JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
How far we came:
1996 AWB, and the people didn't vote
And the people did not learn, and that was a trial run, a test.
Just a test of what you say? How tolerant gun owners would be if they leaned.
They did lean, and we well, some didn't vote.

Since then allot has passed in Oregon Washington and California.
And each one was a test. Senator Prozasnki as and example, is on record as opposing gun laws years ago.
And just wanted " common sense" This from a guy who owns firearm, and CC's each day.

What they would eventually pass. Would be pretty much in a span of 15 years, everything they said they would not.
But politicians do not go to jail for lying to us. They only go to jail when they get caught lying to each other.
But not us.
I know quite a few gun owners, more then I am comfortable knowing about that simply do not vote.
I know about 25 that didn't this last election. And no explaining, or pleading on my part mattered.

Is there a fix? I have my doubts. When we have a generation growing up, who think the nations Capital is California?
Can't change a tire, or balance a checkbook. But they can vote. And they can vote in those who have no required cognitive testing. And simply vote for whom they are told.

Prayers for us all.

fyi: THERE WERE SEVERAL ANTI 114 ADVOCATES THAT PHYSICALLY CAMPAIGNED AND FINANCIALLY CONTRIBUTED 1000S OF ANTI 114 FLIERS ON THIS BOARD AND ASKED FOR HELP AND FEW HELPED. JUST SAYING...

fyi: THERE WERE SEVERAL ANTI 114 ADVOCATES THAT PHYSICALLY CAMPAIGNED AND FINANCIALLY CONTRIBUTED 1000S OF ANTI 114 FLIERS ON THIS BOARD AND ASKED FOR HELP AND FEW HELPED. JUST SAYING...
I agree more folks are likely capable of doing much more, but also remember that there are members here that do more than their fair share too that don't necessarily feel the need to report their activities for accolades. Some prefer to act on their own as they have time and some prefer to organize and act within their "buddy groups" offline.... or within other non NWFA organized groups.

Let's not judge the entire NWFA community based solely on how many are openly lending assistance on another NWFA'ers activities.

Disrupting cohesion and engendering divisions within any group is one of the most effective tactics used against "opponents". Ask the liberals! They teach just that in their seminars. Disrupt, divide, shout louder, deny them a platform to communicate effectively.

I'll get off my soap box but our community seems flooded with "it's our own fault", "you/we aren't doing enough... that's the sole reason we lost", "If gun owners would even be bothered to go vote, we would win" etc, etc, posts on a daily basis.

Continuous shaming is a poor motivator and comments like these are simply doing the work of the liberals for them, IMHO.

Last Edited:
I agree more folks are likely capable of doing much more, but also remember that there are members here that do more than their fair share too that don't necessarily feel the need to report their activities for accolades. Some prefer to act on their own as they have time and some prefer to organize and act within their "buddy groups" offline.... or within other non NWFA organized groups.

Let's not judge the entire NWFA community based solely on how many are openly lending assistance on another NWFA'ers activities.

Disrupting cohesion and engendering divisions within any group is one of the most effective tactics used against "opponents". Ask the liberals! They teach just that in their seminars. Disrupt, divide, shout louder, deny them a platform to communicate effectively.

I'll get off my soap box but our community seems flooded with "it's our own fault", "you/we aren't doing enough... that's the sole reason we lost", "If gun owners would even be bothered to go vote, we would win" etc, etc, posts on a daily basis.

Continuous shaming is a poor motivator and comments like these are simply doing the work of the liberals for them, IMHO.
Preach brother!

Hmm I pretty sure they don't support rights of any kind or they would not support taking away Constitutional rights to attain and keep a firearm.
Our forefathers, must be turning over in their graves, all of them, fought and died. Only to see us head right back down the road they fought for us to avoid. Hitler would be proud of the Oregon Leaders.

Last Edited:
It does as long as it includes the same training requirements of the permit to purchase. Suicide awareness and current laws are the main ones.
If you take the online class provided by the Oregon Sheriff's association, it already includes the suicide requirements. They state in their material that they do not have a method to address the in person requirement portion of the permit.

I don't believe the administrative aspects of the permit are an issue any more. The state has made enough headway that they're proving they can have a system in place by next July. IMO, constitutionality of the permit to purchase and the mag ban are the only things that are to be determined.

"She [Immergut] said she'll consider whether large-capacity magazines constitute a dramatic technological change from earlier firearms capable of firing more than 10 rounds.""

Well duh... and... so what?? I guess she didn't get the memo that the 2 step interest balancing crapolla is no longer valid... and our 1A rights are limited to quill and paper, hu(?)

"Lawyers for the state who are defending Measure 114 will argue next week that large-capacity magazines aren't covered by the Second Amendment and aren't commonly used for self-defense."

...and we'll just ignore what "use" was determined to mean by the Supreme Court... and limit 2A rights to apply only to "self defense" vs. "lawful purposes". That'll work. 🤣

We can see where this is going.

Last Edited:
I don't believe the administrative aspects of the permit are an issue any more. The state has made enough headway that they're proving they can have a system in place by next July. IMO, constitutionality of the permit to purchase and the mag ban are the only things that are to be determined.
Sure. Since it's perfectly okay for them to ignore certain provisions.

Gotta love their "logic" that they only have to report the results of the feeb BGC. If that's "will not perform one for the state" then that's what will be recorded on your application. Provision Satisfied!

With a spreadsheet?
New FICS has been up an running for about a month now. Budgetary requirements for personnel have been determined, as well as cost of electronic fingerprinting hardware and software systems. I don't think it'll take much to qualify instructors, and the live fire portion isn't impossible to work out. Won't be efficient or quick, but the judge has already said that perceived future performance won't be a consideration in her decision, because the concept is not "ripe", meaning there is no damage at the present time. I just don't think that the administration of the permit portion will be an issue.

No, I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn last night, but I did watch Better Call Saul.

New FICS has been up an running for about a month now. Budgetary requirements for personnel have been determined, as well as cost of electronic fingerprinting hardware and software systems. I don't think it'll take much to qualify instructors, and the live fire portion isn't impossible to work out. Won't be efficient or quick, but the judge has already said that perceived future performance won't be a consideration in her decision, because the concept is not "ripe", meaning there is no damage at the present time. I just don't think that the administration of the permit portion will be an issue.

No, I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn last night, but I did watch Better Call Saul.
My wife just got her CHL last month through oregonchl.org through OSSA, and the training course/certificate of completion are in compliance with measure 114 permit to purchase. Looks like the framework for meeting the training aspect is covered. As far as hands on demonstration, I'm guessing that'll get scrapped. These jackholes just want paper. The desk jockeys are already there doing prints and bgc for CHL at County levels, they'll just hire and train a few more to work from Salem.

Last Edited:
Kinda like Oregon Health!!! 11 Million to "build" a system that failed, and then the vendor demanded more money to "Fix" it, and it still don't work!
The failed system costs us much more than that. $134 million, from one report. Just for the build, which never worked.

"...The state also had to hire more than 400 workers to aid in the manual enrollment process — that despite $134 million Oregon paid its main technology contractor Oracle Corp. to build the online exchange...."

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top