JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
To date, I haven't seen it come right out and be said in the newspaper. But a Seattle Times article republished in The Daily Herald (Everett, WA) dated Feb. 21, 2024 brings it to light.

State Rep. Liz Berry, D-Seattle, is one of the sponsors of multiple proposed new anti gun bills. Here is a quote from what she said:

"What we really need is a 50-state solution. The more states pass and socialize and educate about these commonplace gun safety measures, the more pressure is put on the federal level."

The article text quoted Berry as saying, "...the ongoing efforts in states like Washington are a stand in and a marker for what should be nationwide action."

There you have it. Because Warshington state is a soft target for anti-gun legislation, we are getting hammered as an would-be example to the rest of the country. Wash. is being used at the tip of a political spear.

The article also mentioned a vocal anti-gun supporter whose daughter was killed at the Parkland, Florida mass shooting. Who has since moved to Washington. Wait a minute, who does that??? Except maybe somebody who was paid money by anti-gun proponents to come here and spout off for their cause.

When I pointed out the same thing about Oregon and the ties to Giffords, Ceasefire, MDA, and Bloomberg, people laughed at me. There is a concerted effort to enact gun control across America, and Oregon and Washington are both test cases. It seems, at this point, that they are laughing and saying, watch this, as they try another outrageous restriction on our God given rights to self defense.

I would expect the next "urgent" restriction will be against PMFs of any sort, or any parts or modifications to firearms because of fear of the millions of undocumented invaders that the current regime has exported across our borders.

The threat is real and it's not going away.

The same article stated that Dem. pols are only going after the lowest hanging fruit this session, such as the FFL dealer safety measures bill. Next session, they plan to roll out the big guns (pardon the pun) for stricter measures, like licensing of gun owners. A bill for that was introduced this session; any such may be carried over in future sessions indefinitely and repeatedly.

In Warshington state, the legislative sessions are biennially divided into long and short. This year, it was the short 60 day session. So big moves usually aren't attempted in these. Odd-numbered ("budget") years are longer, 105 days. In which they have 45 extra days to cook up more trouble. I used to think that it was a blessing that Wash. had a part-time legislature; it limited the amount of time they could cause trouble. Unlike Dem. dominated states which have a full-time legislature, which can work all year long making trouble for gun owning citizens. But that no longer seems to limit what can be done in Wash., with a lot of help from the state AG.

Out of the 3 west coast states, only Oregon and Washington have provisions in their state constitution about the right to keep and bear arms, and WA is much more specific than OR, but they are both more specific than the 2A:

Oregon: The people shall have the right to bear arms for the defence of themselves, and the State, but the Military shall be kept in strict subordination to the civil power[.] Art. I, § 27 (enacted 1857, art. I, § 28).

[Self-defense right protected, State v. Hirsch, 114 P.3d 1104, 1110 (Ore. 2005).]

Washington: The right of the individual citizen to bear arms in defense of himself, or the state, shall not be impaired, but nothing in this section shall be construed as authorizing individuals or corporations to organize, maintain or employ an armed body of men. Art. I, § 24 (enacted 1889).

[Self-defense right explicitly protected.]

Most of the gun laws in these states don't even pass the state constitution level. 100% the influence of extraterritorial interests, almost all post Jim Brady/Gabby Giffords. If they were born there, they would know better.

In politics they call this a stalking horse. They test controversial ideas on a smaller stage using relative unknowns, before moving on to a bigger stage where the major actors can come forward.

I would argue Measure 110 was a similar program in Oregon.

This, among health reasons is why I'm leaving, No amount of talking, opposition or pleading to the masses will stop these bubble Gummers from doing what they want to do restrict our rights.

All citizens that GAS knows what must be done to circumvent these West Coast tyrants.

Last Edited:
FWIW, the U.S. House Judiciary Committee has the power to investigate any sitting federal judge for violating their oath of office or gross misuse of their authority, then referring them to SCOTUS for disciplinary action. Highly recommend we start a concerted letter writing campaign and get our amenable state and federal senators and reps to join us.

What I always find sadly ironic is that Washington is one state that doesn't really suffer the so-called "gun violence" that so many other states see.

When you note that Seattle (70 homicides in 2023, and that was a big increase) has roughly the population of Washington DC (274 homicides in 2023), more than Detroit (252 in 2023), Atlanta (171 in 2022), New Orleans (193 in 2023) and a few cities with far more homicides annually.

It's extremely clear that our legislature is working on its anti-gun agenda as it's the easiest legislation it can get passed given the make-up of our elected officials and the locations of our major Democrat voting base. It's simply a hot-button issue that provides easy sound-bites for our politicians to spout while providing the illusion that they actually care about anything...

Clearly, the state house has abandoned all efforts to come up with any constructive attempts to fix our public highways, combat the fentanyl crisis, lower the ever-increasing crime rate, reform prison sentencing, provide more access to mental health treatment, attend to the homeless situation, fund our public education system, keep businesses and corporations from fleeing the state, create an effective public transit system statewide (Washington is worse than many third world countries in this regard), lower housing costs for middle and lower class citizens, even clean up the roadside trash that so despoils the natural beauty of this state.

Having actually spoken in person to some of state legislators, I'm amazed so many of them even got elected. The collective priorities of our elected officials, from the school boards, city councils, county commission, Attorney General, Governor, state house and senate, are so skewed that we should probably be ecstatic that we don't have a border problem like our Southern states do, because it would be a debacle of epic proportions.

This, among health reasons is why I'm leaving, No amount of talking, opposition ORV pleading to the masses will stop these bubble Gummers from doing what they want to do restrict our rights.

All citizens that GAS knows what must be done to circumvent these West Coast tyrants.
Where are you going to go? I've got some great fishing friends here, but here probably will not meet your health requirements. You often cross my mind while I am harassing the finned wildlife.

What I always find sadly ironic is that Washington is one state that doesn't really suffer the so-called "gun violence" that so many other states see.

When you note that Seattle (70 homicides in 2023, and that was a big increase) has roughly the population of Washington DC (274 homicides in 2023), more than Detroit (252 in 2023), Atlanta (171 in 2022), New Orleans (193 in 2023) and a few cities with far more homicides annually.
And they use this reality as their selling point to more gun restriction. See? It's working! SMDH...

Local news poll yesterday in Seattle.

93% of residents believe juvenile violence is a crisis in the area.

For all their unfettered infringement, the real problem is humans.
They're not passing enough laws to keep guns out of the hands of kids! [sarc]
Growing up in Detroit in the '70's, there were several years that the Motor City was the Murder Capital, with DC and Chitcago very close behind -- we're talking almost 700 murders per year or more in Detroit alone.

Not all models are attractive
1708655545355.png

Highly recommend we start a concerted letter writing campaign and get our amenable state and federal senators and reps to join us.
I know we have 3 house/senate reps (16th District) that support the 2A & I know how they've voted on issues besides the 2A. But they'll tell you they're pissing in the wind when the west side has so damn many anti-2A's and a few other anti's on this side (east) of the mountains.

It's a simple fact those west side pieces of dog manure don't have a CLUE how the east side of this state operates. What I do wish for is wherein the east side of the state stops deliveries of ANYTHING/EVERYTHING to the west side and see how long they hold up! I'm all in on splitting this state in half.

Dan

Out of the 3 west coast states, only Oregon and Washington have provisions in their state constitution about the right to keep and bear arms, and WA is much more specific than OR, but they are both more specific than the 2A:

Oregon: The people shall have the right to bear arms for the defence of themselves, and the State, but the Military shall be kept in strict subordination to the civil power[.] Art. I, § 27 (enacted 1857, art. I, § 28).

[Self-defense right protected, State v. Hirsch, 114 P.3d 1104, 1110 (Ore. 2005).]

Washington: The right of the individual citizen to bear arms in defense of himself, or the state, shall not be impaired, but nothing in this section shall be construed as authorizing individuals or corporations to organize, maintain or employ an armed body of men. Art. I, § 24 (enacted 1889).

[Self-defense right explicitly protected.]

Most of the gun laws in these states don't even pass the state constitution level. 100% the influence of extraterritorial interests, almost all post Jim Brady/Gabby Giffords. If they were born there, they would know better.
As far back as the 1940's, Washington's Supreme Court ruled that Washington's state constitution only blocked gun control laws which were "unreasonable." That has made the state provision effectively worthless.

Liz Berry isn't the pioneer of anything. Every single gun law she's introduced or sponsored in WA has been a plagiarism of CA laws.

She must do a lot of Yoga to pat herself on the back with both arms.
Here & a few others never met an anti gun bill they didn't like!
F... her.

Dan

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews