JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I understand this is a particularly nasty strain of measles... Brought in by a vacationer or visitor, spreading like wildfire.

Not to derail the thread, but this is another argument for controlled immigration. My wife and our oldest went through a battery of vaccinations to come to the States. All immigrants should be subject to the same treatment. Visitors as well...

I thought we beat this stuff 40 or 50 years ago. Remember getting drilled when I was in grade school...
Most people lack the ability to discern . That is why we have these problems of understanding why we have these problems. If you are immunized and the immunization works there is nothing to worry about.No?

I identified as a woman to get in to the drag races.....
.....o_O

drag-racing-meme.jpg

You'll never convince the stupid people. They did their research on the internet, meaning they read ignorant stuff they agree with.

Sounds like a lot of people with Facebook Phd's sponsored my the Jenny McCarthy institute for retro health.

Yep. It seems now, modern parents have every right to allow their kids to have the measles and a whole list of other infections. But then, keep them away from me.:mad:

The government can't tell them what to do. But then the kids have no choice. I doubt they'd choose to have the chicken pox.:confused:

Covered this already (see post #22).... Zero deaths, actually there were 8 IIRC, is a sign that a vaccination program is working. 108 is the cost to prevent worldwide deaths on a scale not seen since the vaccinations started.

Science is not on the side of the anti-vaxxers!!!

Conflating gun laws vs worldwide vaccination policy is disingenuous at best and spin at it's worst. There is no science behind gun policy, despite $$ thrown at the CDC for bogus studies that the anti-gun people want ginned up again. One cannot make science out of psychosocial trends of violence, statistical nonsense not withstanding. However, we do know about germs, what kills them, and how to prevent a lot of infections, reduce the severity of infection, and protect vulnerable populations.

Last Edited:
My letter to Sen.s Mark Hass and Shemia Fagan:

"Aeryn is my 8 year old daughter. She has autism. She has an IEP. No, her autism wasn't caused by vaccines, as far as we know. What we do know, and by "we" I mean her doctors, her school, and her parents, is that each and every time she gets a vaccination her condition and her behavior deteriorate for a period of days, weeks, or months. So far, she has recovered eventually from all of these episodes. Her doctors can't guarantee that she always will. We visibly and demonstrably injure my daughter every time we vaccinate her.

Autism is a disease of the nervous system. Measles attacks the nervous system. So does the measles vaccine. So the effect of an MMR shot on my daughter's autism symptoms makes sense. So far, we have been able to opt out of, or delay her MMR and other vaccinations so that they are at least spaced out and done at times when her chances of recovery are optimal, and her subsequent deterioration in behavior does not affect her schooling. We have done so by using a religious exemption to which we are entitled. We have used a religious exemption because the word of her doctor, and our word as her parents are not enough for the Oregon Health Authority to grant her a medical exemption. Now HB3063, if passed, will take away that religious exemption.

Why? What do we hope to accomplish by taking away the right of parents and doctors to do what they believe is best for those in their care? If people are afraid of the measles then they should get their kids vaccinated and not worry about what I do for my daughter. Those with compromised immune systems are no less at risk from things people can't be vaccinated for, like the common cold, than they are from measles or other childhood diseases.

My question for those who want to force me to inject my child with substances I know will injure her, possibly permanently, is how many times, and how often do I have to purposely injure my child in order for you to feel comfortable about your own choices with your children, or so that you won't be inconvenienced? How many chances do I have to take with her future? How many times do I have to sacrifice my daughter's well being to make you feel good?

And we, her parents are not knuckle-dragging, uneducated religious fanatics. We both have 4 year degrees and we are Quakers. We have done the research, and we have come to educated, informed positions. We are not "anti-vaxxers". We are conscientious parents unwilling to let the government run our daughter through the meat grinder of one-size-fits-all medicine. Forced injections are something that happens in totalitarian nations, not America.

Alrighty, don't want your children vaccinated?

Please, stay home.

Me, my child, my Grandchildren were all vaccinated and we're all healthy and undiseased.

Get a horrible (fill in the blank) disease because you know best as vac's are bad, mkay, - fine, no problem, and when you get diseased, don't call for help, just quietly die....

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top