JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Just in time for my truck to take a dump and be in the shop for the next few weeks, leaving me with the motorcycle for transportation.

If you're in the area, please try to not run me over. Thanks.
I'm gonna go have to read some of your previous controversial posts to see if I'll honor that request.

j/k - good luck, Oregon drivers are like Washington drivers: stupid when it comes to bikes.

"Back in the day." I started out with goggles and that bloody rain hurts. NSU 500cc Single. Batt, Gen Ign. It would jump time and try to kick the heel off of your boot. Hurt so bad you wanted to cry.:( Jack Motorcycle.jpg

Yeah, been there, done that too. I got caught in a random snowfall a couple times in Flagstaff.

I'm not going to complain TOO much. Back then I didn't have much for riding gear outside a jacket, gloves and helmet. Now I have some good gore-tex pants, gloves & jacket, real waterproof riding boots and a bike with 85 less HP and with traction control, ABS, heated grips and a sense of my own mortality. I'm bubbleffin spoiled now!

People paid attention in AZ for bikes, not so much out here. So if y'all could try not to kill me, that would be great.

"Back in the day." I started out with goggles and that bloody rain hurts. NSU 500cc Single. Batt, Gen Ign. It would jump time and try to kick the heel off of your boot. Hurt so bad you wanted to cry.:(View attachment 1054823
LOL, all the stuff I wear now to ride quads in the rain probably costs more than my first two bikes did. And it's not even gortex.

I went thru 2 typhoons while in the Navy. They were windy, loud and rainy. The absolute worst weather I ever saw was in those deep low pressure storms in the gulf of Alaska.
In 1959 I slept through a typhoon while living in Karuizawa, Japan. Woke up to find the rest of the family bleary-eyed from being up all night, trees uprooted, and damaged houses in every direction. Did not sleep through the second typhoon while stationed south of Da Nang, RVN. Sand filled barrel walls topped by a corrugated metal roof held down by rows of sandbags linked together with wire kept everything from blowing away.

Note the media: "Bomb cyclone" and "targets" like it is impending doom. I guess "Storm brings parched region much needed rainfall" doesn't get as many clicks.
I went on weather.gov and the forecast for my area is just a lot of rain and a short period of heavy wind. As long as things don't get too swirly I think we'll be OK. We might lose power for a little bit. Genny is gassed up and in place. Firewood laid in. Got batteries, food and a few projects that don't require internet. I even have gas for the grill.

I've looked at the models. "Bomb Cyclone" is absolute hyperbole. The term was obviously applied by someone not from the PNW.

It looks like a typical fall storm. The center will mostly remain off shore, and we'll get lashed with the tail. It might get a little windier along the coast(Gale force).

At least for Western Oregon -- Around 3" over a 72 hr. period; with the heaviest rain on both Mon./Tues. (roughly an inch per day).

B.C. and N. California are forecasted to get the brunt of the precipitation.
Thank you, I run a small municipal wastewater facility and we have lagoons that I cannot let breech. I've kept them at safe levels so far and don't want to lose ground on them.

Thank you, I run a small municipal wastewater facility and we have lagoons that I cannot let breech. I've kept them at safe levels so far and don't want to lose ground on them.
Yeah, it ought to be a steady sustained rain with a few heavier intermittent showers, but anything under .10 inch per hour is still pretty tame IYAM. Anybody who has lived in the PNW for more than a few decades likely has memories of what real rain is, and how it once was. These days, we mostly get glorified drizzle all winter.

FWIW, October has tended to be one of the wetter months of late.

Yeah, it ought to be a steady sustained rain with a few heavier intermittent showers, but anything under .10 inch per hour is still pretty tame IYAM. Anybody who has lived in the PNW for more than a few decades likely has memories of what real rain is, and how it once was. These days, we mostly get glorified drizzle all winter.

FWIW, October has tended to be one of the wetter months of late.
Very true, I've lived here all of my 41 years but this is my first season of being a plant operator and responsible for it. Glad I drew them down a month ago.

So far, the weather has been pretty tame in these parts. We got some rain last night, but today is pretty nice out. Still going to continue monitoring the weather though. Hope everyone is safe and warm. :)

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top