JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Wow, congrats! If you get to worrying too much about karma, I'm sure there are plenty generous members here whose sense of charity would compel them to unburden you of that beauty. You know, just to help balance things out.

I wanted to post a bit of an update.

It's hard for me to say there was something about the gun I didn't like, since it was given to me. But, the Hogue free flat tube really never did it for me. I didn't like that there was no way to put a front sight on the rifle and the fact the tube didn't cover the gas block, it just didn't look right to me. But, I am not going to complain and figured once the current crazy died out, I'd remedy the problem with a new gas block or hand guard.

Well board at work the other day, I check Colt Competition's website and found the 2013's were out and they had a NEW hand guard, one with provisions for a rail!! I sent them an email on Friday afternoon asking if there was anyway I could upgrade my 2012 free float Hogue for the new 2013 rail? On Monday I got an email back and we were able to work out an awesome deal. I took the rifle in that afternoon and yesterday I got it back with the upgraded hand guard.

IMG_20130501_124237_836.jpg

It covers the gas block, has provision for a front site and has two smaller accessory rails I can add on. Now, I am a bit embarrassed to say I've only been able to shoot about 20 rounds through the rifle at 30 feet, so I don't have any sort of range report, but since it went back in for work I had to take the scope off. I am going to throw my cheap scope back on it and take it to the range next week. Colt Competition is great to deal with. Everyone I spoke with is super enthusiastic about these rifles and they are very nice to shoot.

I wanted to post a bit of an update.

It's hard for me to say there was something about the gun I didn't like, since it was given to me. But, the Hogue free flat tube really never did it for me.
Good call! I like that new handguard way better.. that's one HELL of an "entry level" AR-15 :s0155: haha

Now, I am a bit embarrassed to say I've only been able to shoot about 20 rounds through the rifle at 30 feet

Do you not have any ammo for it? I'm dry myself, but I could probably send you about a box if you don't have any.. nothing sucks as much as getting an [awesome] new gun and not being able to shoot it lol.. I speak from experience too, I just picked up an EAA .45ACP.. it came with less than half a box. I shot about 15rds thru it to make sure it wouldn't detonate and kept a mag-full.
My suggestion would be to get a .22lr (CMMG) conversion BCG for it.. especially considering current ammo "conditions".. it's a lot more fun to go to the range and shoot 500rds of 22lr than it is 1 or 2 mags of .223 lol (in my opinion)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top