JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Can someone here suggest a reliable, accurate air rifle?

It doesn't have to be a hog-killing, deer-sausage-making, zombie-attack gun. Just reliable, accurate, and uncomplicated.

The biggest thing it'll be used on is a rat or squirrel. It'll primarily be use to shoot birds.

If there's a rifle that uses compressed air (like the paintball guns), that would be great. Second choice is a CO2 gun - I don't want to be pumping the thing.

I've been looking online, and it's surprising to see how expensive some of these rifles are. I'd like to keep the price below $250.

IMG_0786.jpeg

Amazon makes a good place to look at what's there. Several PCP air guns run in the budget you set. Of course if you go with a PCP you may well want to get a compressor. Low end models that work fine are less than another $200. Beat hell out of using a hand pump. If you don't want to go PCP they make several break barrel models that will easily kill the pests you are after and well under the budget you set.

Can someone here suggest a reliable, accurate air rifle?

It doesn't have to be a hog-killing, deer-sausage-making, zombie-attack gun. Just reliable, accurate, and uncomplicated.

The biggest thing it'll be used on is a rat or squirrel. It'll primarily be use to shoot birds.

If there's a rifle that uses compressed air (like the paintball guns), that would be great. Second choice is a CO2 gun - I don't want to be pumping the thing.

I've been looking online, and it's surprising to see how expensive some of these rifles are. I'd like to keep the price below $250.

View attachment 1842535
Not as fun and it'll cost more than $250, but those soffits could use some love...

Remington Vantage, it is a one hit wonder. Ask me how I know. ;)
Otherwise, +1 here ☝

With more power comes more penetration, and also more collateral damage. Moderate power with good shot placement is the key. Many good break-action air rifles have both the power and accuracy you need at moderate range. The Diana-pattern break-action rifles are a good place to start, but other brands are similar and perform well.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top