JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Why would you bring a never fired gun o

For a beautiful gun like that Id get an Alaskan Hip Holster from Diamond D. They even make an option with a flap for hunting in the rain.

View attachment 1483661
Flap is a great idea

Came back to say:

Guns you want to keep "pretty" for the most part just need to stay home, or are worn not during outdoor activities where dirt, debris, etc, get to them.

It's your gun, do whatever you want with it, but for how much you praised how pristine and pretty it was, just seems a bit strange to take it out into the woods hunting where it is most assuredly going to get wear that reduces what you appreciated about it.

Non mechanically critical surfaces... all exteriors, grips, etc.... I use Renaissance micro-crystalline. No build up micro layer you can't really even tell there is anything on it and does an excellent job keeping the elements off your firearms.

Last Edited:
I keep a microfiber towel soaked (not drenched) in Remoil in a ziploc bag. If I get rained on, the guns get dried off and a wipe down at camp.

I would recommend shooting and sighting in your handgun. I assume you're carrying it for defense since you're bow hunting. It's important to know where your hitting and get a feel for the recoil. Also, revolvers aren't infallible, they do malfunction and not all guns like all ammo. Get it out and practice with it, they are a blast!

stainless rusting that quickly?

Get it cleaned up and lubed, once its clean wipe on some Pledge furniture spray or maybe some RainX windshield wax and it should prevent any moisture trapped in the holster from rusting the metal, plus any rain will bead up and roll off.

Is your holster leather? How old is it?
Yeah, instant rust like that doesn't sound right for stainless. My stainless super redhawk has been soaked I don't know how many times and nothing like that. Must be more to the story cause that's just odd sounding. Interesting idea bout the Rain X, by the way.

So you haven't received your red wings huh?!?
team america vomit GIF

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads