JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Or just cook yer dang food :rolleyes:. I can understand outbreaks from leafy greens but who is eating onions like apples? Where's Shrek?

I suspect a C. O. N......spiracy. Here are the affected states as of today:

To date, this outbreak has been associated with 652 illness, 129 hospitalizations and no deaths spanning the following states: AL, AR, CA, CO, CT, FL, GA, IA, IL, IN, KS, KY, LA, MA, MD, MI, MN, MO, MS, NC, ND, NE, NJ, NM, NY, OH, OK, OR, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, WI, WV.

I guess they are taxed too high to be sold in Washington.

i·ro·ny1 | ˈīrənē | noun (plural ironies)
A situation which arises when a certain population takes all necessary precautions against a primary threat, such as a pandemic, only to fall prey to another, more common but unnoticed threat.
ORIGIN early 16th century (also denoting Socratic irony): via Latin from Greek eirōneia 'simulated ignorance', from eirōn 'dissembler'.

Or just cook yer dang food :rolleyes:. I can understand outbreaks from leafy greens but who is eating onions like apples? Where's Shrek?
salads, on burgers, pico de gallo are just some of the common raw onion uses I can think of.

However, some salt on a walla-walla, crunch down like an apple, I may have to try that the next time I see the web dev folks come poking around my desk again.

I suspect a C. O. N......spiracy. Here are the affected states as of today:

To date, this outbreak has been associated with 652 illness, 129 hospitalizations and no deaths spanning the following states: AL, AR, CA, CO, CT, FL, GA, IA, IL, IN, KS, KY, LA, MA, MD, MI, MN, MO, MS, NC, ND, NE, NJ, NM, NY, OH, OK, OR, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, WI, WV.

I guess they are taxed too high to be sold in Washington.
No Montana, Idaho, or Washington. Interesting.

:eek: New CDC recommendation;
"If you have consumed tainted onions and get the farts, you must wear N95 underpants and self-isolate for the foreseeable future to prevent the spread of Samonella-19 to flatten the flatulence. Proof of being onion-free must be presented before entering elevators, buses, theaters and other enclosed public spaces. Onion eaters that go "commando" will be fired"

Last Edited:
Bulb onions are peeled before use. My guess is the outside of these onions is contaminated and then contaminates hands, knife, and cutting board, and contamination spreads from there to inside of onions chopped and used raw in salsa, salads, relish on burgers and hotdogs, etc. I doubt inside of onions is contaminated until its spread from outside. Salmonella is a bacterium that is often in the intestines of animals, not the insides of plants. Plants such as salad greens get contaminated because wild or domestic birds/animals can poop on/in the fields. Or their poop can contaminate water used for irrigation, cleaning, or processing. Or manure might be used on fields without composting, and too close to harvest date of vegetables.

"Thorough" cooking kills Salmonella bacteria. I suspect that this means that using onions in a stir fry might not be enough cooking. Dropping into a soup during the last few minutes of cooking might not be enough cooking either. The CDC is saying discard any onions from the the distributors they specify distributing contaminated onions from Mexico. I think I'll just stick with locally grown or at least US grown onions this year. These are red, yellow, and white storage onions, so they could be around for months. And the problem might affect lots more Mexican farms and distributors than the CDC knows about yet.

Per the recall, none were sold in Washington State. I checked with Winco, as I had just purchased some earlier the day the recall was announced. None were sold by Winco stores in Washington. Winco (where immune compromised me just bought some) stores in California, Nevada, Arizona, Texas and Oklahoma did sell them and ask that any purchased be returned.

CNN Breaking News
10/22/2021 by Margaret Thermister

CDC, WHO & FDA recommends drinking a $h!tload of Brawndo everyday along with 6-11 servings of Flaturin until the onion epidemic is contained. Time frame to flatten the curve estimated at 14 days to eternity depending on the compliance/non-compliance factor.

70E169CF-B734-4051-9FBD-99043CEC078C.png

3408E715-712A-4ED0-8C6F-EA2594581377.png

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews