JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
3 for pistol, 2 for rifle.

If it's compact it's one mag in, 2 full-size mags.

If it's full-size it's one in and 2 full-size mags, 20s if possible.

Rifle will be 2 30s of 2 different ammo types.

On a normal day, pistol with 15+1 and 2 spare 17 rounders on hip.
ar pistol in rig with mag loaded, 2 extra mags in a "get home" bag with small first aid kit.

going out of town, same setup but add a plate carrier w/ 3 more AR mags and 3 more pistol mags on it, and 2 rifle / 2 pistol mags in my "out of town" bag which is usually a little more stocked up than my normal "get home" bag. 2 days of snacks, water, extra first aid stuff and two tq's

Last Edited:
My thinking is the reason I can see to carry an additional mag would be if your worried about fixing a malfunction not to shoot more. You can make the argument that I want "extra firepower" but if that's the case you probably want a "truck gun ." 6-17 rounds along with your legs and brain ought to get you out of that situation. I'm not trying to get in a protractive gun fight with my carry gun, its enough to defend myself, break contact, or buy time to get more gun.

I carry an extra mag for this reason, however the most important part of carrying is that you carry it and what's in the gun is statistically enough.

Just a curious question when carrying how many extra mags are y'all carrying?Or does it depend on whether you're carrying a full size pistol or sub compact or compact!
Normally I carry one 15 round mag plus the 10 round mag in my Glock27, but now I carry two 15 round mags and the 10 round in the Glock. Never know these days.

For my CCW? Maybe one extra mag depending on how far I'm going, and where.

For home defense? My vest is always loaded with 9 mags, 30 each, plus 30 in the rifle.

! el-duce-guns-firebat-boondock-saints-movies-AvDv.jpg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top