Mags, how many do you carry

Reactions
3 for pistol, 2 for rifle.

If it's compact it's one mag in, 2 full-size mags.

If it's full-size it's one in and 2 full-size mags, 20s if possible.

Rifle will be 2 30s of 2 different ammo types.

Reactions
On a normal day, pistol with 15+1 and 2 spare 17 rounders on hip.
ar pistol in rig with mag loaded, 2 extra mags in a “get home” bag with small first aid kit.

going out of town, same setup but add a plate carrier w/ 3 more AR mags and 3 more pistol mags on it, and 2 rifle / 2 pistol mags in my “out of town” bag which is usually a little more stocked up than my normal “get home” bag. 2 days of snacks, water, extra first aid stuff and two tq’s

Tony617

Reactions
Last edited:

Savage Jav

Reactions
My thinking is the reason I can see to carry an additional mag would be if your worried about fixing a malfunction not to shoot more. You can make the argument that I want "extra firepower" but if that's the case you probably want a "truck gun ." 6-17 rounds along with your legs and brain ought to get you out of that situation. I'm not trying to get in a protractive gun fight with my carry gun, its enough to defend myself, break contact, or buy time to get more gun.

I carry an extra mag for this reason, however the most important part of carrying is that you carry it and what's in the gun is statistically enough.

DangerDog

Reactions
Just a curious question when carrying how many extra mags are y’all carrying?Or does it depend on whether you’re carrying a full size pistol or sub compact or compact!
Normally I carry one 15 round mag plus the 10 round mag in my Glock27, but now I carry two 15 round mags and the 10 round in the Glock. Never know these days.

ZigZagZeke

Reactions
For my CCW? Maybe one extra mag depending on how far I'm going, and where.

For home defense? My vest is always loaded with 9 mags, 30 each, plus 30 in the rifle.

UPCOMING EVENTS

Project Appleseed
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA
Albany Rifle & Pistol Club (ARPC) Gun Show 2021 show is cancelled
Linn County Expo Center
3700 Knox Butte Rd E, Albany, OR 97322, USA
22 Rimfire Challenge
Redmond Rod and Gun Club
Redmond, OR 97756, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• A Cut Above Pawn
    5.00 star(s)
    Great FFL Gun Transfers.
    Last Saturday morning. Me & the wife bought a pistol from another great Northwestfirearm's member. Meet up A Cut Above pawn shop. Wife had a...
  • TJ Gun Sales
    5.00 star(s)
    TJ Gun Sales
    Needed some sights for a Glock 19. Found them here for a good price and free install. :)
  • Advanced Firearms Training
    2.00 star(s)
    Good in some ways, not in others
    The shop itself has a great selection from milsurp to modern, which we rarely see much of anymore. What rubbed me the wrong way is when doing...
  • A Cut Above Pawn
    5.00 star(s)
    Great for Transfers
    Very friendly, likable crew, for example the pocket watch guy is knowledgeable about collectibles and always great to banter with while waiting...
  • A Cut Above Pawn
    5.00 star(s)
    About 8 years with these people
    I am stuck on them; always good service, nice people, and regardless of staff changes, treat me very nicely. I am pretty sure I have been doing...
Top Bottom