JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
airgunlaws.com doesn't list anything against discharging an airgun specifically inside Portland, but possession in public is listed several places. They might have missed something.
I. Firearm: a pistol, revolver, gun, rifle, or other mechanism, including a miniature weapon, which projects a missile or shot by force of gunpowder or any other explosive, by spring or by compressed air.

I. Firearm: a pistol, revolver, gun, rifle, or other mechanism, including a miniature weapon, which projects a missile or shot by force of gunpowder or any other explosive, by spring or by compressed air.

Looks like they missed that one. My city has no ordinances at all, apparently.

I also note with interest that railguns seem to be exempt.

Ducks aren't pets.

They are an entree…

:eek:
Lol. There are some that may disagree with you. I on the other hand really enjoy how they taste. I've also spent a decent amount of time in Japan so who knows I may enjoy how dog tastes as well.....

9600A40A-FB95-4E16-AC7F-5E430FFA8BA4.jpeg

The issue is that the city/law doesn't view discharging a gun to protect a pet as lawful, now had the owner tried to intervene and the dog aggressed against the owner the owner might have had more lawful use of shooting the dog in defense of himself, especially an unleashed dog.

The issue is that the city/law doesn't view discharging a gun to protect a pet as lawful, now had the owner tried to intervene and the dog aggressed against the owner the owner might have had more lawful use of shooting the dog in defense of himself, especially an unleashed dog.
Lawful or not, it was a stupid thing to do. Most dogs, especially suburban dogs, don't have a clue what a gunshot sound means to them.

Terminal velocity of a tumbling projectile, as for instance produced by shooting straight up, isn't particularly high. Most people don't have the sense to shoot straight up or down.

This is why we can't have nice things.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top