Mags, how many do you carry

Reactions
3 for pistol, 2 for rifle.

If it's compact it's one mag in, 2 full-size mags.

If it's full-size it's one in and 2 full-size mags, 20s if possible.

Rifle will be 2 30s of 2 different ammo types.

Reactions
On a normal day, pistol with 15+1 and 2 spare 17 rounders on hip.
ar pistol in rig with mag loaded, 2 extra mags in a “get home” bag with small first aid kit.

going out of town, same setup but add a plate carrier w/ 3 more AR mags and 3 more pistol mags on it, and 2 rifle / 2 pistol mags in my “out of town” bag which is usually a little more stocked up than my normal “get home” bag. 2 days of snacks, water, extra first aid stuff and two tq’s

Tony617

Reactions
Last edited:

Savage Jav

Reactions
My thinking is the reason I can see to carry an additional mag would be if your worried about fixing a malfunction not to shoot more. You can make the argument that I want "extra firepower" but if that's the case you probably want a "truck gun ." 6-17 rounds along with your legs and brain ought to get you out of that situation. I'm not trying to get in a protractive gun fight with my carry gun, its enough to defend myself, break contact, or buy time to get more gun.

I carry an extra mag for this reason, however the most important part of carrying is that you carry it and what's in the gun is statistically enough.

DangerDog

Reactions
Just a curious question when carrying how many extra mags are y’all carrying?Or does it depend on whether you’re carrying a full size pistol or sub compact or compact!
Normally I carry one 15 round mag plus the 10 round mag in my Glock27, but now I carry two 15 round mags and the 10 round in the Glock. Never know these days.

ZigZagZeke

Reactions
For my CCW? Maybe one extra mag depending on how far I'm going, and where.

For home defense? My vest is always loaded with 9 mags, 30 each, plus 30 in the rifle.

UPCOMING EVENTS

Albany Rifle & Pistol Club (ARPC) Gun Show 2021 show is cancelled
Linn County Expo Center
3700 Knox Butte Rd E, Albany, OR 97322, USA
22 Rimfire Challenge
Redmond Rod and Gun Club
Redmond, OR 97756, USA
Rimfire Challenge May 8th @ DRRC
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• A Cut Above Pawn
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic Customer Service!
    Recently, they helped my lady transfer a pistol to a family member in CA. Most FFLs would have told us to pound sand when we mentioned where we...
  • HighLine Firearms
    5.00 star(s)
    One of the best!
    I have bought from online and in person. Great store, he had things I did not know were needed. I try and recommend Highline Firearms to people I...
  • Copeland Custom Gunworks
    5.00 star(s)
    The only gunsmith I'll use
    Tim has done a few projects for me and the result is always the same. Amazing. End of story. From complete refinish to custom machining, Tim is...
  • Copeland Custom Gunworks
    5.00 star(s)
    great work refinishing my 27 year old 1991 a1 compact colt .45
    Tim did a great job making my gun look brand new again and replacing the old parts inside. Super Happy!!
  • Lucky Sporting Goods
    5.00 star(s)
    Just a transfer but a great one. A+
    Came here today to meet another forum member to buy a Glock. Was the best transfer I've had the pleasure of doing. Even though I was just there...
Top Bottom