JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well, Durkan is a Democrat, correct?

Seems to be that parties desire to criminalize otherwise law abiding citizens... Whether it's guns, or immigration, or....
She replace the child molester she's done and if things keep going the way they are now .
The whole city council is done .
SEATTLE IS A ZOMBIE WASTE LAND OF DOPE HEADS AND HOMELESS PEOPLE THAT JUST WANT FREE STUFF AND DRUGS

I drive a truck for McDonald's you all know that .
The store at 3rd and pine I have been there many times but in the last few years they have a cop there off duty security .he has the key to the restroom.
And in the last month there has been two Shootings and a stabing out side and last week a guy was attacked with a axe .
LOL YEAH SEATTLE IS GREAT BRING YOUR FAMILY DOWN TOWN SEE THE REAL WORLD

Sounds like Portland...
Welcome to the libral north west lol unlike Portland . SEATTLE has cruise ships come into town and unload people on the streets .
MMMMMM where they are going to be Robbed and possibly Assult and maybe killed .
But nobody wants to hear what they say .
Lol people that had been here before CAN'T BELIEVE HOW SEATTLE HAS CHANGED

The fallacy here is the same fault inherent in most of these "common sense" laws: that just one more law will solve the problem of an out-of-control segment of society which glorifies and worships violence.

It won't.

There are already a pile of laws that are broken when someone takes another person's weapon and uses it to commit criminal homicide, assault or robbery AND NONE OF THOSE LAWS MADE ANY DIFFERENCE. That's how you get these fools in front of a Judge the next day. The laws already on the books did not work.

So let's say this new proposal is placed into law and it works with 100% compliance. What's gonna happen then? If public safety is the goal, how about banning jars of gasoline and axes and cars?

How about, for that matter, concentrating on the thing that kills 1,300 Americans every DAY? Tobacco.

My point here is that this is actually political grandstanding about an issue that pales in comparison to deaths caused by smoking or motor vehicle collisions. This gun thing is where the easy money is. Pass a law, move some air, and n-o-t-h-I-n-g happens. Why? Because it's the wrong answer to the wrong question.

The right question, and the root of the problem is this: why do some people want to take up weapons or cars or hands and feet to harm other innocent people?

There is where the focus should be, but that's the hard question, the real challenge most politicians don't have the guts to answer, including the right honorable mayor, apparently.

No the PROBLEMS here is there are no laws if you're a homeless drug addict .
You can park your van motor home or just pitch your tent on the sidewalk if you want .
As long as you are dependent on the libral Government they will let you do what you want .BUT JUST REMEMBER TO VOTE FOR THEM because if you don't you might get a government that will tell you to pack your $#!+ And leave .they can park the motor home anywhere $#!+ In the street do drugs assault people Rob people .
But if I park my car . somewhere for 10min it gets towed and I have to pay 450 BUCKs to get it back .
Can we please get this REVOLUTION going soon .
Please please please

No the PROBLEMS here is there are no laws if you're a homeless drug addict .
You can park your van motor home or just pitch your tent on the sidewalk if you want .
As long as you are dependent on the libral Government they will let you do what you want .BUT JUST REMEMBER TO VOTE FOR THEM because if you don't you might get a government that will tell you to pack your $#!+ And leave .they can park the motor home anywhere $#!+ In the street do drugs assault people Rob people .
But if I park my car . somewhere for 10min it gets towed and I have to pay 450 BUCKs to get it back .
Can we please get this REVOLUTION going soon .
Please please please
Portland is almost identical with the drugs, homeless camping, motorhomes and far left liberal wackos - Sanctuary City. I grew up in Kitsap County (across Puget Sound from Seattle) and spent a lot of time in Seattle in the 70's. Seattle was fun then. Now I avoid Seattle and Portland like the plague.

"... rendered as unusable to any person other than the owner or authorized user..."

What does this entail? Disassembly? Another lock?
They do know that locks can be cut, right? Not everybody has a place or the money for a safe. Locked storage... sure. But that only serves to keep out honest people, does nothing to stop a theif.

Last Edited:
Cute deflection, but people do obey traffic signs and signals all across the country.
Like many (not all) cases, people comply with traffic laws out of self preservation, first. Then if there's a cop around.

Most people have no desire to perform illegal acts. Not due to fear of government. Granting more access to government into your home is never a good idea. Like the vampire rule. They can't come in unless you invite them (As in a new law. Not talking about door kickers).

I absolutely believe the kid's dad bares some of the responsibility for the crime committed by his child using his firearms.

You don't?

I believe the child's father bears the responsibility for whatever poor parenting lead to this tragedy, but it has absolutely nothing to do with access to firearms.

The problem is poor parenting, period.

How many dinnertime conversations were missed, where the parents could have noticed something was amiss? How many Parent/Teacher conferences were just blindly suffered through, rather than really discussing how the child was doing? How many one-on-one conversations with the child were missed or avoided, because the parent was too busy? How many difficult questions went unasked, because it was too awkward?

Again, firearms are not the problem.

Growing up in the country, I had a neighbor that always had firearms readily accessible. Gun rack on the wall, rifle leaning by the front door, rifles leaning on the couch, revolver on the kitchen table...

Many of us neighborhood children were exposed to these firearms from a young age, yet somehow we never shot anyone, or committed any mass murders.

It was common to have to move the rifles off of the couch to find a place to sit down, or have to scoot the revolver over so you had room to eat breakfast at the kitchen table, yet somehow we all survived. Handguns and rifles accompanied us on all of our camping trips, yet no one died. If it is illegal to allow a teenager unsupervised access to a firearm (which it is not), then I would imagine that most all of our parents should be felons...

We even had the usual childhood fights on occasion, yet nobody ever ran inside to grab a gun. This is multiple families' worth of children coming and going over the years, firearms openly present the entire time, and yet there were no major atrocities committed. Every child in the neighborhood grew up around firearms, understood what they were for and what they did, and treated them with the appropriate respect they deserved.

As for strangers, or children's friends that the parents didn't know, they were not allowed in the house unsupervised. End of story. Those of us that grew up together had free rein of the place, with never a problem.

Do you make a habit of letting your children bring strangers into the house unsupervised, even if all of your firearms are locked up? Do you let your children bring people of questionable character into your home?

If I can't trust my childrens' friends to act responsibly, I don't want them in the house at all.

More importantly, is your child (not you, specifically) the one of questionable character? That is the real question that needs to be addressed before any progress can be made in reducing these tragedies. First, people need to be aware enough to notice there is a problem, and more importantly, they need to be willing to accept that there is a problem, and react accordingly.

How many times have we all heard "But he was such a nice boy" or "He would never hurt anybody", even though the truth was the exact opposite? Nobody wants to admit or accept the fact that their child is the problem.

So, please tell me again how children having access to firearms is the problem, rather than lack of proper parenting.

One good analogy has already been made, regarding holding a vehicle's owner responsible for anything that happened after the vehicle was stolen.

Imagine getting a bunch of tickets in the mail, and being held responsible for them, even though your vehicle was stolen and not under your control at the time. Imagine trying to defend yourself, and being told you should have been more responsible and secured your vehicle properly.

Parked on the street instead of a garage? That's your fault, and you should be held responsible...

Parked in a garage, but vehicle was still capable of being driven once the garage was broken into? Your fault, you should have disabled the vehicle by removing the battery and wheels when the vehicle was not in use.

Now imagine that someone is killed by your stolen vehicle. Should you be held reaponsible for vehicular manslaughter for parking on the street instead of in a garage? Should you go to prison for failing to properly disable your vehicle and render it "safe"?

Don't like the car analogy? Let's try another one...

Imagine your credit card is stolen. Should you be held financially liable? Worse yet, imagine your identity is stolen. Should you be legally held responsible for anything done using your social security number?

When are we going to start holding the criminals responsible for their own actions, rather than trying to punish everyone else for the crime?

She just came out today and said they are expanding there HOMELESS drug addict going to give away more money and little free houses to the dope heads .
Lol oh yeah WE ARE PAYING FOR IT

She just came out today and said they are expanding there HOMELESS drug addict going to give away more money and little free houses to the dope heads .
Lol oh yeah WE ARE PAYING FOR IT

Why doesn't she just use eminent domain to confiscate all the Starbucks in Seattle and just give them free food and coffee there, since you know all the homeless will soon be living in them anyway?

As of yesterday when Starbucks closed every store for " training" and they say they will let anyone use there restroom .
So now all Starbucks bathroom just became the homeless bubblegum house and make shift shower .
They get what they deserve .
See what happens in a year when people don't go to Starbucks any more

As of yesterday when Starbucks closed every store for " training" and they say they will let anyone use there restroom .
So now all Starbucks bathroom just became the homeless bubblegum house and make shift shower .
They get what they deserve .
See what happens in a year when people don't go to Starbucks any more

I don't see it taking a year before paying customers bail. Time to go long on Peet's.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top