JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I guess I could get a few 2/4 to put in front of it or something my buddy has a few steal Target's.so we will have those if these fail LOL

My .02 cents...

I use the exact same stands for targets (PVC) frames for almost 6 years now, never had an issue with them at all, even in the wind... I didnt glue the end caps of the stand, I leave those open so I can add sand, dirt or gravel to give it some added weight if needed. I spent less then $100 for all of the pvc, cutters, wood and glue to make 6 complete stands, all of which are still perfect to this day, I can break them down to stow away for travel as necessary.

Keep a roll of essential "Duct Tape" in case the pvc does get shot, it works...:D

We are different in that we don't need portable stands. This has worked well for the last 6 years of nearly daily shooting. For long range (we have a good 1000 yard range here on the ranch) we use steel barrels with targets attached. They don't leave any residue and are easily moved with one of our quads, UTV's or tractor. 91A0FD28-6B79-4992-A90B-ACA266B8D504.jpeg

We are different in that we don't need portable stands. This has worked well for the last 6 years of nearly daily shooting. For long range (we have a good 1000 yard range here on the ranch) we use steel barrels with targets attached. They don't leave any residue and are easily moved with one of our quads, UTV's or tractor. View attachment 454735
No fair lol having a range In your yard lol and a 1000 yard range .
Come on man . really rub some more salt in that cut . HEHEE we love it

Thank you so much for posting this! I am starting to work on my summer "to do" list and was thinking about making some target stands for our home range.

Teacher smurf, these are good stands. I remember seeing this video a long time ago and started puting my stand together and figured, why not just make the whole thing out of PVC and then put a piece of ply wood on as a backer board. That worked out really well for me for years. You just have to be careful not to let just anyone shoot at it because that PVC doesn't hold up to bullets too well... Recently I've just been making some stands out of 2x6 (for the base) and 1x2, 1x3, 1x4 or what ever 1" thick board you have laying around. I had a bunch of window trim left over from a job and just used that. Here are some pics of my PVC stand with plywood backer and my wood stands. The all wood stands are much easier/quicker to build:

All wood stands:
kGYIlBw.jpg

PVC stand:
K6rTYoA.jpg

One nice thing about the PVC stand is you can make the legs a 2 piece design so you can shorten the stand so it will fit in the trunk of a car and you can also raise it up. My stands are adjustable from 4' (approx.) tall to 6' tall...

Teacher smurf, these are good stands. I remember seeing this video a long time ago and started puting my stand together and figured, why not just make the whole thing out of PVC and then put a piece of ply wood on as a backer board. That worked out really well for me for years. You just have to be careful not to let just anyone shoot at it because that PVC doesn't hold up to bullets too well... Recently I've just been making some stands out of 2x6 (for the base) and 1x2, 1x3, 1x4 or what ever 1" thick board you have laying around. I had a bunch of window trim left over from a job and just used that. Here are some pics of my PVC stand with plywood backer and my wood stands. The all wood stands are much easier/quicker to build:

All wood stands:
View attachment 454798

PVC stand:
View attachment 454799

One nice thing about the PVC stand is you can make the legs a 2 piece design so you can shorten the stand so it will fit in the trunk of a car and you can also raise it up. My stands are adjustable from 4' (approx.) tall to 6' tall...
Lol for get about the stands how about how clean and organized your shop is good job lol I won't post pictures of my shed HEHEE

Good thread OP. The thing I like about having a good target stand like this is you take everything back home with you. Just staple your targets to the backer, pull them off if you want to save them, but everything goes back home with you and you don't leave garbage or targets stapled to some pallet in the woods....

Here's one for about $35 bucks, +/-. It's made by @HatPointTarget , out of Oregon City. It's all polymer plastic, withstands bullet holes and is really light weight. I have one and really like it.

View attachment 454607

View attachment 454608

I've used extra PVC for a stand but I broke down and ordered one of these HatPoint Targets. I really like them. They spike into the ground nicely and when you go shooting with people who can't resist shooting at your uprights, they can be easily replaced. For me, it was $35 well spent.

I've used extra PVC for a stand but I broke down and ordered one of these HatPoint Targets. I really like them. They spike into the ground nicely and when you go shooting with people who can't resist shooting at your uprights, they can be easily replaced. For me, it was $35 well spent.

I noticed the upright polymer sticks he has can take a few hits and don't shatter. Would be better than wood sticks like mine. Same with the base. It seems to be a soft type of plastic and not brittle.

It's cool to see more people investing, building and using stands. Far better than wood pallets and plywood.

All wood stands:
View attachment 454798

PVC stand:
View attachment 454799

Great to know. Thank you!

I noticed the upright polymer sticks he has can take a few hits and don't shatter. Would be better than wood sticks like mine. Same with the base. It seems to be a soft type of plastic and not brittle.

It's cool to see more people investing, building and using stands. Far better than wood pallets and plywood.

I agree, I go out to my favorite rock quarries/gravel pits in the NF and see things people bring out and leave. All the above things you said +more.

Lol oh don't worry about that guy like I said member sense 2012 and only 106 post mmmmm what is that 2 1/2 a month probably takes him all month to come up with a stupid smart A$$ post ....lol I smell a troll

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top