JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If the very foundation of an entire party is built on lies, subterfuge, misinformation, misdirection, emotional manipulation, et al., everything coming from it will be a bastardized version of a already fictional outcome.

These people name bills, acts, and organizations based on this criteria. We'll call it the "Don't Kick Puppies, Inc." method; obviously you must hate puppies if you don't agree with them.

During covid it was "Don't you care about Grandma!?" if you weren't dumb enough to get an experimental shot for the flu. When it comes to gun control, it is little kids in schools being shot. And yet they refuse to put priper security in place and acknowledge the soft target issue. An fact specifically mentioned in more than one manifesto when it came to target location selection.

When I went to the Philippines they have armed security at the mall entrances and they check your bags. It was one of the nicest malls I've ever been in.

Last edited by a moderator:
If the very foundation of an entire party is built on lies, subterfuge, misinformation, misdirection, emotional manipulation, et al., everything coming from it will be a bastardized version of a already fictional outcome.

These people name bills, acts, and organizations based on this criteria. We'll call it the "Don't Kick Puppies, Inc." method; obviously you must hate puppies if you don't agree with them.
Both parties are highly guilty of this, so what have you really proved?

I'm sure you were around in your little corner of AIM chat rooms stating the same things when the R's passed the Patriot Act, no? Or when censorship bills were all the rage in the R party?

Acting like 1 of 2 parties has your back and the other does not, in the USA, in 2023, is asinine.

Acting like any member of *this* forum is not for gun rights is asinine.

We're fighting an uphill battle for rights against a uni-party with two faces, in a system not designed for our modern society/population, against a culture that is increasingly anti-gun.

There are many fronts to this war. Just because you want to entrench yourself on the Little Bighorn doesn't make you right nor anyone else wrong.

Speaking only for myself here....

I am tired of being subjugated by laws , bans , restrictions and the like.
I do not break laws or harm others with my firearms.
Yet...
I am required to follow and or obey laws , bans , restrictions that are supposedly made to keep us safe and or affect criminals.
We already have over 20, 000 gun laws in the US...yet we still have criminal use of firearms.
I am not a criminal.....why am I punished because of someone else's misdeeds...?

To those that are for gun control....
If gun laws , bans , restrictions actually worked....Why do we have over 20,000 of them..?
What would yet another one do that the others do not...?

If you want the same results...keep on doing the same damn thing.
If you want different results....do something different.

This above applies to both those who truly want safety...and to those who are opposed to people who simply want to keep on taking away guns and or keep tossing forth laws , restrictions and the like.
Andy

Last Edited:
Speaking only for myself here....

I am tired of being subjugated by laws , bans , restrictions and the like.
I do not break laws or harm others with my firearms.
Yet...
I am required to follow and or obey laws , bans , restrictions that are supposedly made to keep us safe and or affect criminals.
We already have over 20, 000 gun laws in the US...yet we still have criminal use of firearms.
I am not a criminal.....why am I punished because of someone else's misdeeds...?

If gun laws , bans , restrictions actually worked....Why do we have over 20,000 of them..?

If you want the same results...keep on doing the same damn thing.
If you want different results....do something different.

This above applies to both those who truly want safety...and to those who are opposed to people who simply want to keep on taking away guns and or keep tossing laws , restrictions and the like.
Andy
Very well put... Only thing I can add is the threat to our Constitutional Right under the Bill of Rights, 2nd Amendment. Okay, perhaps all our rights.... but without the 2nd we don't have any.....

I'm not anti anything. I'm the owner of a new SBR. Quit trying to shut me up with your false accusations.
I'm not anti anything. I'm the owner of a new SBR. Quit trying to shut me up with your false accusations.

And when the jack-booted thugs come for your SBR do you hand it over willingly or do you stand your ground?

Both parties are highly guilty of this, so what have you really proved?

I'm sure you were around in your little corner of AIM chat rooms stating the same things when the R's passed the Patriot Act, no? Or when censorship bills were all the rage in the R party?

Acting like 1 of 2 parties has your back and the other does not, in the USA, in 2023, is asinine.

Acting like any member of *this* forum is not for gun rights is asinine.

We're fighting an uphill battle for rights against a uni-party with two faces, in a system not designed for our modern society/population, against a culture that is increasingly anti-gun.

There are many fronts to this war. Just because you want to entrench yourself on the Little Bighorn doesn't make you right nor anyone else wrong.
You are inferring those points, in the same way some democrat would falsely infer that I am against black people if I am against BLM, which would be false. I never said that the R's "have my back", what I am saying is that one side in particular is bats**t crazy and full of more false information than seems possible. Pick a subject, almost any subject, and you will find crazy after you flip that democrat rock over. This in no way means that I think the R's are all perfect, honest, forthright, etc. Take JFK, for instance; we all know what happened there.

I already knew someone would mention the Patriot Act. Exceptions do not make the rule. And it is worth pointing out that if. 9/11 had happened during the Clinton era, the same bill would have been created. It was a response drawn up and voted on less than 60 days after the event which inspired its creation. It passed the senate 96-1, and the house 357-66. It is asinine for you to bring it up without first considering those details. It wasn't really a republican response so much as it was a surveillance agency response, and they convinced the government to take action.

Likewise, I'm not assuming anyone here on this forum is for, or against, anything. I just think some of the arguments here are really weak. Like the one you just put forth.

Given that this is a gun enthusiast forum and who is likely to read your message, I have only observed two types that are for gun control:
Those that favor not letting certain classes of people have guns: Criminals, the insane, non-citizens, etc.
And those who worked to pass licenced concealed carry.

The discussion about using gun control legislation to secure the most important concessions for gun owners is not favoring gun control, but acknowledging reality and using it to our advantage. This meets stern resistance by those who believe that if they hope real hard, the sun might stop shining. But gun control has been with us for a long time and no combination of elected representatives or judicial appointments is going to make it go away.

It's okay I don't like kids who read good either.

Maybe you can ask him from now on to post only bumper stickerish slogans in line with your thinking, rather than raising fair points in a dsicussion among adults.

Again, this kind of thin tribalism is why we keep losing.
Voting in progressive democrats is why we keep losing.

I have only observed two types that are for gun control:
Those that favor not letting certain classes of people have guns: Criminals, the insane, non-citizens, etc.
And those who worked to pass licenced concealed carry.
I have observed and experienced more than two types.

The four most common types that I have come into contact with are :

The uniformed , non gun folks , who actually believe that laws , bans , restrictions and the like are an answer or the answer to problems of safety , crime and violence.

The uniformed , non gun people , who think they know about guns....yet are vastly and often willfully ignorant about firearms...
Yet want to tell me what to do with my firearms , as well as other people's firearms....

I also have met many other people who don't want anyone to be able to own any firearms for any reason.

And lastly I have met , interacted with and just walked away from many a gun owner...
Who owns a gun or perhaps some guns...but ...is oddly in favor of firearm bans , restrictions and the like.

Of the above...
The first type is the most approachable and the mostly likely one to see the folly of firearm bans , restrictions and the like...
They may even come around to understanding that most gun owners are not like the commonly seen stereotype.
I have seen this happen more than once...this takes time and patience.

The other three are a lost cause...and a waste of time to try for any positive interaction with them
I am polite to a point...but I won't waste my time or energy on them
Andy

Last Edited:
I have observed and experienced more than two types.

The four most common types that I have come into contact with are :

The uniformed , non gun folks , who actually believe that laws , bans , restrictions and the like are an answer or the answer to problems of safety , crime and violence.

The uniformed , non gun people , who think they know about guns....yet are vastly and often willfully ignorant about firearms...
Yet want to tell me what to do with my firearms , as well as other people's firearms....

I also have met many other people who don't want anyone to be able to own any firearms for any reason.

And lastly I have met , interacted with and just walked away from many a gun owner...
Who owns a gun or perhaps some guns...but ...is oddly in favor of firearm bans , restrictions and the like.

Of the above...
The first type is the most approachable and the mostly likely one to see the folly of firearm bans , restrictions and the like...
They may even come around to understanding that most gun owners are not like the commonly seen stereotype.
I have seen this happen more than once...this takes time and patience.

The other three are a lost cause...and a waste of time to try for any positive interaction with them
I am polite to a point...but I won't waste my time or energy on them
Andy
I'm sorry, my comments were about members of this forum, not the public at large.

Probably. But how do those loons keep getting elected?
American people are lazy, complacent, stupid and desire to be lead and told what to do. People live in fear of standing alone or the repercussions of what will happen if they stand against the woke mob.

Times have been too easy. Men are weak, spineless and bend a knee to the loudest voice.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top