JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Great news except for my wallet is wallowing around in a puddle of it's own tears.
The wailing wallet…

CE5EA68C-01D3-4E13-91B9-A7190834CD4B.jpeg

This is good (and was the proper response), and it puts the burden on the plaintiffs arguing properly and - IF the judge rules to protect the 2nd - HOW they write their opinion based on the evidence will determine how ORSC might choose to allow to stand or not.

Seem another part of Measure 114 just bit the dust. FBI will not do anything pertaining to fingerprint-base background check.

Foreverlost,
I don't recall if that was one of the points the defendants were making in terms of low-impact to citizens, but if so? Whoops.

In the Federal cases, before Judge Immergut, a status conference today changed dates of things to come.
Minutes of Proceeding: Status Conference held on 2/9/2023 regarding the scheduled preliminary injunction hearing.
As stated on the record, the current deadlines in this case are VACATED. This Court ORDERS the parties to confer and submit a proposed case management schedule by 2/16/2023 which includes the deadline for filing motions to compel (which must be before the close of discovery), discovery deadlines for both fact and expert witnesses, the deadline to file trial memoranda (which must be at least three weeks before trial), and any other deadlines that the parties think would be useful in managing the case. The proposed case management schedule should also include dates for the pretrial conference and trial. Ordered on 2/9/2023 by Judge Karin J. Immergut.

Great news except for my wallet is wallowing around in a puddle of it's own tears.

Seems another part of Measure 114 just bit the dust. FBI will not do anything pertaining to fingerprint-base background check.

Foreverlost,
How will this change the way OSP conducts a background check for permit to purchase? Can this subject be brought up in Harney County case to further extend TRO?

The media grabs onto one part of the measure and uses it to promote outrage.
"..the measure would have permitted a background check to be completed before releasing a gun..'
I would have expected more from a station in Idaho.
Reading through the recent reactions to OSSC decision, LEVO of course posts misleading information. Feeding the sheep

Last Edited:
Not sure if misleading or full-on lie?

Intentionaly misleading(?). Not exactly a "lie", but certainly not entirely accurate and could only lead the uninitiated masses to believe a person can actually walk into a gun shop, buy a firearm off the shelf and walk right out with it... no paperwork or BGC of any kind required.

I think some of the news media is just really that ignorant and irresponsible... simply regurgitating what they are told in the press release issued to them by woke third parties with no fact checking of any kind... but the majority are fully aware and intentionally/willfully propogating misinformation.

Great deal of BS, posturing, misrepresentation and misdirection in this Lift Every Voice statement.

They seem to very self possessed and greasy.....just plain greasy.
I swear I saw something yesterday from the good Rev. No-Nutz where he claimed that the 'judge from Harney County' admitted that the measure would save 5 lives a year.
I wish I could remember where i saw that. I don't recall Radicchio ever making that claim, or even how it could be quantified.
It would be like someone claiming 'if we outlawed liquor there would be 5 less traffic deaths a year'

As stated on the record, the current deadlines in this case are VACATED. This Court ORDERS the parties to confer and submit a proposed case management schedule by 2/16/2023 which includes the deadline for filing motions to compel (which must be before the close of discovery), discovery deadlines for both fact and expert witnesses, the deadline to file trial memoranda (which must be at least three weeks before trial), and any other deadlines that the parties think would be useful in managing the case. The proposed case management schedule should also include dates for the pretrial conference and trial. Ordered on 2/9/2023 by Judge Karin J. Immergut.

I'm not understanding the judges' order. It sounds like she wants all parties to confer and come up with a case management schedule. If so, that pits about 20 lawyers, with competing agendas and responsibilities against each other, and forces tham to come to an agreement about the schedule. Is that even possible or legal?

I'm not understanding the judges' order. It sounds like she wants all parties to confer and come up with a case management schedule. If so, that pits about 20 lawyers, with competing agendas and responsibilities against each other, and forces tham to come to an agreement about the schedule. Is that even possible or legal?
Replying to my own post to update information. From the plaintiffs viewpoint, they are all getting together and submitting their case management schedule. The main takeaway is that they are skipping the preliminary injunction and going straight to trial on the merits. Maybe in June.

I know I read the thing about June somewhere but for the life of me , can't remember where. The last 24 hrs or so have been unbelievably busy.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top