JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
They actually do that to a degree.

From that link you sent, they need probable cause ….

These states fully allow what's known as "civil forfeiture": Police officers can seize someone's property without proving the person was guilty of a crime; they just need probable cause to believe the assets are being used as part of criminal activity, typically drug trafficking.

Historically, the Supreme Court has held that it is constitutionally permissible for legislatures to establish affirmative defenses to criminal charges and place the burden of proof with respect to these defenses on the defendant.Jan 17, 2020

Source:

And the rest of the sentence from that link you posted … the fact that the government needs to prove the elements of a criminal offense is well established, and it's been proven again and again in courts …

Historically, the Supreme Court has held that it is constitutionally permissible for legislatures to establish affirmative defenses to criminal charges and place the burden of proof with respect to these defenses on the defendant. See Leland v. Oregon, 343 U.S. 790 (1952) (insanity defense). Yet the Court has also clearly held that the Constitution requires that the government prove all elements of a criminal offense beyond a reasonable doubt. In re Winship, 397 U.S. 358 (1970).

It does. If you want to claim that you owned them before the ban then you can take the stand in your own defense. Hopefully the jury finds you testimony persuasive.
NO ONE is going to be in front of a jury over mags unless they were in a world of hurt over something else. As much as some may want to fantasize police going door to door grabbing mags and taking people co court not happening.

If there is a grandfather clause on standard capacity magazines, that will eventually go away unless we can start winning elections.
Right now though, the spate of school shootings has driven public opinion over to the political Left on the gun issue. Suburban white women used to be Republican voters, that changed. Also the high schools and junior colleges now have "active shooter drills", which are really about molding youth to vote against gun rights. Long gone are the days of high school shooting teams. These days the word "shooting" is a synonym for massacre by armed madmen rather than a term for sport.

Last Edited:
NO ONE is going to be in front of a jury over mags unless they were in a world of hurt over something else. As much as some may want to fantasize police going door to door grabbing mags and taking people co court not happening.
Most likely not for possession only, but possibly for importing and selling. I wouldn't be surprised to see prosecutors looking for a test case.

Most likely not for possession only, but possibly for importing and selling. I wouldn't be surprised to see prosecutors looking for a test case.
No doubt some moron will find a way to be a great example. They will either be mass making mags and or mass importing them and selling them to anyone who wants one. They will do this out in the open and yes they will be made an example of but, they will have to really work at getting in trouble. Of course as soon as they do they will scream victim. :confused:

First I heard that they wouldn't get enough signatures to get the IP on the ballot.

Then I heard the courts will shut it down because it dealt with multiple subjects

I heard that LEVO can't do what they do because it violates their non-profit status

After they got the sigs and made it on the ballot, I heard that it wouldn't get approved by voters.

Now that it passed I hear the courts are going to save us again.

Forgive me for not believing that nobody is going to be charged with a violation of Measure 114.

First I heard that they wouldn't get enough signatures to get the IP on the ballot.

Then I heard the courts will shut it down because it dealt with multiple subjects

I heard that LEVO can't do what they do because it violates their non-profit status

After they got the sigs and made it on the ballot, I heard that it wouldn't get approved by voters.

Forgive me for not believing that nobody is going to be charged with a violation of Measure 114.
:s0092: This is not anything new. After you have been around for a while the panic will subside. You have to remember this law, like all gun laws is not supposed to accomplish anything. Let me know when OR actually starts filling prisons with criminals. After that you may have something to fear.

:s0092: This is not anything new. After you have been around for a while the panic will subside. You have to remember this law, like all gun laws is not supposed to accomplish anything. Let me know when OR actually starts filling prisons with criminals. After that you may have something to fear.
Re prisons, the guy who was running for office was a sheriff's deputy that worked in prison admin I think it was. He said multnomah county prisons are all only 60-70% full at the highest peak. They simply don't prosecute anyone. Some crims have even openly bragged to the news media that they will just be released immediately again if they are caught, even after being arrested 6 times for the same crime.

Re prisons, the guy who was running for office was a sheriff's deputy that worked in prison admin I think it was. He said multnomah county prisons are all only 60-70% full at the highest peak. They simply don't prosecute anyone. Some crims have even openly bragged to the news media that they will just be released immediately again if they are caught, even after being arrested 6 times for the same crime.
They are doing the same thing up here. Voters kept asking for it, now they are paying HUGE for it. Stealing a car is no longer a crime here. So people who work get to pay for it. Keep wondering just how bad this will have to get till the morons who keep asking for it wake the hell up. 🤬

They are doing the same thing up here. Voters kept asking for it, now they are paying HUGE for it. Stealing a car is no longer a crime here. So people who work get to pay for it. Keep wondering just how bad this will have to get till the morons who keep asking for it wake the hell up. 🤬
In WA crims just run from the police now because they know there are restrictive laws that prevent police from chasing them. One guy even called 911 when police were chasing him telling the dispatcher the police must stop that it's illegal for them to chase him with the new law.

In WA crims just run from the police now because they know there are restrictive laws that prevent police from chasing them. One guy even called 911 when police were chasing him telling the dispatcher the police must stop that it's illegal for them to chase him with the new law.

Yep that's what I am talking about. People steal cars now and just take the tags off. If lights come on behind them they just step on the gas and Cops are told to wave to them. One Trooper was telling me the other night of running radar and having drivers blow past him and double posted flipping him off as they pass. So voters are getting what they asked for, now they get to enjoy paying for it. :s0092:

By the time my grandchildren are my age, police going door-to-door confiscating guns might be standard practice.

By the time my grandchildren are my age, police going door-to-door confiscating guns might be standard practice.

Now that is certainly going to happen if voters do not wake up. Every new law is put out with the idea of doing nothing. So they can come back with yet another. If voters allow it we will certainly end up like the UK before long. If it happens it will be gun owners who did it to themselves. :(

It's called, know your county. Depending where you live or shoot. Once on Salmonberry Rd, a police asked me to change the direction slightly where I was shooting. I don't recall the agency and another time at Browns Camp, years ago. A sheriff accused us of trashing a place where we had just arrived. In over a decade of shooting at the more popular spots near Washington County, I've only had two encounters with police.

The one thing that does concern me is, will blue counties deputize local do-gooders, to ticket or harass shooters? I got a parking ticket from such a group but luckily was thrown out, with prejudice by the judge. Writing a Beaverton ticket in Hillsboro. But, that shows the tenacity of some people with authority.

Alot of people are like ostriches, they like to keep their heads in the sand.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top