JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have been wanting to make one of these for a while and I finally got around to making one today so I can be ready for some summer shooting.

It was pretty fun to build and cost me around $33.

I followed this guys instructions as I like this design the best out of all I have seen online, can't wait to use it!

28A807A7-2CA3-4FC1-BECD-9804BCF608A8.jpeg

6BBADECE-0E28-411C-865F-36BBD85044DF.jpeg

BE5787ED-F758-4931-8275-0C50150752EC.jpeg

@WrenchNguns , @Reno911 .

01red has got the idea! Just like yours, Reno and Wrench! Way to go, 01red! Nice work! I think it's important that we see people using, building or buying, their own stands. So much better than simply taking out a wood pallet or piece of plywood as a target stand! They always leave that wood at the shooting site, 'for the next guy' because it has no value after they're done using it, and it reflects as trash on us shooters. So, thanks for taking the time to invest in a stand you'll enjoy for a long time! (or at least as long as you can hit the target and not the frame!)

This was really easy to build and I would encourage anyone who shoots outdoors to build one. The hardest part was smelling the fumes from the glue, but it was actually really fun and satisfying to build.

I am trying to think of other things I could build out of pvc, if I could get the pvc for a good price I would make these and sell them!

Here's one for about $35 bucks, +/-. It's made by @HatPointTarget , out of Oregon City. It's all polymer plastic, withstands bullet holes and is really light weight. I have one and really like it.

4-targets-4.png

Hatpoint target-2.jpg

No dog in the fight, just like the idea, the flexibility and convenience of it.

Cogs, I saw that at the cleanup and was impressed. I saw your dog in the fight when it almost walked away as a prize. HEY that's mine!!
Build it yourself is good too. Great idea 01Red.

Cogs, I saw that at the cleanup and was impressed. I saw your dog in the fight when it almost walked away as a prize. HEY that's mine!!
Build it yourself is good too. Great idea 01Red.
Well, it's just a little dog. I thought it was okay to display an example of what the prize, (stand) looked like. Not that it was an extra prize to win.

Not that I have any stock in the company or anything. I just like his product. Thanks for your help last Sunday!

This was really easy to build and I would encourage anyone who shoots outdoors to build one. The hardest part was smelling the fumes from the glue, but it was actually really fun and satisfying to build.

I am trying to think of other things I could build out of pvc, if I could get the pvc for a good price I would make these and sell them!

Good on ya!

For portability you can make them without using glue. ie for folks without a pickup / suv. Just press fit. A rubber mallet helps with set up/take down if doing the press fit method.

Also handy for press fit is ease of replacing tube sections.

Good on ya!

For portability you can make them without using glue. ie for folks without a pickup / suv. Just press fit. A rubber mallet helps with set up/take down if doing the press fit method.

Also handy for press fit is ease of replacing tube sections.
Exactly what I was going to suggest. Everything should fit together with a snug twist, and then be able to be broken down completely for transportation.

Another option for fixed bases is to fill them with sand for extra weight. You'd need to find a way to plug or seal the uprights, but the weight could help in windy areas.

Looks like a fun project!

Crikey, 33 bucks!?!?! What's wrong with some scrap lumber?

I had made one with some scrap lumber but it wasn't nearly as light, portable, and convenient as this. It is an investment in getting me out shooting more, it was fun
to build and honestly $33 is a bargain, about the same as two boxes of ammo.

I had made one with some scrap lumber but it wasn't nearly as light, portable, and convenient as this. It is an investment in getting me out shooting more, it was fun
I have found over the years that the best money spent has often been solely for the sake of comfort and convenience.

Brass catchers, mag loaders, steel targets, portable target stands, shooting mats, etc...

Anything that helps me shoot more often, or with less hassle, is always worth the investment.

:s0155:

It's the weight that I like. Some co workers want me to go with them to a spot they use. Only down side is you can't drive up to where they shoot. Have to park and walk in. These would be easy to pack in and pack back out.

Shepherd's Hooks
Buddy of mine brought these last time we went shooting. Fast setup, easy take down and carry out.
On each one, he hung a 8" x 3/8" gongs, and the way the chains worked, the gongs always returned to face at you.
We were shooting ARs, 22, 38 SPL, 44 Mag, 357 Mag, 9mm, 40 S&W, 10mm & 45ACP. They ALL stayed up for the entire shooting session.
Available at Wally World, $7.67
Panacea 64" Garden Shepherd Hook

2fddb7f1-b581-4c61-9c4c-54357e5f5328_1.43dab79e6fa4117f55e8ed1d5b4429c5.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR