JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I went thru 2 typhoons while in the Navy. They were windy, loud and rainy. The absolute worst weather I ever saw was in those deep low pressure storms in the gulf of Alaska.

Little known entry to the Journals of Lewis and Clark....
10 Dec. 1805...
"Hey Clark...."
"Yes , Lewis..."
"Its still raining....:eek: :D"
Andy
I remember a teacher reading us part of a pioneer journal when I was in Junior High. The party had made it to the end of the Oregon Trail at Kelly Field in Oregon City and the men were inspecting their possessions. They opened the casks of nails only to find them rusted and unusable. The next line was "the women sat down in the mud and cried".

Just in time for my truck to take a dump and be in the shop for the next few weeks, leaving me with the motorcycle for transportation.

If you're in the area, please try to not run me over. Thanks.
I feel for you. I rode through two winters, fortunately in a warm state. I can remember sitting under overpasses a few times waiting for the worst of it to pass. And hydroplaning once. Only once. :) When my boots started leaking I lined them with bread bags. Feels really weird but it works. Good thing I was young then.

I asked who's singing.
They said Yoko
I said Ono
If you want to call that caterwauling "singing"...

Always cracks me up when people cry about drought only to b!tch about landslides and floods when the rain comes. Guess what people, we are all little fly chit specs in the big scheme of things, deal with it.

I feel for you. I rode through two winters, fortunately in a warm state. I can remember sitting under overpasses a few times waiting for the worst of it to pass. And hydroplaning once. Only once. :) When my boots started leaking I lined them with bread bags. Feels really weird but it works. Good thing I was young then.
Yeah, been there, done that too. I got caught in a random snowfall a couple times in Flagstaff.

I'm not going to complain TOO much. Back then I didn't have much for riding gear outside a jacket, gloves and helmet. Now I have some good gore-tex pants, gloves & jacket, real waterproof riding boots and a bike with 85 less HP and with traction control, ABS, heated grips and a sense of my own mortality. I'm bubbleffin spoiled now!

People paid attention in AZ for bikes, not so much out here. So if y'all could try not to kill me, that would be great.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top