JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I don't own a duck. I do however own a dog who is practically my best friend (I love him more then the majority of humans). If my dog was being attacked I wouldn't be shooting into the air I'd be creating a canoe out of the attacking dogs face.

I don't own a duck. I do however own a dog who is practically my best friend (I love him more then the majority of humans). If my dog was being attacked I wouldn't be shooting into the air I'd be creating a canoe out of the attacking dogs face.

Agreed. Maybe people should stop getting angry at mother nature. I mean, a dog is certainly going to want to chase a duck.

Ducks are food. Dogs aren't. At least not here in the good 'ol USA.

Actually, in many areas, it is legal to shoot a dog to defend your pets or livestock
Yes, I understand this, living in a semi-rural area outside of city limits, and knowing of a few instances of it happening in the area over the years however the difference being I KNOW the laws for my area - such as those regarding firearm discharge.

Judging by the appearance of the area and the fact he was arrested (and in CA) I'll take a guess and say it wasn't legal in his area.

Yes, I understand this, living in a semi-rural area outside of city limits, and knowing of a few instances of it happening in the area over the years however the difference being I KNOW the laws for my area - such as those regarding firearm discharge.

Judging by the appearance of the area and the fact he was arrested (and in CA) I'll take a guess and say it wasn't legal in his area.
I'd probably go to jail but my reaction would be the same whether I was walking down a street in Portland or out on the farm. Maybe I would choose an edged weapon instead of a gun in the city but I would still defend my friend (my dog). I'd just like to avoid getting but if at all possible.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads