JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This a different class of firearm. I know a guy that bought one just before the embargo for around $1200. Very nice setup but functionally I have rifles I like better for half the price. But I'm sure my friend would never sell even for $5k.

why should he have to sell all of them at once, does he HAVE to sell all 100 at the same time? What entitled people to his supply of SVD clones?
The dude can ask whatever he wants for them, they are his.. sure seems like gun forum folks (not here) have turned into the twitter mob attempting to cancel everyone and anyone because they couldnt get something they wanted at rock bottom prices.

Seems like folks get angry at free market economics. He has rare items, he sets the price because the market will pay for said items. Way to win? Dont bid on his items, he'll be stuck with them OR suckers will over pay. The same goes for the ammo scalpers here on the forum. Again.. unless Im missing something.. just what is so evil and necessary of canceling here?
:s0101: Same can be said for the classifieds here. Just because you didnt buy (fill in the blank) when it was available before the latest round of scarcity doesn't entitle you to someone elses at whatever price you think you should pay. It's not like this hasnt happened before so what ya whining for?

I'm sure if I gave a rip I could go back in the history of the site and find the same people whining several years ago about the same situation. Undoubtedly could find some of those same ones selling items for what they called gouger prices then as well.

Not sure why this is a story but the guy can do whatever he wants with his stuff. I dont plan on buying one I had a couple and wasnt impressed enough to keep em. The ammo isnt as available or cheap as it was and it wasnt all that great then anyway. Not sure what the allure is nowadays but it was mainly a cheap plinker like SKS's, AK's, mosin's, K 31's, mausers, tokerev's etc. etc.

I guess it's the self entitled Karen mindset going around nowadays, sad really.

This a different class of firearm. I know a guy that bought one just before the embargo for around $1200. Very nice setup but functionally I have rifles I like better for half the price. But I'm sure my friend would never sell even for $5k.

This touches upon something I've long suspected. Honest question: other than the historical interest and/or forbid fruit aspect, what does this rifle really do better than other offerings? There are quite a few semi-automatic, box-fed, reasonably accurate, easily scoped, rifles in the .308 Winchester / 7.62x54㎜R zone.

Even if I didn't have the visceral reaction to almost anything smacking of Bolshevism, I still think I would want an M1A with nice glass or maybe even an AR-10 with the same. Granted, it is entirely possible I am missing something about the SVD that is extra neat-o. And, naturally, to each their own.

It's not just the gun industry its all industry and profit isn't evil. I am amazed at how many people don't think Capitalism works like it does, but it do.
Capitalism is great. Its crony capitalism that's wrong. Here you had people willing to put up cash for a product and a company willing to make that product. Someone just decided to take advantage of some arbitrary laws we have on imports.

:s0101: Same can be said for the classifieds here. Just because you didnt buy (fill in the blank) when it was available before the latest round of scarcity doesn't entitle you to someone elses at whatever price you think you should pay. It's not like this hasnt happened before so what ya whining for?

I'm sure if I gave a rip I could go back in the history of the site and find the same people whining several years ago about the same situation. Undoubtedly could find some of those same ones selling items for what they called gouger prices then as well.

Not sure why this is a story but the guy can do whatever he wants with his stuff. I dont plan on buying one I had a couple and wasnt impressed enough to keep em. The ammo isnt as available or cheap as it was and it wasnt all that great then anyway. Not sure what the allure is nowadays but it was mainly a cheap plinker like SKS's, AK's, mosin's, K 31's, mausers, tokerev's etc. etc.

I guess it's the self entitled Karen mindset going around nowadays, sad really.
Its the hypocrisy on this part. Though the biggest issue is unrelated to the original post, but I have touched up on it (same page, second to last post on first page). A bunch of lies involved and everyone involved originally getting screwed out of it. There was a list, and he says there was never list or a list was never brought up. On top of his other lies there's a good chance the list was just ignored and went to him. So he gets caught up in a lie and is attempting damage control.

It just happens to be that this specific part of the entire situation made news in Hungary. Its not really just Karens upset about price.
This touches upon something I've long suspected. Honest question: other than the historical interest and/or forbid fruit aspect, what does this rifle really do better than other offerings? There are quite a few semi-automatic, box-fed, reasonably accurate, easily scoped, rifles in the .308 Winchester / 7.62x54㎜R zone.

Even if I didn't have the visceral reaction to almost anything smacking of Bolshevism, I still think I would want an M1A with nice glass or maybe even an AR-10 with the same. Granted, it is entirely possible I am missing something about the SVD that is extra neat-o. And, naturally, to each their own.
Collector's value.

It's not just the gun industry its all industry and profit isn't evil. I am amazed at how many people don't think Capitalism works like it does, but it do.

Not alot of semi autos chambered in 7.62x54r. I think you kinda answered your question in saying you would rather have an M1A. Their are platforms that will out shoot it easy but is something you like. Personally I like AK's so it makes sence why guy want these rifles from a historical stance alone they are pretty cool.

MAC blasted people who buy up guns and scalp them on gunbroker two weeks later he is behind the LGS he supports getting in guns and moving them directly to GB,,,, two face MAC there are a few videos around about all the two facedness

I guess everyone has to have their "thing". I'm actually more interested in cartridges, specifically hunting cartridges, than the rifles themselves. I don't say I have a Winchester M70 Featherweight, I say I have a 7x57.

I enjoy some of the historical stuff when it comes to American firearms. But, that's because it's something my Dad is interested in and something we can both enjoy.

There's a lot of things I like. I'm also not a Karen about the price (as someone would likely claim me to be). I paid $3500 for my Sig 550, and an extra $660 for the stock (that would have been $300 years ago).

However, this situation is just a mess all around, and MAC is trying to do damage control with statements that have holes in them.

Thanks for the replies on the question. I certainly don't begrudge anyone having their "thing". Goodness knows I've got some off-beat (even, admittedly, bizarre at times), and ever fluid, taste in firearms. I was just wondering if there was something beyond what little I know about Dragunov. Too each their own, whatever brings joy. :s0155:

I guess everyone has to have their "thing". I'm actually more interested in cartridges, specifically hunting cartridges, than the rifles themselves. I don't say I have a Winchester M70 Featherweight, I say I have a 7x57.

I enjoy some of the historical stuff when it comes to American firearms. But, that's because it's something my Dad is interested in and something we can both enjoy.
Yes, my thing is to tie up my aks and tell them how dirty they are.....or is that what I do to my girlfriend.

Thanks for the replies on the question. I certainly don't begrudge anyone having their "thing". Goodness knows I've got some off-beat (even, admittedly, bizarre at times), and ever fluid, taste in firearms. I was just wondering if there was something beyond what little I know about Dragunov. Too each their own, whatever brings joy. :s0155:
They also got a reputation as a "secret weapon" as their development and blue prints were top secret.

Shoot ammo that is substantially cheaper that 7.62x51. My guess is it is more reliable too. Personally, I''d love to have one but I'm not paying these stupid prices.

Wrong on both counts its been a while since 7.62x54 was significantly cheaper than 308 / 7.62x51 . These days I am still buying quality made 308 at .70 to $1 .. Guess what decent quality x54 is right now .. $1 .

I have yet to find validate the more reliable part either and I have had the opportunity to own / shoot as many guns as anyone else has.

Different not more reliable or accurate is the only reason to own this stuff these days . Different is all it takes too , I am glad people have choice . I am more concerned with performance not being different for the sake of being different.

Having said that , were the SV98 imported I would probably want to buy one as they are very accurate from all reports I have read.

MAC blasted people who buy up guns and scalp them on gunbroker two weeks later he is behind the LGS he supports getting in guns and moving them directly to GB,,,, two face MAC there are a few videos around about all the two facedness

These aren't exactly readily or commonly available guns . Putting them on GB only makes sense ..

This thread reminded me there are a lot of folks who love to decry perceived injustices for something most are probably not going to be a player at given the prices SVD rifles sell for.

Here is the problem as I HAVE seen it - and I say HAVE because I didn't come along in the 90's as some wild eyed noobee who believed the AWB of '94 was the end of it all and was scrambling to find his first AR.

However the AWB was the beginning of what we ARE seeing and experiencing today and if any disagree then you were most likely pretty young about this time, were not into guns possibly - or didn't have the advantage of growing up before it took place, and in a much better time as a gun owner.

What I saw during this time was a transition in the gun culture from a primarily hobby/sporting/hunting pursuit to a defense predominated, fearful, paranoid, SHTF, prepper, etc. mentality.

Along with this came the advent of the aftermarket AR's, AKs, poly guns, Imports, goofy accessories to go along with all of it - and most of it marketed to the followers of this new, 'paranoid' culture of disciples.

Well the funny thing is I saw the same thing in the 70's but the difference NOW is the internet has created a whole spectrum of 'guntubers' who can spew their 'bravado' and fake imagry and convince masses to listen and follow them.

Now everybody is 'training' - not just shooting. Guns are now a 'platform' and not just a design. And don't even get me started on some of the things I see - such as the stupidest thing ever - this 'thumb over' grip on the forstock of a rifle - or is it now called a 'barrel shroud' ? AK and AR pistols ? Equally stupid concepts - or is it all about some phantasmagorical hope for an 'armed takeover' or 'Revolution', or something similarly as ignorant?

I don't care if anybody agrees - or disagrees with me but what we are seeing today is the fallout from one of the most 'accidental' industries to have ever infected a once sublime, respected and largely accepted part of American Culture.

Now we lay in a waste of the former great gun 'tradition' that has been destroyed by what I have already described, and now is prey to the onslaught of politics, varying opinions, lies, fear, and worse - the INTERNET - and from what I can see - a LOT of the 'guntubers' who are just making it worse.

Remember , I said a LOT - not all.....

I've always thought his channel was a touch holier than thou. And when the ammo crunch happened, he complained about it being "expensive for everyone" except federal gives it to him for free. And he's constantly shooting multi thousand dollar, fairly uncommon rifles and such with this free ammo, all the while begging for patrons or donations or whatever because "we're poor and ammo is expensive." Yeah, whatever Tim.

I like some of his content but I don't like blatant hypocrisy for a dollar. I'll still watch his videos.

These aren't exactly readily or commonly available guns . Putting them on GB only makes sense ..

This thread reminded me there are a lot of folks who love to decry perceived injustices for something most are probably not going to be a player at given the prices SVD rifles sell for.

Seems like a lot of people cry about other people's business these days.

Here is the problem as I HAVE seen it - and I say HAVE because I didn't come along in the 90's as some wild eyed noobee who believed the AWB of '94 was the end of it all and was scrambling to find his first AR.

However the AWB was the beginning of what we ARE seeing and experiencing today and if any disagree then you were most likely pretty young about this time, were not into guns possibly - or didn't have the advantage of growing up before it took place, and in a much better time as a gun owner.

What I saw during this time was a transition in the gun culture from a primarily hobby/sporting/hunting pursuit to a defense predominated, fearful, paranoid, SHTF, prepper, etc. mentality.

Along with this came the advent of the aftermarket AR's, AKs, poly guns, Imports, goofy accessories to go along with all of it - and most of it marketed to the followers of this new, 'paranoid' culture of disciples.

Well the funny thing is I saw the same thing in the 70's but the difference NOW is the internet has created a whole spectrum of 'guntubers' who can spew their 'bravado' and fake imagry and convince masses to listen and follow them.

Now everybody is 'training' - not just shooting. Guns are now a 'platform' and not just a design. And don't even get me started on some of the things I see - such as the stupidest thing ever - this 'thumb over' grip on the forstock of a rifle - or is it now called a 'barrel shroud' ? AK and AR pistols ? Equally stupid concepts - or is it all about some phantasmagorical hope for an 'armed takeover' or 'Revolution', or something similarly as ignorant?

I don't care if anybody agrees - or disagrees with me but what we are seeing today is the fallout from one of the most 'accidental' industries to have ever infected a once sublime, respected and largely accepted part of American Culture.

Now we lay in a waste of the former great gun 'tradition' that has been destroyed by what I have already described, and now is prey to the onslaught of politics, varying opinions, lies, fear, and worse - the INTERNET - and from what I can see - a LOT of the 'guntubers' who are just making it worse.

Remember , I said a LOT - not all.....
Good post!

Well, maybe he will make a video explaining it all. People may or may not believe him or care. Damage is already done.

I won't stop watching his content. I still hold the belief he is one of the better guntubers.
That's what I was wondering too, has he posted a rebuttal video yet? I would think that's coming if not out already.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews