JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I mean, for what it is, would be cool. But that is neither here or there. That a person, who isn't even a politician, managed to piss off so many people to get called out, meme'd, and make news in a different country, is quite the accomplishment.

A rather bad accomplishment, but it is going to be hard to top that without having a position in office.

I'm not critical of MAC for what he believes or says, I'm critical of them for poaching the benefit of someone else's three years of foresight and effort. I'm not asking for his website to be deplatformed or for his bank to close his account. If that is "cancel culture" then I guess conservatives cannot criticize anyone for anything.
Cancel culture is a conglomerate of crap.

Most people don't do anything more than react to one piece of a story, however if they in turn share it for someone else to react. An echo is created, at the end, a person's reputation business and or life are permanently changed. That's how someone participates in cancel culture.

Simply reacting or criticizing a part of the story isn't necessarily contributing to the cancel.

Sharing it without doing any research or getting the entire facts straight, is.

This thread is an example of that.

It has only 1 part of a story, yet it is continuing to create a negative outlook on someone or business. People here, are already stating the guy is horrible for it, yet they may only just know this one part of the story.

Best part of it is the culture part.

State the guy did nothing wrong, people turn on you. How dare you go against the culture created here, we are set on destroying this guy....

Cancel culture is a conglomerate of crap.

Most people don't do anything more than react to one piece of a story, however if they in turn share it for someone else to react. An echo is created, at the end, a person's reputation business and or life are permanently changed. That's how someone participates in cancel culture.

Simply reacting or criticizing a part of the story isn't necessarily contributing to the cancel.

Sharing it without doing any research or getting the entire facts straight, is.

This thread is an example of that.

It has only 1 part of a story, yet it is continuing to create a negative outlook on someone or business. People here, are already stating the guy is horrible for it, yet they may only just know this one part of the story.

Best part of it is the culture part.

State the guy did nothing wrong, people turn on you. How dare you go against the culture created here, we are set on destroying this guy....
I just posted the entire story of what is going on with the rifles. However, the full story wasn't necessary as that is involving another issue, and doesn't involve the hypocrisy of a person criticizing the practices done by others just a few weeks ago that he is now doing.

Issue here isn't so much what he is doing, so much as doing what he criticized against before. That is before you throw in the other issues with the rifles as a whole.

I've been following this a bit and it only solidifies my opinion about a lot of these YT 'guntubers' - pure sleaze, a lot of 'drama' and infighting between them and very little substance. They are using the current 'fearmongering' to their advantage and instigating it as well to their own benefit.

Remember I say a LOT - not all, but a LOT of them are just repeating the same thing - trying to support their 'position' and opinions, bantering with other 'guntubers' and creating videos to 'apologize' or 'talk' their way out of something another one said about them.

The worst of all is this idiot called 'CRS Firearms'. He has been materially involved with the 'Key Card' scandal and after he posted a video basically supporting the 'key card' and how to use it and dispose of it afterward, he again posts a lame backtrack, stumbles on the name of the 'key card' maker, tries to cover it up and mostly babbles incoherently.

He cannot spell correctly, pronounce words properly or maintain anything in the context of his videos. I am surprised YT hasn't booted him. He is nothing more than a backward hat wearing, tough talking skinny little wannabe that needs a serious 'attitude adjustment'

I just posted the entire story of what is going on with the rifles. However, the full story wasn't necessary as that is involving another issue, and doesn't involve the hypocrisy if a person criticizing the practices done by others just a few weeks ago that he is now doing.

Issue here isn't so much what he is doing, so much as doing what he criticized against before. That is before you throw in the other issues with the rifles as a whole.
Oh, it is hypocritical. That part is true.

However the whole story is full of holes.

Tim himself is not exactly the one selling the rifles. Yes, he is the face of the company selling them. However, it may be out of his reach to make decisions on the prices the rifles on Gunbroker.

Only 5 of the first batch of 50 received by copper customs were placed on Gunbroker for sale.

Copper customs runs an Instagram account, maybe by Tim? I'm not certain nor do I care. Posts about how many got incorrectly posted. Posts were removed by IG due to massive amounts of cancel culture patrons reporting them to IG.

Anyways, the point of my post on cancel culture stands. Tim is getting raked over the coals for something that is getting blown way out of proportion.

Isnt social media grand?

If this "Enchanter" Tim gives me one, I will take it. If he charges even $1, I will not. For hypocrisy he risks being cast into the gorge of eternal peril.

Screen Shot 2021-03-18 at 6.17.06 PM.png

Oh, it is hypocritical. That part is true.

However the whole story is full of holes.

Tim himself is not exactly the one selling the rifles. Yes, he is the face of the company selling them. However, it may be out of his reach to make decisions on the prices the rifles on Gunbroker.

Only 5 of the first batch of 50 received by copper customs were placed on Gunbroker for sale.

Copper customs runs an Instagram account, maybe by Tim? I'm not certain nor do I care. Posts about how many got incorrectly posted. Posts were removed by IG due to massive amounts of cancel culture patrons reporting them to IG.

Anyways, the point of my post on cancel culture stands. Tim is getting raked over the coals for something that is getting blown way out of proportion.

Isnt social media grand?
He owns the business. A post by them stated he obtained 100, then they said they only got 50, now its they have 100 but there was never a list being made. As I stated before, there was a list being made and people having a number for a line, so to speak, to get them. The claim is the list never got sent off to anyone, but considering the holes in the other claims its rather dubious.

Can't be bothered. I had every opportunity to buy a case of 9mm hollow points for $0.95/rd.

But I didn't because then I'd be one of those dummies buying 9mm for $1.00/rd

talking about a bullet that sells for like $0.14-$0.35/rd. and even funnier is that it all sold out a couple hours later. :rolleyes:

As long as fools keep cleaning the shelves buying it for these inflated prices, they'll keep jacking the prices up until it doesn't sell.

If you don't like the prices: vote with your wallets and just don't buy it.

He owns the business. A post by them stated he obtained 100, then they said they only got 50, now its they have 100 but there was never a list being made. As I stated before, there was a list being made and people having a number for a line, so to speak, to get them. The claim is the list never got sent off to anyone, but considering the holes in the other claims its rather dubious.
Well, maybe he will make a video explaining it all. People may or may not believe him or care. Damage is already done.

I won't stop watching his content. I still hold the belief he is one of the better guntubers.

Here's a thought. Perhaps a less than a sweet pill to swallow. But I'll speak my thoughts anyway. So, how much better are the ammo and reloading component scalpers on here than this guy? o_O I mean nearly a dollar a round for 9mm and 5.56 for example

My math is pretty simple. If for example I would break down the cost per round for 5.56... I would buy a thousand primers for roughly $30 thousand. 55gr. FMJ for roughly $100 a thousand. A pound of powder on average of $30. 7,000 grains in a pound and roughly 25gr. charge per shot. That's enough to load about 280 rounds of 5.56. If we add everything up, primer ¢3
Bullet ¢10
Powder charge ¢11
Free range PU Brass ¢ 0
———
¢24 per round

I understand the supply and demand part and making some profit for the trouble but to mark it three times over actual value is basically scalping your 2A brothers and sisters. I don't want to judge but some asking prices I see just involuntarily raise my eye brows. I compared the handloads process but the same components are in factory ammo too. Primer, brass, copper, lead and powder. I'm sure munitions factories buy their materials in bulk at a better price and can roll out the same ammo at a lesser cost than me.
The thing is, he made a whole video about doing the same thing he's accused of doing, dismissed "the list" people, AND dissed my BRO! If he was a no name gun shop that just happen to swoop them up its one thing, but he's a public figure with his fingers in all the pots and was FULLY aware of all the bad moves he made.

I've been following this a bit and it only solidifies my opinion about a lot of these YT 'guntubers' - pure sleaze, a lot of 'drama' and infighting between them and very little substance. They are using the current 'fearmongering' to their advantage and instigating it as well to their own benefit.

Remember I say a LOT - not all, but a LOT of them are just repeating the same thing - trying to support their 'position' and opinions, bantering with other 'guntubers' and creating videos to 'apologize' or 'talk' their way out of something another one said about them.

The worst of all is this idiot called 'CRS Firearms'. He has been materially involved with the 'Key Card' scandal and after he posted a video basically supporting the 'key card' and how to use it and dispose of it afterward, he again posts a lame backtrack, stumbles on the name of the 'key card' maker, tries to cover it up and mostly babbles incoherently.

He cannot spell correctly, pronounce words properly or maintain anything in the context of his videos. I am surprised YT hasn't booted him. He is nothing more than a backward hat wearing, tough talking skinny little wannabe that needs a serious 'attitude adjustment'

Its funny you mention this. I was just thinking that I have all but stopped watching firearms related content on YouTube unless its an actual review of a product I am interested in. I have unsubscribed to everything because I have no desire to watch or be a fan of a "channel". I'd rather come here and talk to people I like vs listen to someone blather on and on about nothing and everything all at once.....(hehe)

Back in 1991 I remember buying one of the Russian SVD rifles at Fred Baker's in OKC . I was really excited , so much so that I paid $1500 for the rifle .. In my exuberance I rushed home to experience the death ray like accuracy which I imagined the rifle to possess . The true capabilities of the rifle left me unimpressed especially with the surplus available in those days , it did somewhat better with the Norma ammunition available but still it left me underwhelmed. My state of disappointment led me to sell the gun and I got every penny I had paid for it back in about a month. Had I been smarter I would have kept it knowing what I do today but in those days my finances were meager and that $1500 went to a Remington 700 PSS and scope which was more suited to the accuracy I was wanting.

Would I buy one of these nope . but I know there are a lot of younger shooters who have played video games and want to be like call of duty or some such .

If there is enough demand then these will show up in greater numbers, if not they wont . I am glad Tim can get this much money for them good for him.

Back in 1991 I remember buying one of the Russian SVD rifles at Fred Baker's in OKC . I was really excited , so much so that I paid $1500 for the rifle .. In my exuberance I rushed home to experience the death ray like accuracy which I imagined the rifle to possess . The true capabilities of the rifle left me unimpressed especially with the surplus available in those days , it did somewhat better with the Norma ammunition available but still it left me underwhelmed. My state of disappointment led me to sell the gun and I got every penny I had paid for it back in about a month. Had I been smarter I would have kept it knowing what I do today but in those days my finances were meager and that $1500 went to a Remington 700 PSS and scope which was more suited to the accuracy I was wanting.

Would I buy one of these nope . but I know there are a lot of younger shooters who have played video games and want to be like call of duty or some such .

If there is enough demand then these will show up in greater numbers, if not they wont . I am glad Tim can get this much money for them good for him.

Yes! There are plenty of better rifles when it comes to performance. A well-built AR-10 with a decent scope would smoke any SBD Dragon-off.

The weird thing is, I don't have to buy anything if I don't agree on the price. I'm not an addict. People act like this stuff is heroin or something and you'll get gunsick if you don't score some smack.

^ This so much. If a something, gun or otherwise, can reasonably be thought to provide enough enjoyment to justify the financial cost and time investment, then great. If not, not. Move on and don't care. (shrug) Seems easy to me. :s0155:

Bit of sidetrack, my interest in some guns is less performance and more collectors. Are there better performing guns? Yes, but that's missing the point entirely. I could build an AR that outperforms my Sig 550. But you know what that AR won't be? A Sig 550. I could sell my Sig 550 for a lot, but I won't.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews