JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
There was a very large group target shooting at the first clearcut behind Timber Oregon today. Im guessing roughly 6-7 vehicles and a roughly a dozen people.

Im not accusing, but with that many vehicles and people if this wasn't their trash it sure looks like something a large group like that would have left behind, Ive never seen this spot look so trashed.

Later in the afternoon they were gone but here was the scene left behind. Click on the pic then zoom in.

20230902_152348.jpg

You misunderstand.
They were generously leaving their targets for other people to enjoy, It's like recycling and it prevents global warming.;)

Last Edited:
I will NEVER understand people like this.

I don't care if it's shooting or a picnic or camping or a day at the beach/lake or a parade or rally or whatever. Who the hell just leaves all their crap behind? Who raises people like this? How do you get anywhere near approaching adulthood and you do this kinda thing?

Any 30-30 brass??
I didnt check, this time the mess was too great. I have personally cleaned up this spot on my own. Its a popular spot but my guess is people probably dont know its actually private land and will get closed if this keeps up.
Im usually prepared to haul out one garbage bag of trash, but I didnt shoot there today and the broken chair and 3 improvised wood target stands left behind I have no way to dispose of.

Here is a zoom of the casing pile left behind.
1693714058884.jpeg

I didnt check, this time the mess was too great. I have personally cleaned up this spot on my own. Its a popular spot but my guess is people probably dont know its actually private land and will get closed if this keeps up.
Im usually prepared to haul out one garbage bag of trash, but I didnt shoot there today and the broken chair and 3 improvised wood target stands left behind I have no way to dispose of.

Here is a zoom of the casing pile left behind.
View attachment 1480779
I'm sorry, I was just being a smarta$$.
We have exactly the same messes in my local spot. Plus the debris from high school kid's bonfire and beer parties.
People suck

I run into this a lot when fishing. Once at a popular fishing hole back in Illinois I arrived to see the spot trashed like this.

Someone had gone to Walmart and bought 3 bags full of new fishing tackle. They then proceeded to open all of it right there at the spot and just throw the wrappers and bags there on the ground. Of course they were long gone so after cussing them and their mothers I filled those three walmart bags with their trash before I could toss my line in for the day.

People that do this kind of thing are among the trashiest of trash. May they all get touched up side their heads with blunt objects.

Went to Gifford Pinchot National Forest last Wednesday. The place looked like one large homeless camp. Trash, clothes, etc. with toilet paper strewn all over the place.

That is one of the reasons weyco closed so many of there gates years ago in my area. A few bad eggs ruined it for the rest of us.
This particular spot shows as private on my map sources, its a small stand alone clearcut so my guess is the timber company that owns it doesn't really care if people target shoot at it right now. Its a really convenient spot, right on the main county road and a perfect spot to zero a hunting rifle at 100yds with a safe hillside backstop.
most anyone local here westside of Portland probably knows this spot. And if the owner finds it a dump they will close it.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top