JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My wife has been attacked twice by the same dog while on her walks. She carries but didn't think of pulling on the dog. We took owners to court twice. The third time would have seen the Rottie that attacked my wife and Bichon destroyed. Too bad. I'm sure it was a nice dog to it's family, but let run free it was territorial and dog aggressive. The first time they swore the dog was just trying to play.... had my dog pinned down by her neck and squealing. Then they yelled at us outside the courtroom. It was funny when they asked us if we were from Calif, saying that here all dogs run free..... NOT!!! Fortunately they moved prior to any more incidents.
The one constant with dog owners like that is just like the far left and rules. Others are supposed to follow them, not them. If you had a dog running loose that caused them problems they would NOT be all supportive. What they were really saying is they want zero responsibility in life. Everyone else is supposed to just deal with whatever mess they make.
I have found a good walking stick makes an amazing good deterrent. A lot of dogs just seem to stop at it being held out. Guess most are smart enough to not want to get hit. OC also has so far worked great for me the few times I had to use that. Seems to work better on dogs than humans and causes no harm to the poor dog who of course is not at fault. Now of course as we age, larger dogs that are allowed loose have to be treated with a lot more respect. An older person can and is often killed or VERY badly hurt by larger dogs FAST. If a large one gets a good first bite it can often be all over. Sadly owners who have dogs like this are seldom held to account when their dog does some real damage. Lot of them have nothing to be sued for, no insurance, and courts seldom seem to care.

I got ducks and dogs, they get along quite well. I also have a quiet 22 leaning in the corner of my shop and my daughter has a 410 scatter gun in an overwatching homework position.

Raccoons, feral cats coyotes, bears, cougars and dogs are all good to go targets. I'm not sure of the legality of catching an eagle in the act of depredation but its probably best to revert to the 3 S's of disposal.
I live a few miles outside Corvallis, and for many years had a duck flock. Many possums, racoons, skunks, a couple of foxes, and even a bear came onto my land and into my fenced yard in a quest after duck dinners. I kept the screen off the upstairs living room window, which overlooked the duck pen and most of the yard. When the ducks gave predator alarm calls, I'd go to the living room window accompanied by Buddy, my EDC, A SW 686 snubby with a Crimson Trace laser grip. My attitude was similar to @Labradorian's. Don't fvck with my ducks!

I had to draw on a dog once. I had just moved in. Got out of my van in my own driveway and a big dog comes charging down my driveway barking fiercely and in full attack mode. Instantly my 6" Ruger Security Six was in my hands and I already knew exactly at what point I would shoot the dog. The dog skid to a halt about 8 feet away, then slinked away with his tail between his legs. Maybe he knew what a gun was. Or maybe he was expecting fear and screaming, and I was motionless, silent, and p!ssed. Or maybe it was just a bluff.

The dog belonged to a neighbor, and was usually confined by a shock collar and electric fence. Sometimes the system failed and the dog got out. That dog would run at people walking by on the road. I would sometimes hear little kids scream when he ran at them. They didn't know the dog was actually confined. And I'd go out to make sure dog was not actually attacking someone, necessitating my shooting it. I was glad when, years later, that dog died. It never ran at me when I walked by its house, though. Come to think of it, I might have been the only one it left alone.

I had to draw on a dog once. I had just moved in. Got out of my van in my own driveway and a big dog comes charging down my driveway barking fiercely and in full attack mode.
I had that happen a few times. Got bit once, 2x before I talked the critter out of it. Dogs don't really scare me much, unless they're closer to my size. Then probably. But that would be a really impressively big dog.

Who in their idiotic mind would even think this would be legal, and they were not going to get into any trouble over it?
Anyone in Oregon. Clackamas County allows trespassing dogs attacking livestock to be summarily put down by the livestock's owner. Let's see, an unlicensed dog, off leash, trespasses on my property and injures my livestock? Dead dog.

e1465ef87eff8227d849eb98ed1e1084.jpg

"A cat killer? Is that the face of a cat killer? Cat chaser maybe. But hey--who isn't?"

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top