JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So, with this new bubblegum coming down the pipe being delayed until at least September 24 2024? Soooo many on NWFA going to buy all these guns, yeah? Why don't ya'll put half that money into the court battle instead? Might do more good there than in safes stuffed with guns? Ya' think?
If every Oregon gun owner contributed just $50 to the fight, the coffers would swell quickly enough…

After Sept 2024, if, and when Oregon Court of Appeals decide and write out Olympic level mental gymnastics on how Raschio's wrong, how Bruen doesn't apply, and how Oregon's Constitution doesn't equate to the 2A.... say good bye to real gun shows and gun shops?
If we were smart we would say hello to large scale implementation of private ranges for safe shooters. That would create pretty much a peer to peer network of gun enthusiasts who are MORE able to enjoy the hobby than they could before m114.

The TV and random garbage shooters would be out of the picture (as well as the tweakers who collect their brass and piss at those sites) but for shooters that have respect for safety it could grow even bigger. Especially if we had more kids going and learning to shoot, getting exposed to different kinds of guns and different kinds of shooting.

Fe this place is more formal now but it started as low key shooting place.

Remember, the 9th circuit court of appeals will be hearing Duncan v Bonta on March 18th in San Francisco. This is the California magazine ban case that was sent back from SCOTUS to the 9th, where Benitez, once again, ruled it unconstitutional.

Looking at the calendar, there are 30 minutes per side allocated for oral arguments. Schedule

The 4th will be hearing oral arguments on the Bianchi v Brown case on March 20th. This one is the Maryland AWB appeal. A federal judge had ruled it unconstitutional.

Any official confirmation of the Sept schedule for M114 appeals case? Seems strange nobody is reporting on it.

The Court of Appeals calendar only displays their scheduled cases out 6 weeks so you won't find it there.

There were plenty of headlines about every other aspect of this law and trial. I find it strange it is not being mentioned anywhere but in a post here?
That was during its campaign and then after it passed and created all the chaos and appeals.

Now they lost, they are essentially in the position gun rights have been for years... trying to undo a law. To undo a law, you dont want anyone showing up for the hearings in opposition to undoing a law.

That was during its campaign and then after it passed and created all the chaos and appeals.

Now they lost, they are essentially in the position gun rights have been for years... trying to undo a law. To undo a law, you dont want anyone showing up for the hearings in opposition to undoing a law.
This is an appeal case. What is the official source indicating a Sept date for case to be heard?

Trust but verify might come in handy here. Still waiting for some type of verification.
Totally agree with verifying.
But I don't have any other source or cant find any. I am pretty confident an appeal is in the works though so it has to arrive at some point. Sept "sounds" reasonable, I don't see why it would be delayed till 2025...

Here's where I heard it in this thread. Sounds like Yarome has an inside contact....
In other news.... From our attorney... as of last night:

"[the appeal]....officially scheduled for September 18-22. There is a lot of work to be done between then and now.

The best news to come out of today [03/03/2024] is that the Defendants do not want a Preliminary Injunction hearing on the Permit to Purchase aspect of Measure 114. This means that ALL of Measure 114 will remain blocked until at least the conclusion of our trial."

Here's where I heard it in this thread. Sounds like Yarome has an inside contact....
@Yarome IS the contact. He knows so much about the goobermint they are sending dis guy to protect him
1710104921819.png

Sounds like Yarome has an inside contact....
My "inside contact" is our attorney, Tony Aiello. I have full faith he knows better than any what's going on in his case.

There was a meeting on the 3rd and among others they were discussing dispositive motions. That was the main outcomes. Setting the hearing date and the State declining a hearing on their stay pending appeal petition.

It's very telling of the leftist media in OR, but not at all surprising it seems they have all chosen not to report on the states backpedaling.

I think Tony is doing an outstanding job, but I will say... he's probably not the best "publicist". It would be nice to see a formal release out of their offices to media outlets that may be inclined to actually publish it. Neither "here nor there" in the grand scheme of the case proceedings, but I'm sure we're not the only ones interested in the current standings.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top