever happens. Unfortunatly, that is not the world we live in, so I prepare. Just getting started, and would like to meet over coffee to discuss ideas and meet like-minded, more-or-less sane preppers.
Chris

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top