JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Now we have to challenge each part of this multi topic Ballot Measure. Magazine limits will probably be nullified in the next few months by the Ninth Circuit. The unfunded requirements for Purchase Permit will take more time to defeat. A publicly searchable database of all Firearms Permit holders violates the Fourth Ammendment. Any additional BS that is not challenged will remain the law.
If anything, Measure 114 should be dismissed on the fact that it violated the single subject rule of the Oregon initiative process. Shemia Fagan, the secretary of state, should have caught it and denied it. But since she is as anti gun as they come, it wound up on the ballot.
Another thing that chaps me is that if you go to the 'Lift Every Voice Oregon' website and look at the list of people who personally enforced this, about halfway down you will see none other than senator Jeff Merkley. The senator form Oregon who is all for taking away our rights.

"measure 114 passed, what's next?"

The companies that could have helped oppose it will come out the woodwork to offer us deals.

View attachment 1311865
I've actually been thinking about that same thing, how much money have companies that will be adversely affected by the passage of this measure actually put forward to stop it? From the last time I looked at the funding for the "for" and "against" campaigns, there was a huge gap in the funding, makes me think that not a whole lot of money was actually put forward to defeat it.
I am personally willing to participate in any legal campaigning, funding or activity to have this struck down. I am not declaring a loss on that one yet.

according to oregonlive and kgw, 114 passed .. google still says only 56 percent but im not setting my hopes high.

question: so what now? what will happen? what are the things we can do?

this measure doesnt have grandfather clause so meaning buying mags now wont matter as it will still be unlawful after December 7.

unfunded permitting process wont be available in a month, few months or even a year.. meaning, we wont be able to buy anything unless another measure opposing this comes out but that will 2024.
It does have a grandfather clause for mags. You can have them in your home, at the range and competition, but no where else. And you need to prove that you purchased them prior to the unknown date 114 actually is enforced. I am marking all of mine with engraved letters, lining them up as a group, and taking a picture of them, total lot and individually. iPhone tags a date and time to each picture, thus showing pre-114.

Just out of curiosity, how much money should a company in South Carolina put towards fighting this initiative in a state that represents 1.2% of their potential customer base?? The fact that they seem to be adjusting their shipping schedule to get as many mags into Oregon as possible and not price-gouging for the privilege is more than Oregon should expect. After all, the stupidity of the Oregon voters is hardly their fault.

Just out of curiosity, how much money should a company in South Carolina put towards fighting this initiative in a state that represents 1.2% of their potential customer base?? The fact that they seem to be adjusting their shipping schedule to get as many mags into Oregon as possible and not price-gouging for the privilege is more than Oregon should expect. After all, the stupidity of the Oregon voters is hardly their fault.
Simply because success with 114 will end up with similar states putting it forth and and making such nonsense spread to more states which will affect a lot more of their sales percentages...

Good question. I think sending out emails to their Oregon customers could have been helpful. That would not have cost a ton of money.

Simply because success with 114 will end up with similar states putting it forth and and making such nonsense spread to more states which will affect a lot more of their sales percentages...
I have heard 13 States or jurisdictions already have similar laws on the books. We are not the first and won't be the last.

Screenshot_20221115-203528.png

Screenshot_20221115-203535.png

Last Edited:
Washington state has new laws, including a ban on high-capacity magazines, a ban on openly carrying firearms in specified locations, as well as a ban on the manufacture, assembly, sale and purchase of untraceable or so-called "ghost" guns. Washington state has a 10 round magazine limit, AKA high capacity BAN.
Washington banned sales of semi-auto weapons to anyone that hasn't passed training (Washington 1639).
Total communism.

We do have a grandfather clause on magazine capacity's. So my 30, 50, 60, 90 round magazines and drums are still legal for me to own, but I can not buy more.
Also can't buy a twin to my Kel-Tec P-17, PMR30 or CP-33 because....where would I legally get a magazine?

It does have a grandfather clause for mags. You can have them in your home, at the range and competition, but no where else. And you need to prove that you purchased them prior to the unknown date 114 actually is enforced. I am marking all of mine with engraved letters, lining them up as a group, and taking a picture of them, total lot and individually. iPhone tags a date and time to each picture, thus showing pre-114.
"but no where else" = False

I know this has been addressed in other threads and maybe this one, but it might be helpful to note any organizations that are or will be filing injunctions, restraining orders or lawsuits against this measure so we could support them. I, for one, would like to know where to "put my money where my mouth is". That would be more helpful than hypothesizing what may or may not happen. Just my 2c.

I know this has been addressed in other threads and maybe this one, but it might be helpful to note any organizations that are or will be filing injunctions, restraining orders or lawsuits against this measure so we could support them. I, for one, would like to know where to "put my money where my mouth is". That would be more helpful than hypothesizing what may or may not happen. Just my 2c.
Me too. All we hear is rumors and I have contacted 2 groups that are rumored to be "in the lead" to see if they have an OR specific or m114 specific fund I can donate to. No helpful replies from either of them so far.

Imo we need:

1) A lead group to step forward and be recognized who is taking on these suits

2) some kind of interaction on their part on this forum even if at just a minimal level. I imagine a lot of interaction woudl be via pms.

3) and a specific OR or m114 fund that we can donate to

If, and that's a big if, gun owners would do this in mass? They could really hurt these morons. Wife and I long ago stopped setting foot in Seattle. If most shooters did this? The hit to the tax bast there would be devastating. If the mass of shooters in OR make a point to never buy anything in Potland they could cause real pain.
I'm in...boycott on!! The only thing I might use in Portland is the federally owned freeway passing through.

I'm in...boycott on!! The only thing I might use in Portland is the federally owned freeway passing through.
If EVERY gun owner did that it could really hurt them. Even gun owners who live there could make a point of doing their shopping out of the city limits. Sadly the same kind of people who will not bother to vote by mail are not going to drive out of the city either. :(
I LONG ago made it a point to drive out of the city when I shop to not give them my tax money.

Here's what you can do:

https://www.northwestfirearms.com/threads/i-dare-you-to-take-action-against-114.431995/#post-3429388

We need to be getting flyers in every gun store, pawn shop, feed store, auto parts store or anywhere else you can think of. I've attached a flyer that needs to be on the counter at every gun store. Call, email, visit. Do anything you can think of to get people riled up to DO SOMETHING. Don't sit around and cry about legality or taking pictures of your magazines. Get off your asses and get out there. Call the corporate stores like Sportsman's, Bi-Mart, Cascade, and Coastal and ask them to contribute to any organization they like that will be working on legal action.

During the run up to the election, there weren't that many people that actually did anything. Not a single member here attended the rally at the capitol or attended any of the weekly meetings. You can sit around and be a sad sack or you can be part of the solution. I don't care if you make up our own flyers, put out donation cans at stores, call everyone you know, or do something else to help. JUST DO SOMETHING.

I'm scheduled to speak at the rally at the capitol tomorrow as are others. Kevin Starrett of OFF is scheduled and Jeff Kropf from KSLM says he'll be there. If I ask for a show of hands from NWFA members will I be embarrassed? Rally starts at noon.

Fight114.jpg

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads