JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I don't see it taking a year before paying customers bail. Time to go long on Peet's.

Unfortunately there are only four locations in Washington State. I have been to the Redmond, WA Peet's several times over the years. I remember Larry's Market and they had Peet's coffee stand inside the market so I went there quite a beat before Larry's Market went out of business.

Unfortunately there are only four locations in Washington State. I have been to the Redmond, WA Peet's several times over the years. I remember Larry's Market and they had Peet's coffee stand inside the market so I went there quite a beat before Larry's Market went out of business.

I was thinking Peet's stock. Everywhere else I have gone on travel seems like Peet's is the Starbucks alternative. I don't do designer coffee myself except when stuck in an airport and need caffeine.

As of yesterday when Starbucks closed every store for " training" and they say they will let anyone use there restroom .
So now all Starbucks bathroom just became the homeless bubblegum house and make shift shower .
They get what they deserve .
See what happens in a year when people don't go to Starbucks any more
I think you are looking at this all wrong. If you know someone that has a Bible study group have four of them show up in a Starsucks, pull up a table and begin a session. Just don't initiate any conversation with an employee or other customer. Also have a fifth friend sit off to the side ready to record any problem. You could also go in with a group of guys/gals with some maps, stretch them out on a table and talk about best hunting spots. This would be especially effective if everyone had about a cup of broccoli (for propellant) some hard boiled eggs and sauerkraut (for bouquet) about an hour before you go in. Or, the old stand-by, get a can of horse $#!/ simulator (they do sell this) go in the head, wait until no one is inside and spray a healthy dose around. I say beat them at their own game.

There is an old concept in law called "Contributing to the delinquency of a minor". In a sense, this law is already on the books. Personally, I am against the government telling me what to do about anything... however, if I am stupid enough to leave my sidearm out for my idiot nephew to shoot his rival home boys... and I knew there was a reasonable chance of this happening then I am most certainly partially guilty by "Contributing to the delinquency of a minor". My firearms are ALWAYS under my control, in the safe, or at my side, or just under my supervision. Anything less is just disrespectful IMHO. If my idiot nephew torches open the safe or finds the secret compartment in the bookshelf then I will be absolutely fine from a legal standpoint because I used reasonable measures to secure my firearms while I was away. My own kids, I don't have to worry about yet the firearms are still always under my control.

Paying a hefty fine after gross negligence seems like a reasonable punishment.

Last Edited:
What's wrong with securely storing firearms?

Nothing. The problem is stupid laws.
There are no children in our home, so locking the house should be considered secured (nothing immediately visible, but available).

See what happens in a year when people don't go to Starbucks any more.
It will still be full of bums, junkies, panhandlers, and reeking derelicts. As far as Peet's, they are gun-unfriendly with carry banned at every location so F-bomb them too.

What's wrong with securely storing firearms?

The Santa Fe shooter's dad thought it was hunky dory leaving firearms and ammunition in a closet.

I'm for secure storage. It's a good idea...criminals break in and steal things all the time, and if something can be done to curb one crime leading to other violent crimes, that's sound.

Buuuuttt…here's just two of the rubs...

A. There's probably millions of guns in millions of closets, or on walls, or in cabinets...all across this country, and have been for probably 100+ years...you suddenly don't make all those law abiding owners criminals for the unlawful actions of others. And you certainly make them go from robbery victims to criminals. 'Inside your lawful domicile' should constitute being 'safely secured' unless the doors are left wide open while you're gone with a big flashing sign over the front door saying 'UNSECURED GUNS INSIDE...ALARM IS TURNED OFF AND WE WON"T BE BACK FOR 5 HOURS. HELP YOURSELF!" Its not like you're leaving them locked and loaded laying in the front yard.

The exigent circumstances is younger children who aren't old enough to understand and/or perhaps people with some form of chronic, professionally diagnosed and validated, severe mental/behavior problems under your roof. If 'grandpa' has dementia/Alzheimer's and doesn't understand the difference between a banana and the telephone, you'd be remiss leaving a loaded firearm...or your car keys, power tools, sharp knives or really anything dangerous laying accessible. In those cases, it behooves you to take appropriate/extra precautions as the 'responsible' individual that understands situation.

Look, I think we can agree, for the most part, as decent responsible human beings, spouses, parents, guardians, members of the community (ie. not just gun owners), we don't want criminals stealing our guns and we don't want accidental or negligent discharges harming people, most especially children. But legislative over-reach that infringes on your rights and privacy is not the best solution. Make no mistake...this is would appear to be just another incremental step in outlawing private firearms ownership under the 'guise' of safety. After this will come more...and the only way to avoid them is to keep them off the books, because that's much better than trying to get them off the books.

Seattleites need to get it in gear and vote accordingly.

My $.02 worth, YMMV.
BOSS

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews