JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
forgive me if i missed it,
but what about 3D personal made firearm
that do not have a plate that you can add a serial #?

"IF" 114 gets passed
114 didnt outlaw those.
Those were outlawed under a different bill SB2005 that did pass and anyone who has one has until this Sept to get it serialized from an FFL.
There is no grandfather clause, after Sept is a crime to posses an unserialized gun.

... after Sept is a crime to posses an unserialized gun.
I didn't know there were any cerealized guns left, I mean with all the wokism and all.

60872701-9B0C-45C1-A061-D0047AFC91C6.jpeg
0D645256-16AF-424F-A6F8-311E6C76FE10.jpeg

forgive me if i missed it,
but what about 3D personal made firearm
that do not have a plate that you can add a serial #?

"IF" 114 gets passed
M114 doesn't have anything to do with serialization, however, a 3D printed... you really only have 1 option. To meet the regulations it must have a metal plate affixed such that it is not removeable. That would mean reprinting with a recess to accept and affix a metal plate.

Manufacturers/importers can apply for an exception "alternate means of identification", but I don't believe it applied to a PMF by an individual. I don't really know about that, though.

"The director may authorize other means of identification upon receipt of a letter application from you, submitted in duplicate, showing that such other identification is reasonable and will not hinder the effective administration of this part."

I know there are places selling SS plates pretty cheaply specific for that purpose. I believe the dimensions are a 1/16" thick by 1" x 1/4" plate to accommodate a full serial.

Re John brown rifle club, the inrangetv guy on YouTube Karl Kasarda is/was a member. He also supports antifa, and has stated he is a minister in a satanic temple and is happy to be contributing to the extinction of the white race.
Jesus, that sent me down a rabbit hole. Thanks for the heads-up....I unsubscribed from IRTV, and I'm giving Forgotten Weapons a second look too.

There's few things on this earth I hate more than Communists and ANTIFA.

Jesus, that sent me down a rabbit hole. Thanks for the heads-up....I unsubscribed from IRTV, and I'm giving Forgotten Weapons a second look too.

There's few things on this earth I hate more than Communists and ANTIFA.
I believe Ian (Forgotten Weapons) severed ties with Karl (In Range) about the time all this came out. I have no idea what the details of that are though. Other than the past association with Karl I have not heard anything that would impinge the reputation of Forgotten Weapons and a few people I know have personally met him and had nothing but good things to say. I am unaware of any public statements on the topic by either side (If you know of some please link).

The sad part is that InRange still does produce fantastic content. It is factual, balanced and accurate, covers a myriad of topics of interest and has remained consistently high quality from the start. There are a number of series that are still the benchmark for testing and evaluation in the private space, including the now infamously good Mud Test which holds no bars in slaughtering sacred cows. Karl has good screen chemistry and really does know his stuff (about guns). His politics where never on display, that I can remember, which may be why it flew under the radar for so long.

But yeah, what we have learned of his politics is really bad. Not exactly criminal from what I can tell (I have no evidence to indicate how closely he supports ANTIFA, for example, other than he seems to generally support their cause), but pretty antithetical to the beliefs of most people on the 2A end of the political spectrum. The fact that he has also expressed self-loathing racism is just icing on the bubblegum cake. It really makes it quite difficult to support the otherwise great content. Maybe watch all his stuff with ad-block fully enabled? The channel still does not accept direct sponsors, so the only funding they have is from direct donations and platform ads. (I wonder if the lack of sponsors is less to do with "running an independent channel" and more to do with wanting to keep another avenue of discussion closed on the whole scandal. If he had sponsors people could pressure those about the association and give the issue more coverage with his existing supporter base)

It really does make you wonder how many other prominent personalities have. . . peculiar personal beliefs. You would think most people in the 2A space would track pretty hard to one side given the state of politics now, but a good number of them simply do not discuss anything related to that in any public setting.

Re John brown rifle club, the inrangetv guy on YouTube Karl Kasarda is/was a member. He also supports antifa, and has stated he is a minister in a satanic temple and is happy to be contributing to the extinction of the white race.
So bizarre I had to do some Internet searches. Damn.

I believe Ian (Forgotten Weapons) severed ties with Karl (In Range) about the time all this came out. I have no idea what the details of that are though. Other than the past association with Karl I have not heard anything that would impinge the reputation of Forgotten Weapons and a few people I know have personally met him and had nothing but good things to say. I am unaware of any public statements on the topic by either side (If you know of some please link).
As I recall, neither has gone to great lengths to explain their side of the story as to why they broke ties. Karl's Twitter (or maybe it was Instagram?) had some strange bickery posts about how Ian didn't give him enough credit for coming up with the InRange mud test (as if no one thought of putting guns in mud before). There's obviously more to it than that.

As I recall, neither has gone to great lengths to explain their side of the story as to why they broke ties. Karl's Twitter (or maybe it was Instagram?) had some strange bickery posts about how Ian didn't give him enough credit for coming up with the InRange mud test (as if no one thought of putting guns in mud before). There's obviously more to it than that.
Maybe Ian didn't want to lose his millions of viewers (and income) by being associated with an ultra left wing radical? My guess is it's more of a conflict of values. But just a guess

So, with this new bubblegum coming down the pipe being delayed until at least September 24 2024? Soooo many on NWFA going to buy all these guns, yeah? Why don't ya'll put half that money into the court battle instead? Might do more good there than in safes stuffed with guns? Ya' think?

So, with this new bubblegum coming down the pipe being delayed until at least September 24 2024? Soooo many on NWFA going to buy all these guns, yeah? Why don't ya'll put half that money into the court battle instead? Might do more good there than in safes stuffed with guns? Ya' think?
Doesn't have to be an either/or proposition, though.

After Sept 2024, if, and when Oregon Court of Appeals decide and write out Olympic level mental gymnastics on how Raschio's wrong, how Bruen doesn't apply, and how Oregon's Constitution doesn't equate to the 2A.... say good bye to real gun shows and gun shops?

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top