JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I built 3 out off 2X4 s. Made for 18" wide IDPA target.
attachment.jpg

Good on ya!

For portability you can make them without using glue. ie for folks without a pickup / suv. Just press fit. A rubber mallet helps with set up/take down if doing the press fit method.

Also handy for press fit is ease of replacing tube sections.

We made three of these same ones, didn't glue them, and when broken down part way all pieces fit in a five gallon bucket. Makes em really easy to carry to and from the vehicle.

I'm not going to show it now because it 08:00 and raining outside I just woke up but I got something similar to those and possibly anyone of you can get one just like it for free or pretty cheap lol stay tuned in I will post more later . after I finish my coffee lol

As you can see the legs are spikes that sick in the ground and can be removed so it would lay flat in your truck and you could get a few of them .
It has a slot so you can slide cardboard or Target in it .
It's about 6 feet tall .lol want to know what it is and where you might get one or two

Ok here you go we have all been to a fast food drive through well .you know all those signs they have out by the driveway with the special or what ever that's what this is lol they come in different sizes .no I DIDN'T STEAL IT LOL.
so most fast food restaurant get these and they use them for a little bit then they get new ones.i just happen to drive a truck for McDonald's if you ask the owners of the fast food restaurant or the manager .or what ever they might give you there old ones .or sell it to you cheap .
Because they just throw them away after they get new ones. Again I say I didn't steal it .just asked the maintenance guy at one of my stores that I deliver to .he gave me this one and is going to save the old ones next time they get a new one for me .

Last Edited:
Navigator

Very nice and great idea! And very clear pictures and plans to construct one. The wood uprights are also a great idea and replaceable should one have a bad shot which protects the actual Target Stand of PVC!. Wood uprights are cheap! I use them in my Metal Target Stands. Also as Citizen stated, one should fill them with enough sand but not to be too heavy. But just enough to compensate for any wind speed in the area from blowing on the target and knock the Target Stand down. (Various parts of the country experience various wind speeds as a rule) For example I have a buddy who lives in Amarillo, Texas and it is almost windy every day. With 20 -25 wind gust everyday as a norm and at times higher! So that is a consideration when adding sand to a stand. One might want to leave one of the End Caps loose until they fine tune the Stand for wind in their area? And as we know concerning Target Stands blowing down! This always happens after we have walked clear back and are ready to shoot, before they blow down!:p

Sniper 03

Last Edited:
A while back I built a nice collapsible pvc shooting stand and was all excited to use it. First time out at Mary's peak my shooting buddy hit the target on his second shot. Down went the pvc stand for the trip. I fixed that stand and then took my wife shooting. she also hit the stand and ended it's usefulness for that trip.

I either needed more accurate shooting partners or to use wood/metal as a stand. Since you can buy the later at home depot, I went that route.

2wheels,

That is where the wood uprights come into play. If one makes the complete stand of PVC as you have found! I guarantee you the bullets will find the uprights every time. It is like they are BULLET MAGNETS!:p
It is not your Buddy's or Wife's fault it was due to the Magnetic Field! :rolleyes:

Sniper 03

We occasionally hit one of our PVC irrigation pipes with an errant projectile. The result is never good and frequently catastrophic sending a geyser 20 feet in the air. The stuf is pretty brittle and explodes with ease. I would prefer a more durable material. Otherwise looks nice.

I don't know how mine will handle a hit .its metal but not heavy probably handle one or two hits .lol never tried it yet just got it the other day

EPS,

Not to spread bad news! But most Metal Uprights also seem to be Bullet Magnets and have the Magnetic Field! :rolleyes: It seems to be either the Up Rights being hit or the Bottom Cross Bar!
I have found the wood uprights to work the best over all. You just put a new one in the Stand and re-attach the Target Backer with Target!
I was a Range Master and Firearms Training Officer with a Metro PD for years and Target Stand maintenance was a regular job. (Target Company Metal Up Rights). Still instruct various LE weapons classes for several manufacturers and presently using Targets with Wood Up Rights for live fire classes. I you are doing a class and a Target Stand gets shot up to the point it is not usable. That is a major problem at the classes. So as stated, today when traveling I always use Wood Up Right Stands. His PVC Target Stand would work just fine with the Wood Up Rights since he is using Wood replaceable Up Rights. Anyone who would shoot that low and hit the the bottom of his PVC stand. Maybe doesn't need to be shooting until they can receive much more instruction! IMO;)
Sniper 03

That's pretty cool, where can I get some of those awesome targets?:D
Like I said in my first post I was drinking my coffee lol so I went to the shed with a sharpie and a razor blade to whip that up in about 1 min lol took the pictures then went back to drinking coffee.
To get a target like that you have to buy a 55 inch TV and save the box lol

We occasionally hit one of our PVC irrigation pipes with an errant projectile. The result is never good and frequently catastrophic sending a geyser 20 feet in the air. The stuf is pretty brittle and explodes with ease. I would prefer a more durable material. Otherwise looks nice.

You would have to shoot very low and be a very bad shot to hit the pvc, the only thing in danger of getting hit is the wood uprights and they're only $1.42 for 8 feet.

You could hit the small upright portion of pvc that holds the wood uprights but I didn't glue those for that reason and ease of transport/storage.

EPS,

Not to spread bad news! But most Metal Uprights also seem to be Bullet Magnets and have the Magnetic Field! :rolleyes: It seems to be either the Up Rights being hit or the Bottom Cross Bar!
I have found the wood uprights to work the best over all. You just put a new one in the Stand and re-attach the Target Backer with Target!
I was a Range Master and Firearms Training Officer with a Metro PD for years and Target Stand maintenance was a regular job. (Target Company Metal Up Rights). Still instruct various LE weapons classes for several manufacturers and presently using Targets with Wood Up Rights for live fire classes. I you are doing a class and a Target Stand gets shot up to the point it is not usable. That is a major problem at the classes. So as stated, today when traveling I always use Wood Up Right Stands. His PVC Target Stand would work just fine with the Wood Up Rights since he is using Wood replaceable Up Rights. Anyone who would shoot that low and hit the the bottom of his PVC stand. Maybe doesn't need to be shooting until they can receive much more instruction! IMO;)
Sniper 03
I figured it would take a hit but it was free and I am going to get a few more lol I have plans to go out in a few weeks with a few friends and do a full day of Shooting so we will see what happens

PVC is great stuff. I've built numerous projects with PVC - just haven't done a target stand. I definitely need to make one of these in the near future - I just keep forgetting to do it. Thanks for posting the reminder!

By the way, the sand in the PVC is a great way to add some weight if you need it. I built a flag stand for my daughter's scouting group and did the sand thing to help keep it nice and steady.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top