JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Will do.

My question is; If someone takes this gun and tries to trade it in or pawn it off, will the serial number reveal it to the gun store as a stolen or lost item? I wonder about Washington, because I heard that a gun shop may not find out if it's a hot weapon when they take it in on trade. I've also heard that Oregon would automatically flag the serial number. All that is hear-say but I'd like to know if it would turn up in a trade-in or pawn shop.

That is the way it is "supposed to work". Now as with anything the Gov gets into it sadly often does not. Some times a pawn shop gets caught with a stolen gun even after they check. AFAIK they just have to eat the money they gave the person who brought it in when that happens.

And how did that happen

The magazine floor plate got snagged on the mag in front of it, and launched into the snow. I couldn't find it. A month later I found the mag, but someone had shot it. Grrrrr.

The target, I just didn't pick it up. Must have left it right by my truck. Was in a rush. 20190330_131821.jpg

The magazine floor plate got snagged on the mag in front of it, and launched into the snow. I couldn't find it. A month later I found the mag, but someone had shot it. Grrrrr.

The target, I just didn't pick it up. Must have left it right by my truck. Was in a rush. View attachment 576345
Oh that sucks I know HK mags are Exspesive.
Lol I have three steal targets body Targets.
I haven't left one behind yet .
Lol so far the most I have lost is a AR MAG .
probably got picked up and put into other people car or truck by mistake

Oh that sucks I know HK mags are Exspesive.
Lol I have three steal targets body Targets.
I haven't left one behind yet .
Lol so far the most I have lost is a AR MAG .
probably got picked up and put into other people car or truck by mistake

I used it as a chance to get better and bought a 8" gong instead. The torso was too big for rifke shooting.

Another factor, like the gentleman who suggested the tailgate method mentioned, is keeping things in a familiar location. I have found that the instant you deviate from your system and set something down where it shouldn't be is the instant you will forget about it completely.

I wasn't trying to give anyone a hard time. I am more than capable of loosing something, I have proven that more than once.

My fancy high dollar gun cases are the Amazon $7 soft sided padded zipered pistol cases and 30 year old $15 hard sided plastic long gun cases. The reason I use the cases is not to account for my guns... it is because I don't want to scratch up my firearms. The thing that keeps me from resting a rifle against a tree or putting a handgun on a stump is the love of my weapons and the sick feeling if I put a scratch on one of them. The padded pistol cases fit nicely into my range bag and keep the pistols seperated from one another... hard sided custom cut pistol cases are WAY to bulky and they are all piled up in the back of the closet.

I have lost tools that were left under the hood... camping gear I have been pretty lucky with because I do tripple check everything there. There is a shotgun plug somewhere in the middle of the ocean half way between here and Hawaii that was carelessly launched out of the end of my shotgun tube. The concept of laying a gun down somewhere other than the tailgate in its protective case is just foreign to me. I guess a lot of that has to do with my tailgate is always the closest surface to where I shoot and crying over the first scratch in the blueing on my first 22... oh yeah, I remember that scratch well!

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads