JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I came across 2 full boxes of Peters Target Load 20-gauge shells in super condition from my grand pop. Just wondering if anyone would know what something like this would be worth? Thanks for any info.

Peters-20-Ga-Target-Loads-Size-8-Plastic-Shot-Shells-25-Rounds_102218658_65424_BCFEFA7EBCF70A3C.jpg Peters-20-Ga-Target-Loads-Size-8-Plastic-Shot-Shells-25-Rounds_102218658_65424_B1BF5849E04745DEa.JPG Peters-20-Ga-Target-Loads-Size-8-Plastic-Shot-Shells-25-Rounds_102218658_65424_83212099AC29742Ea.jpg

They aren't as old as you probably think so I'd guess somewhere around $10.00/box. I bought a case of 10 boxes of not Peters but 20ga target shells for $60.00 + shipping.

That box design looks real familiar.
My boxes were similar. Only it was in 12 ga. and it was called/usually referred to as, "Blue Magic" shells. Yup, the plastic cases were blue.

Yellow.....yeah, for quick ID as 20 ga.

To me.....there is no EXTRA value to them.

Aloha, Mark

Last time I bought some of those I think I paid $20 for four boxes. That was probably about 8 years ago. I still have some of them. I don't shoot a lot of clay pigeons with my 20 gauge pump. Mostly just grouse and gophers using game loads. They're probably worth more like $8 to$10 per box now, but that's just a guess.

Those are not old shells. Similar loads go for the mid-eight dollar range at Bi-Mart when in stock. Hit Sportsman's or other big box store and they are in the high nine to ten dollar range, and they will be in stock pretty much all the time.

I think those shells were common in the late 80's - mid 90's
I shot a lot of Blue Magics......very reloadable hull.

In 12 ga, Blue Magics had a smaller head diameter than a Win AA
The Blue Magics were better for my Ithaca Model 37 when reloaded
AA's would expand and hang up after the first firing.

Yeah, those look like the newer peters plastic shells. I just sold 2 boxes of the same stuff in 12ga for $8 each. You can probably do a barcode search on the googles and get an idea of what they sell for.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top