JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Depends on everything! Usually, it's a full size with 2 extra mags, and some times I add a back up with 1 extra mag! All this can change with out notice, so......

practice your best carry and play around with different load outs to find what works for you!

Trips to the store, just my pistol and a single mag.

If I go a little further away from town (or down town) I either change what Im carrying (switching ro full size off body) or I simply bring 1 extra mag.
I feel like if I can't take care of a problem with aggressive yet judicious shot placement.. that is more a situation for leos .. or perhaps I need to get the eff out of there.

But to answer the question. 1 extra mag or one spare speed strip for the revolver and I feel comfortable most anywhere I go.

Last Edited:
About the same here, but generally if carrying the full size auto two extra magazines on my person ... more in my 'go bag'. If carrying the revolver generally two speed loaders again with more in the 'go bag'. I like the speed loaders much more than the speed strips ZA... carries. Probably going back to how/when I originally started shooting a DA revolver.

When I carry, it's usually a S&W 9mm Shield which came with a 7 round and a 8 round mag. So, I carry the 7 round as an extra, every time. I feel 8 rounds is just cutting it close.

Rarely I carry a Glock 21, it has a 13 round mag and I consider that plenty.

Depends where I'm going.

EDC - none - I generally do not carry firearms on my person

Normal times - if I do carry - the mag in the gun and maybe an extra

Zombie apocalypse?

31211006.jpg

I just purchased a 3rd 8 round mag for my shield so now I can carry 2 extra. I just cannot get used to my pinky hanging off of the pistol grip.
You know you can buy a base for the mags.
On a shield that will add 1 or 2 rounds.
With out adding a big difference in size.

I usually carry a Glock19x with a 17 round mag in the gun +1 in the chamber.
Then another mag with 19 rounds.
But I have a few 33 round mags close by in my car or a back pack.
Depends on what I think about the day and situation I'm going in to.

I really like the Shield I had three of them but .
I gave one that had the crimson trace light and lazer to my friend in south Carolina.
With 4 mags.
Then one to my sister .
And one to @Melmelhunter all got 4 or five mags with each.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top